Author Topic: Borderlands Sanctuary  (Read 10969 times)

Sssith

• THAC0: 15
  • Cookies: 22
    • View Profile
Re: Borderlands Sanctuary
« Reply #330 on: September 20, 2020, 11:27:05 PM »
Axton is pretty fun.  I should finish him up.  Underrated.

I am absolutely rolling with Krieg right now. I am about to hit level 71 and I am using a Diesel Blue Com.  It shreds for melee Krieg.  I just mopped a whole area of the Sawtooth Cauldron with on rage following the next.  It was rather glorious.  Few things in BL as a whole are as fun as Melee/Bloodsplosion when everything clicks.  I have found all sorts of COMs just not the legendary Sickle.  I found a legendary Anarchist.  The game is telling me to go back to Gaige.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 24, 2020, 11:00:13 AM »
Jack. Dead. Head. Pike.

Melee Krieg had the easiest time of UVHM of all my characters. In terms ease for me it goes Krieg > Maya > Zero > Axton > Gaige (no experience with Salvador).  He is now level 74 and I am doing the Fight for Sanctuary DLC.  I will shortly spec into some HellBorn skills, which (when lit on fire), should give me even more damage reduction.  I am not sure how much longer I will play Krieg, but I will at least get him to 80.  Maybe all of the DLCs.  Overall Krieg has been pretty fun, though he is maddening at times.  A bunch of deaths from self damage, few things are as frustrating as when you hit yourself four times in a row.  Toughest enemies for him are Badass constructors, which a close second to fast moving Buzzards, and in third place was Krieg himself, and of course player stupidity (me) might have been his worst enemy.  I am glad I finally played him, I definitely recommend the experience.

mn4nu

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 24, 2020, 07:05:17 PM »
Haha, I liked your summary.  Congrats on finishing UVHM with him.  It makes me want to finish up my Krieg.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 29, 2020, 11:27:22 AM »
Just finished the Fight for Sanctuary DLC.  It is an interesting DLC on the home.  It hammers on the Lilith is not a good leader idea, which is somewhat central to the BL3 game.  It also goes heavy into the idea that Corporations, if given the latitude, will f* shit up.  This is a central theme to the whole Borderlands universe. You have to feel a little bit bad for Hector and his men, but Hector is a pretty big ahole in his own right.  It was fun taking him out.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 29, 2020, 07:05:02 PM »
Congrats on finishing it.  Now it's just level to 80 for you I suppose.  Hector is a tough fight.  I never killed him more than once with my characters.  I think the DLC is great because it has some nice items (the 2 grenades come to mind) and a really great boss farm in Uranus.  Uranus is a great for leveling too.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 30, 2020, 11:12:30 AM »
I just finished pounding Uranus (HA!).  I have hit level 80.  Second character to max level.  Technically third as Zero is at 72, but that is not max level any longer.  I am going to farm an on level Explosive Fastball and Harold.  After that I am off to Hammerlocks's DLC to get an on level Rough Rider.  Aside from that I really want a legendary Sickle.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 01, 2020, 10:27:46 AM »
I went back to three horns divide to get a level 80 explosive fastball and harold. On the second run I got my fastball. I took this as a sign that the BL gods were happy with me and that I would soon be done with this farm. Oh foolish mortal. It took forever for Lee to cough up a harold. When he finally coughed up a harold is was 3 levels below mine. WTF. The gods further mocked me by making in a Double Penetrating one. Thirty minutes later an on level Thrusting one drop that did less damage than my level 77 one. Combined with the fact that Krieg shouldn’t use a bladed weapon it was a junk drop. In the end I got one more to drop. This time a level 79 one. Again Double Penetrating. I figured that was good enough. I imagine that a regular 80 wouldn’t beat the damage of a Double Penetrating one. I generally prefer the Hard and Intense prefix but I am not going to complain with the damage. I find this all ironic because before Krieg I have never found a single Double Penetrating Harold. I have now found four.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 02, 2020, 10:33:05 PM »

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 05, 2020, 09:58:07 AM »
That is a really nice DPUKH.  Imagine if it had a matching grip.  And yes that is a lot more damage than my current one.