Author Topic: Borderlands Sanctuary  (Read 10343 times)

Sssith

• THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 22
    • View Profile
Re: Borderlands Sanctuary
« Reply #315 on: September 02, 2020, 12:07:26 PM »
Congratulations!  The Warrior is a tough fight.  Sometimes the pre-fight with Jack is tough too.  It's especially annoying if that drone that makes him invincible cannot be targeted.  Good luck in UVHM, don't forget the slag!

I completely forgot about that stupid drone.  And mid-rage it is hard to see straight. 

Slag is the tough thing with Krieg.  Ideally I would be using a Magic Missile but I have never found one of those.

In UVHM I have done the beginning quests including killing Midgemong.  I am next going to visit BOOM BOOM and the Captain.

mn4nu

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 02, 2020, 03:02:39 PM »
The main thing I didn't like about playing BL2 was having to go through the story 3 times.  Annoying as F$#%!

Maybe boom bewm will drop you a bonus package.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 02, 2020, 06:28:41 PM »
I need to get to the farm for a Harold and a Fastball.

Yeah.  I hated doing it three times.  Now you only need to do it twice and TVHM you can skip 90% of side quests.  Gotta love the boost.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 03, 2020, 10:42:11 AM »
Hey, just to let anyone know...if you have the BL2 Handsome collection on the Epic games store, you can get the Commander Lilith DLC for free until the end of the month (I think it's the end of the month).  Epic gave away the Handsome collection for free earlier this year too.  I know a lot of you guys hate Epic, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

https://www.pcgamer.com/borderlands-2s-commander-lilith-dlc-is-free-on-epic/

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 03, 2020, 11:19:49 AM »
It is a fun DLC that they gave away for free when it first came out.  Free is good.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 07, 2020, 05:27:56 PM »
Took my Krieg to visit Frosty and I abused him for awhile. At the end of it all, I am now close to level 58 and I have once again saved Roland. Bloodsplosion is a bit of a revelation, and overall it can be pretty loltastic. It is a pretty joyful occasion when a chain of explosions procs and everything in the room just ends up dead. Fastballs are pretty awesome in this scenario. I think I will next be off to abuse some varkids with an injector and more splosions.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 07, 2020, 08:59:10 PM »
Keep up the good work.  Are you going to take him to lvl 80?

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 08, 2020, 10:11:17 AM »
I think I will.  So long as I don't get tired of the melee/splosions.  I will be taking a break to do the new DLC which I think comes out this week.

Overall Bl2 is a much tougher game than Bl3, sometimes in a good way others not so much.  I hate how the bad guys run away when you go into FFYL.  On the other hand it is refreshing to kill something and not have a legendary pop out.  You have to work to find the gear that you need.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 10, 2020, 10:40:34 AM »
So I just hit level 60 while farming Savage Lee.  The Harold I had was 5 levels under mine so I figured it was time.  My reward was my first Double Penetrating Harold I am pretty happy about that, it would have been nicer at max level but you take what you are given.  Along the way I was also farming Bol and I got my explosive fastball.  Also picked up an electric and corrosive.  All in all a very successful period of farming.

Questing wise it is time to head to the fridge which means it is almost time to deal with Rabid Stakers.  The new gun should help with those stupid things.

The only irony in finding the new weapon now is that I will be heading back to BL3 for the new DLC.  I hope it lives up to my hopes.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 10, 2020, 01:06:59 PM »
DPUHs are awesome.  Congrats!  Rabid stalkers suck.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 14, 2020, 12:43:15 PM »
I am back to playing Krieg.  He has hit level 65 and I think I am going to head into Lynchwood --> Fridge --> Wildlife Preserve.  Along the way I found a Legendary Torch which is ridiculous since I am doing melee (mania/bloodsplosion).  Almost any other legendary COM would have had a use.  Not that one.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 17, 2020, 03:17:03 PM »
I have now hit level 67 and I just refarmed my fastball and harold.  I went to Thousand cuts and I was dying too much.  I have to say that I was not a huge fan of the double penetrating harold.  The bullet spread was much greater than a normal one.  Might have something to do with the parts but I found that most of the pellets where wasted as it spread out too much.  I can't wait until level 68 as I get to use a Rough Rider that I had laying around.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 17, 2020, 03:46:52 PM »
That side quest in Thousand Cuts to protect the weapon shipment can be super hard sometimes.  I always liked doing that one though.   Oh, and Face McShooty is there too.  Yay!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 03:48:30 PM by mn4nu »

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 18, 2020, 10:04:44 AM »
I HATE that quest.  Generally, I hate any of the protect 'x' in order to complete the quests.  Right now my most important pieces of equipment are the Slagga and Explosive fastball.  When I am not rampaging I am busing trying to get things slagged and trying to make things explode.  I am enjoying Krieg as a whole.  I think BL3 trained me well for Krieg.  In BL3 there are so many effects that you often can't see the enemy.  Learning to deal with that has helped with Krieg as he has the same problem.  Honestly, it is a crappy problem to have to deal with.  At least in Krieg's case, it was story/character-driven.  He is not going to overtake Maya as my favorite VH, but he has been pretty fun.  I should be able to get him to 80.  Maya is 80-OP3.  Zero is 72.  I have Axton and Gaige in UVHM.  After I get him to the end I might go back to Axton and Gaige.   Gaige, I just couldn't get over the beginning hump of UVHM.  I also don't like anarchy.  Too annoying worrying about not reloading.  If I really feel crazy I might have to try Salvador.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 10:09:55 AM by Sssith »

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 19, 2020, 07:43:47 AM »
Sounds like you are making good progress with Krieg.  I used a slagga in one of my slots for practically every character.  It's super easy to farm, and I never found a magic missile. 

You will change your mind about Gaige if you get her to lvl 80, full anarchy stacks, and a good fibber plus bee shield.  I'm not sure who my favorite BL2 character is.  I liked things about all of the 4 that I played.  I still need to finish up Krieg sometime.  I never even bothered with Salvador or Axton.  Maybe someday.