Author Topic: Borderlands Sanctuary  (Read 1529 times)

Lego

• Administrator
  • THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Borderlands Sanctuary
« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2018, 03:58:30 PM »
I have the first 2 on PS3 but haven't played them really. I need to get on that. It was just so bloody hard the one time I tried it.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2018, 04:03:09 PM »
I did see that.  However I need to do more presequel before I worry about extra levels added to the cap etc.  Plenty of content still to play.

Sssith

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2018, 05:12:40 PM »
Both games can be tough.  In the first it is really important to level as compared to the mission you're on. 

It the second one having the  right build and farming the right equipment will solve most of your problems.  The nice thing is that there almost always is something that you can farm that will help you progress.  It is really important to keep your gear up to the the level your are at.  There are certain weapons/equipment in the game that work while be under leveled, but it most cases you are better off with a white or green than using a blue or orange that is five or more levels to low.

I would also suggest starting with either Maya or Gaige as aim is generally easier with them.  The bad guys actual move and it can be tough to take them down as they move around.  Maya with Phaselock and Converge can get them to sit still for you to hit them.  Gaige with anarchy doesn't really have to aim at all.

syn

• Cookies: 9
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2018, 05:37:03 PM »
Big sale for Borderlands!  Come join the fun.

i got this (B2) a couple weeks ago after watching this thread for a while. base game, absolutely no idea what mods i should be thinking about. figured i'd play w/o for a while. playing Axton, just over lvl21 or 22. it's a departure from my usual stuff, but having fun for the most part even though i tend to die a lot.
"There is a scene in Star Wars where the heroes are in a trash compactor on the Death Star with the walls closing in. I'm reminded of that this morning, except for perhaps the stuff about the heroes."
Dan Rather 9/14/18

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2018, 06:42:52 PM »
Dying is pretty normal.  I have runs where I have died about ten times.  Generally means that your equipment is not good enough or you are under leveled, or your build is not right.

So most mini bosses generally have a drop that is legendary.  If they do, you have a 1 in 10 chance of having it drop when you run them.  I could probably point out a couple runs that would help get you gear.

Axton is a good general character.  Spec'd right he can make most guns work for you.

I would recommend a build like this:
http://bl2skills.com/commando.html#53020100005005010000005000000000

Let me know if you ever want get in a game together.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 10:22:56 AM by Sssith »

syn

• Cookies: 9
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2018, 06:52:09 PM »
absolutely no idea what mods i should be thinking about.

recommendations welcome, seeing as they're all on sale atm.
"There is a scene in Star Wars where the heroes are in a trash compactor on the Death Star with the walls closing in. I'm reminded of that this morning, except for perhaps the stuff about the heroes."
Dan Rather 9/14/18

Pixie

• Administrator
  • Cookies: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2018, 08:03:04 PM »
You can die in Borderlands 2? Git gud. :P

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2018, 08:12:50 PM »
They will  also be on sale at Xmas again too.

I avoided all cosmetic bs. Extra level packs are good. Tiny tuna is best. Pirate and hammerlock are ok

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2018, 09:53:34 PM »
Sorry I missed that.

The Captain Scarlet DLC has two of the best weapons in the game.
The Tiny Tina DLC is the best story DLC.  Adds real depth to some of the characters.  It also has some good loot.
Ultimate Vault Hunter Pack -- Gives access to UVHM mode raises the level cap to 61.
Ultimate Vault Hunter Pack -- Raises the level cap to 71 and gives access to OP levels (I have not done the OP levels yet)
Marcus Mercenary Day has a lootable boss that is great for leveling if you are in Ultra Vault Hunter Mode.

IMO those are the most important ones.  The two Packs I think are only available in separate packs.  I think you can buy Borderlands game of the year version and it will give you all the DLCs and the new characters.  I don't think it gives you the UVH Packs 1 & 2.

If you want to try to get some characters to 72 and experience the end game you need the packs.  If all you want to do is the best part of the story then I would only get the Tiny Tina DLC.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2018, 09:59:01 PM »
Holy crap.

Just buy the Handsome collection.  i think it fucking has everything for 10 bucks.  including the pre sequel. All for 10.97.

I was about to buy the presequel and it cost 11.99  by itself.  So for less money you get fucking everything.

I am kinda pissed as I had bought the game of the year edition not too long ago and I must I have missed that the handsome collection has everything cheaper.  F me.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2018, 02:51:30 PM »
Taking a break from BL2 to do The Pre Sequel (TPS).  Tried out Athena for a bit and now I am giving Nisha a bit of a whirl.  I am enjoying how quickly you can move across the battleground.  Not sure about all the jumping and slamming yet.  Character skills look interesting.  Still too early to tell how the whole thing will go.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 08, 2018, 04:08:12 PM »
I intend to go back to TPS at some point, some of those areas are just so dull, and if you aren't enjoying the story then its hard to push on, or have the energy to fire it up vs another game. 

And no, I don't think I'll bother farming stuff in it.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 08, 2018, 04:27:06 PM »
I am certainly going to finish at least one play through so I get the full story.  So far the change is scenery is nice.  Time will tell what I think of it.  Most people seem to prefer Bl2.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 08, 2018, 04:46:50 PM »
The Australian accents are painful on my ears. Not all but those ones are bad

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2018, 09:57:21 AM »
I am slowly developing a love hate relationship with The Pre-Sequel.  There are some mission that are just fantastic.  Great pacing, tough and fluid fights, with interesting environments.  There are other parts that are just flat out tedious.  And to Timmeh's point...Did all of Australia relocate to the Pandoran moon?  It seems to me that they went overboard with the Australian accents and colloquialism.  There have been several times when I have had no clue what is being said.

Another fun aspect of the game is you have a bunch of little seeds for things that happen in BL2.  That is actually really fun, but tough to give examples without spoiling some of the fun for those of you that might play it.

I have decided to stick with Nisha.  So far she really seems to kick ass, and I haven't even gotten to one of her main skills yet.