Author Topic: Borderlands Sanctuary  (Read 4900 times)

syn

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 9
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
Re: Borderlands Sanctuary
« Reply #105 on: May 17, 2019, 09:41:16 AM »
when you get to Tundra Express there is a snowman on the right.  Shoot the head and you will find a fire weapon.

arghhg. thanks for that.

moving along smoothly enough now. was getting destroyed to begin with, but has gotten much easier after getting a few more levels.
Buttigieg on Trump: "It is the nature of grotesque things that you can't look away."  5/19/19

Sssith

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 17, 2019, 09:44:45 AM »
TVHM is harder than UVHM because you can be underlevelled for the content and it will really hurt you. Although if you want a challenge, trying to get through TVHM at the lowest level possible, will make for an easier start to UVHM.

That is true.  I generally do the minimum number of quests to keep myself on level.  Being under-leveled is a huge challenge and forces you to start using slag to survive, which is good training for UVHM.

Another way to do the quest without a fire is to turn on the fire turbines that are near the varkyn areas.

Darkness

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 17, 2019, 11:27:22 AM »
Another way to do the quest without a fire is to turn on the fire turbines that are near the varkyn areas.

Say what now? This is genuinely new news to me!

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2019, 10:15:16 AM »
Each of the nest areas has this big device that sits in the middle of them.  At the base of the device is a button.  When you push the button the device shoots fire over the whole area.  If the critters are around you will light them on fire.  If you are not careful you will light yourself on fire too.

My Zero has hit level 55.  Making slow progress and I am one level away from critical ascension.  Zero really doesn't have much in the way of crowd control.  Also frustrated by the lack of punch with my snipper.  Right now I think Mordecai and Maya are better snipers.  I probably just need a better weapon.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 25, 2019, 01:27:13 PM »
I have hit level 61.  Level 62 is the next big mark as that point all the items in the game can drop at that point I think.

I took the time to get my pimpernel for Zero.  Ah the glory of the Pimp.  I think I like Maya better than Zero but he can take down bosses as quickly which is nice.  Bosses are Maya's biggest weakness, but she can't handle the crowds better than Zero.  They probably make pretty good partners.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 25, 2019, 04:21:55 PM »
Damn...I still can't complete Tina's Tea Party.  Too many at once for Zero.  He survives but the generator doesn't.  Annoying.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 29, 2019, 01:29:10 PM »
Still can't complete the damn Tea Party.

Aside from that, I am cruising.  I have hit level 66  and I am jumping around all over the place doing different quests and gearing up from time to time.  I have finished the Fridge area, except for the arena.  I have no interest in doing anything with the Fink quest.

Rumors are abounding about E3 and a new DLC that will be revealed there.  Supposedly it will bridge Bl2 to BL3.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 02, 2019, 05:38:20 PM »
Hit level 68.  Trying to get to 72 before I do a bunch of quests.  In Hammerlock's DLC.  And for the first time I got Tripple O to spawn.  Surprised the hell out of me to see that happen.  For those who don't know he is a Bad Ass that levels up.  A witch doctor has to level the monster up five times.  Except the fifth time doesn't guarantee that he will become Triple O.  So he is super rare and he has a chance of dropping the Twister which is considered to be the rarest, and best, shotgun in the game.  He is also a source of lengendary COMs and Pearls.  Sadly I got nothing both times I got him to spawn.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 03, 2019, 02:20:44 PM »
Killed Jackenstein at the end of Hammerlock.  Damn, that is a tough monster and having a ground shield is a must.

I am about half way to level 70.  I might start the Torgue next, but that DLC has some quest items that I want to be level 72 for.

maxbeedo

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 04, 2019, 10:52:24 AM »
The Handsome Collection is free on PS+ this month. 

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 04, 2019, 12:55:24 PM »
lol...I will get it.

But there is a certain amount of humor to that.

Ray Patean

• THAC0: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 04, 2019, 04:56:39 PM »
The Handsome Collection is also on Steam for $6.02 right now. I'm purchasing it tonight when I get home from work.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 04, 2019, 06:19:47 PM »
Well, hit either Darkness or me for tips if you need them.

And if you ever want to MP let me know.

Ray Patean

• THAC0: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 04, 2019, 06:50:54 PM »
You have it on PC? I'd love to MP with someone folks. I have the collection on Xbox, but it's easier for me to get onto the computer when the wife is watching TV.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 05, 2019, 09:50:46 AM »
I now have on PC and PS4.  BL3 I will have on PS4.