Author Topic: Borderlands Sanctuary  (Read 9258 times)

mn4nu

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 23
    • View Profile
Re: Borderlands Sanctuary
« Reply #300 on: April 17, 2020, 04:16:26 PM »
I am playing Mordecai right now.  Tim, I promise you I will play Brick too.

Sssith

• THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 19, 2020, 01:03:37 PM »
Woo Hoo!

Mordy rules!

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 24, 2020, 01:08:38 PM »
Steam has Borderlands 3 on sale for 50% off again, this time through May 7.  I think they are trying to tell me something.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 24, 2020, 01:49:38 PM »
Yes. Ignore it and play borderlands  for right now. It was only 45% recently. You will get it soon enough and play it and enjoy it

Not long till base game is 55-60% off based on previous sales discount frequencies.

Dlc will remain full price probably

Edit: see here https://isthereanydeal.com/game/borderlandsiii/history/
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 01:52:31 PM by Timinator »

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 24, 2020, 02:55:46 PM »
The reason it went on sale is that they just released Mayhem Mode 2.0 and have a seasonal event going on.

Mayhem Mode 2.0 is supposed to revamp the end game.  Introducing something similar to Overpowered Levels that BL2 had.  It also has other mechanics that I am less familiar with.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 25, 2020, 09:28:03 PM »
Mn4nu: Congratulations on finishing BL1!  Even if in some ways I found it played not quite the same as the first. 

Anyway, apart from DLC, here are some thoughts for things you can do with either the other characters, or your Mordecai:

1) Did you know if you jump on the head of an enemy you do damage?  If you kill one this way you get an achievement! Kind a bit of a laugh, best done at the start of the game as you break in the skull of a skag
2) 12 days of Pandora.  Obviously you have a favourite way of hurting baddies.  See what is missing.  I think in the challenges you'll see whats not done.
12 Combat Rifle kills
11 Pistol kills
10 Shotgun kills
9 SMG kills
8 Sniper Rifle kills
7 Melee kills
6 Critical hit kills
5 Explosive kills
4 Shock kills
3 Incendiary kills
2 Faces melted
1 Grenade kill

3)Speedy McSpeederton
Raced around the Ludicrous Speedway in record time.  This is that area in the second sort of area before you get to the 2nd big town.  Its quite easy to do, just use your boost on the straights.
4) Get to levels 40 and 50.  If you spend a fraction of the 1000 hours you've spent in other things, this will be a matter of time ;) DLC can get you to 40.  There is also the new game+ thing too.  Also later achievements for higher levels as part of the DLC
5)You're on a boat!
I bet you never thought you'd be here.  This one is a fun easter egg.  Doesnt' take long at all and you can either go there, or through a next playthrough https://borderlands.fandom.com/wiki/You%27re_on_a_boat!
6) Get the other characters till at least level 5
7) I or someone else could help with a few MP achievements if you want, most are quick

Finally when you've done almost everything there is the ONE and ONLY raid boss as part of the General Knoxx DLC, Good to leave that till last after story content :)

You've got a few cool things ahead of you.  Also some dumb grinds if you choose (claptrap DLC)

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 26, 2020, 08:42:43 AM »
Thanks for the tips Tim.  I will see how many of those I can get.  Playing through all of BL1 helped clear up some of the story connections to BL2.  I found that interesting.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 27, 2020, 05:22:27 PM »
Sssithy brought up an interesting point in the BL3 around personalities.  There seems to be 3 sides that I see.  What we see in the cutscenes, strengths/weaknesses etc, 100% controlled by Gearbox.  In game speech that pops up, more boasts or trash talk after killing.  You don't control what is said, but perhaps your ability determines when things will happen.

Finally your in game actions.  You could be shown to be the most powerful warrior ever, but if you can't aim your mouse, or walk into a level over your level, you'll die and there is that disconnect from what was advertised vs what you are seeing.

I didn't really care about the personalities too much myself, just picking what seems like fun to play (Hello Claptrap).   Sometimes seeing someone you've played after in a cutscene or as an NPC just seems to break immersion for me.  Eg in Borderlands 2, Brick's reveal I was excited, but also thinking .. wait why are you doing that?  Then when you played and he was helping as an NPC in combat, it just seemed that if it was Borderlands 1, and I had another human controlling Brick that the experience would be different (and better).   RIP to all Roland fans. 

I'm curious what others think of personalities. How important is it? or its just something in the background?

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 28, 2020, 01:09:06 PM »
I think the personalities add to the and rarely detract.  In BL2 the vault hunters don't talk too much and so it is pretty vanilla.  The main exceptions are Krieg and Gaige.  They were a huge success and people enjoyed the things that they said during game play.  Maya on the other had was a really bland and uninteresting character in that way.  Did stop her from becoming my favorite vault hunter.  On the flip side is Amara, who does talk a lot as all BL3 characters do.  And for the most part I find her cringy.  It doesn't stop me from playing her but she is my least favorite because of that.

In Dragon Age: Inquisition the banter between the characters was extremely important.  They actually had to patch the game to increase the talking between characters.  I just think the personalities, when done well, increase the immersion into the game and make it more enjoyable.  I really like Moze and her attitude.  Zane is goofy in a good way.  Just as Fl4k is blood thirsty in a good way.  All add to the game.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 28, 2020, 03:30:03 PM »
Borderlands Handsome Collection is free on the Epic Games Store for a week.  That's a hell of a deal.

https://www.pcgamer.com/borderlands-free/

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 28, 2020, 06:47:11 PM »
The cost is installing Epic.

Though that is a lot of content for free, even if it is old at this point.