Author Topic: Borderlands Sanctuary  (Read 421 times)

Pixie

• Administrator
  • THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 13
    • View Profile
Re: Borderlands Sanctuary
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2018, 10:26:17 AM »
All Gaige, all the time. Choosing anyone else is just choosing to be inferior.

:D :D :D

Sssith

• Cookies: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2018, 02:10:41 PM »
I played Gaige the first time through.  I wish I still had that character.  She is a fun character but very weird.  Not sure how the lack of aiming would work in later difficulties.

Darkness

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2018, 04:42:22 AM »
I like the Veruc. Although it doesn't spawn with an elemental effect, it spews out a lot of lead and against large foes with multiple hitboxes it can do a lot of damage. It became my back-up weapon of choice in the Lair of Infinite bloody skeletons.

I got a Bee! I forgot to mention that. It dropped as a level 66 item, so I didn't get a chance to use it in the Lair. I dinged 66 just as I left the Lair, so I tested it with my lvl 65 Lyuda on Sir Tinder Snowflake. FASTEST. RUN. YET! I don't think I got through half my Lyuda's magazine before he dropped.

I decided to have a bit of a play with Salvadore in normal difficulty and see if it was worth doing Tinder Snowflake with him. Went into the DLC with him at lvl 15 (having just rescued Roland) and cleared through. Easily done and Snowflake was an easy enough kill (although I fried myself with my own grenades on the first attempt), made easier with the nice blue fire assault rifle I got as a drop. Although it isn't worth running him for drops (at that level both Tinder and the train provide mostly green stuff) it is a good source of XP and I'm tempted to powerlevel Salvadore that way, then speed run through the rest of Normal diff. Rinse repeat with TVHM.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2018, 09:12:16 AM »
Congrats on the bee.  It has made life a bit easier for me so I am sure you will enjoy.  I would love to get the blockade and one other shield but both require crystals.  So I will start trying to get those.

As for power leveling I am all for it.  I would love to get my characters into UVHM as quickly as possible.  Get them up level to 50 and then speed run through the two earlier modes.

At this point I have gotten my Hammerbuster and I am cleaning up some quests before I push on to finish the game with her.  At that point I might checkout leveling in OP.  Not sure.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2018, 09:49:22 AM »
Using only my hammer buster I went into Opportunity and lay waste to everything.  I was surprised by how effective that gun was.  I did die twice but more from my own carelessness.  I did the statue quest first which is a stupid idea because it drags you across the map.  At one point I can into Jack's body double and all his support so I was basically fighting two battles.  The other was just being stupid by running into an area that spawned stuff all around me, and I almost got out of that one.  Aside from that the hammer buster mopped up the crowd.  Part of it is that robots are easy to hit the critical spots, but the main part is that the gun just hits hard.  It is also super efficient with bullets.

Also went into normal mode and finished a bunch of achievements that were lacking.   Now in the main game the only ones left are blocked by multiplayer and the gunzerking and zero ones.

Lastly in Opportunity I ran into what looks like the corpse of Bloodwing.  WTF is it doing there?

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/945085691469881618/4F94186AA9B5E2B7BDB92F168737A8FA68955796/

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • Cookies: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2018, 06:17:36 PM »
Did you hear there is going to be a VR version of BL2? But only for Playstation .. and it costs $50 .. and only single player.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2018, 07:09:29 PM »
Yeah...I have heard about that.  They are changing the skills around to make it work.

I can only imagine that they are doing this as part of their ramp up for BL3.  At this point I am much more hopeful for BL3 than D4.  There have been several reports that BL3 is in the localization process and that it will come out some time next year.

Darkness

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2018, 03:15:47 AM »
Lastly in Opportunity I ran into what looks like the corpse of Bloodwing.  WTF is it doing there?

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/945085691469881618/4F94186AA9B5E2B7BDB92F168737A8FA68955796/

I've encountered this before. Not sure why its there but, on my first playthrough running into it in Opportunity was a bit of a shock and one I was surprisingly upset by. Fucking Jack.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2018, 09:42:29 AM »
I think I am going to have to kill Jack again.

Mordecai was my main BL1 character so I was not happy with what happened to Bloodwing.

Darkness

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2018, 10:51:24 AM »
Mordecai was my main BL1 character so I was not happy with what happened to Bloodwing.

Ditto!

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2018, 03:20:12 PM »
For me it was another moment of the bad guy trash talking and I wanted it to be over so I could get on with the gameplay. I didnt' really feel anything for bloodwing.  I was super happy when i met the slab king though ..

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2018, 10:49:50 AM »
So I did two things over the last couple of play throughs.  The first is that I farmed a bunch of Hammer Busters.  My goal was to find a Boss with a Jakob grip.  Mission failure.  I did learn that the Horse prefix is actually pretty damn good and I would argue the second best behind the Boss.  Horse gives you the extendened magazine and it goes from 13 to 25 (or something close to that).  That might not sound great but it is actually amazing.  With horse you are able to keep firing and generally clear what ever fight you are in before you can reload at your own pace.  Without it you are going to need to reload during the fight.  Huge difference.  I never did get a Jakobs grip and the one time I got the Boss prefix it was under leveled. 

So these are the variables for the weapon
  • Grip
  • Prefix -- I think this maps to the accessory that is on the weapon
  • Weapon Level
  • Stock
  • Sights -- don't really matter unless you are looking for a particular type of magnification

That is a lot of variables when hunting for a perfect weapon.  In the case of the Hammer Buster I was looking for Jakob grip, Boss (damage) prefix, level to match your current lever (72), Dahl stock, and I don't care about the sights.

The second thing I did was go to the caustic cavern.  I waited until I had the treasure map so I would only have to do this once.  Holy shit this was a tough area.  On the way there I decided to run Savage Lee for an Unkempt Harold as mine was under leveled.  Thank god I did as killing level 72 Crystalists was a huge F*ing pain in my ass.  I had maxed out my money at 99 million before going in.  By the time I was done I was down to 80. 

I still want to run the area for the Blockhead shotgun.  Not sure if I will because this would replace the Harold.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 10:51:59 AM by Sssith »

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2018, 02:27:14 PM »
I have finished up my Maya lvl 72 UVHM play through.  I gave a try to kill Teramorphous, and that was ridiculous, so I gave up.

I am going to take a small break from her.

I actually got going on Borderlands 1 with Brick.  Punching stuff is fun.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2018, 05:19:43 PM »
I actually got going on Borderlands 1 with Brick.  Punching stuff is fun.

Come into the light brother!

If you and Darkness could ever team up against those raid bosses you'd probably win.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2018, 06:48:22 PM »
I got to the safe house for BL1 and I am completely under leveled.  A bit frustrating, not sure if I will push through.  Need to see how to level up more, as I have done all the missions up to this point.