Author Topic: Borderlands Sanctuary  (Read 3807 times)

Sssith

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 18
    • View Profile
Re: Borderlands Sanctuary
« Reply #120 on: June 11, 2019, 09:33:14 AM »
So I am playing the new DLC and it is a good time.  I dusted off my Maya and I have to say that I love how she plays.  Easily my favorite style of playing the game.  What is also nice is that my main weapon is the Hammer Buster which is a nice change of pace from Pimpernels and Unkempt Harrolds. 

For you curious folks the hammer buster is a Jakobs rifle that is farmable in the Dust.  It hits hard and fast.  There is a better version of the weapon that I think is a pearl called the Bekha.  Ridiculously hard to farm.  I still switch to a Pimpernel from time to time but the main attack is the Hamer.

mn4nu

• THAC0: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 11, 2019, 02:48:26 PM »
Is the Pimpernel Scarlett? :P

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 11, 2019, 03:12:18 PM »
Scarlett is the base model with no mods.  Basically, all Pimps start off as Scarlett.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 09:46:37 AM by Sssith »

Darkness

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 12, 2019, 03:41:26 AM »
Have also started on the new DLC. Early days at the moment but, I'm having fun.

Ray Patean

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 13, 2019, 05:04:41 PM »
I finally hit 50 for the first time with any character - playing as Gaige. I started in on UVHM and the new DLC, and promptly got my ass handed to me. I couldn't keep my anarchy stacks up, because I would get 1-2 shot by pretty much anything...and couldn't kill anything fast enough to progress. My main weapons are a slag Fibber, a single shot Jackob's shotgun, and a KerBlaster.

I decided to go through the Torgue DLC, in hopes of getting an Unkempt Harold. It was progressive decently, and then I had to fight the blimp on top of that frigging tower. I ended up rage quitting last night after getting killed about 25 times on the way up the tower, and on top of the tower.

I'm tempted to switch to a different character - using the boosted level 30 character will be a big help with this. It's just frustrating that TVHM was going smoothly, and now I'm getting completely obliterated in UVHM.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 13, 2019, 09:37:20 PM »
UVHM is very unkind.  I haven't gotten Gaige past 53, very tough.  Getting some levels is the trick but you might want to check out gearbox forums.  Very nice place actually, and they could give you better tips about Gaige than I can.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 17, 2019, 09:45:37 PM »
I finally hit 50 for the first time with any character - playing as Gaige. I started in on UVHM and the new DLC, and promptly got my ass handed to me. I couldn't keep my anarchy stacks up, because I would get 1-2 shot by pretty much anything...and couldn't kill anything fast enough to progress. My main weapons are a slag Fibber, a single shot Jackob's shotgun, and a KerBlaster.

I decided to go through the Torgue DLC, in hopes of getting an Unkempt Harold. It was progressive decently, and then I had to fight the blimp on top of that frigging tower. I ended up rage quitting last night after getting killed about 25 times on the way up the tower, and on top of the tower.

I'm tempted to switch to a different character - using the boosted level 30 character will be a big help with this. It's just frustrating that TVHM was going smoothly, and now I'm getting completely obliterated in UVHM.

I'm being dumb.  The other choice is that you join up with me and I level you up a bit.  PM me if interested.

Darkness

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 18, 2019, 03:56:50 AM »
I'm being dumb.  The other choice is that you join up with me and I level you up a bit.  PM me if interested.

Levelling isn't going to help. Farming level appropriate gear is what will do it. I don't know how it will work with you in the game but, if you can get gear at Ray's level from mercenary day, that would be the way to go.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 18, 2019, 08:49:31 AM »
I think leveling will help.  It will help to open up new areas and get a couple more skill points.  Getting off the Southern Shelf is a bit deal.  Getting your hands on a Harold is another one.  The beginning of UVHM is a grind and does require you to change your play style.  I found Gaige to be pretty tough in UVHM.  I am going to assume he has an Anarchy Build.  Getting stacks up quickly also means having a really effective shotgun.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 18, 2019, 09:02:53 AM »
In my own gameplay, I have hit level 80.  Farming the new boss is very easy if you trigger the respawn point where you launch the missile.

For giggles, I am trying to farm tubbies for a Bekah.  Holy cow that is tedious.  So far I am finding the Dust to be the easiest way to do it.  Annoyingly I got a pearl from the second generation loot pool, which is among the rarest drops in the game, only for it to be the Wanderlust.  The Wanderlust is perhaps the worst gun in the game.  FML.

As part of that farming, I have a lot of second gen COMs which is nice.  But probably not something I am going to use much of.

Maybe I should try my hand at an OP level.

Ray Patean

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 18, 2019, 01:17:09 PM »
Thanks for the offer, but this is on my Xbox character. I finally decided to give up on my Gaige. I was just too squishy, and having to constantly rebuild Anarchy stacks was just not fun. I had on-level weapons, both from killing the snowman and the golden chest, but I just was dying way too quickly. It might just be a UVHM thing, but it was killing my desire to play.

I started a level 30 boosted Maya last night - holy cow is she fun, and wicked powerful. I'm just using the guns they gave me to start, but I'm really enjoying phase locking enemies and having them get sucked into a group and all getting blasted! I didn't get started with her until late last night while waiting to feed the baby, but I took down the Warrior in normal mode, and then got into Sanctuary in TVHM. I can't wait to get home and play tonight after work!

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 18, 2019, 03:37:46 PM »
I love Maya.  As I have probably made clear.  I have played all the characters some, with Sal and Krieg with the least amount of time, and she is 'The Prettiest' as Brick likes to say.

And this is a character that I can speak knowledgeably about.  Well except for Thought Lock as that is the one capstone I have not used.

Not that you asked, and by all means try different combos out, but this would be the level 53 build that I would target.

https://bl2skills.com/siren.html#515001000005050000000554510501

Cataclysm is very necessary for UVHM but not before.  Given that you will get to UVHM before level 53 you might want to tweak the order so you get it by 50.

If you need or want skill progression let me know.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 03:39:18 PM by Sssith »

Ray Patean

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: Today at 08:47:35 AM »
Still really enjoying Maya so far. I didn't get as much time to play as I wanted (damn real life getting in the way!) but I had some good luck with drops! I got an Unkempt Harold (not a dual version though), a fire Infinity from Doc Mercy, and a Bonus Package from Boom Bewm!

The Infinity and Bonus Package came in my 2nd kill of each boss, and then the Harold came on my first time killing Savage Lee. Hopefully the luck will continue!

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: Today at 09:03:35 AM »
Nice.  I assume you are in TVHM?  Those are all useful items.  It has been a while since I have farmed Doc mercy.  Maya as a whole does well with high damage weapons once you have five points in Reaper.  Jacobs weapons generally fit the ticket.  Toward the end of the TVHM, you will be able to farm for a Hammer Buster assault rifle.  Worth the time in my opinion.  The quest is The Bane.  The end of that quest is a big meh IMO.  But it takes you to McNally in the Dust who you can farm.

The Pimpernel also falls into the category of great Maya weapons for the same reason.  That is the best weapon in the game.  You might want to farm it at the end of TVHM and then again once you hit max level.

Just short of the Pimp is the Lyuda, which is a freakin' awesome sniper rifle.  In some respects, it is better than the Pimp.  Raw damage it falls short.  The Pimp has a strange firing pattern, whereas the Lyuda is a point and shot.  A good and bad thing about the Lyuda is that you can shoot really fast with it.  Easy to run out of bullets.

As for my own questing, I tried several runs at the peak.  Died every time, mainly because of multiple rabid skags.