Author Topic: Borderlands Sanctuary  (Read 5772 times)

Sssith

• THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 20
    • View Profile
Re: Borderlands Sanctuary
« Reply #225 on: August 27, 2019, 11:47:05 AM »
IMO beginning of UVHM is the toughest part of the game.  Getting past Flint is the first major gate to becoming effective as that opens areas to farm.  You might try heading to Mercenary Day to kill the phat snowman.  The train is a great way to improve your equipment.

Ray Patean

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 28, 2019, 11:20:46 AM »
I got Axton into Sanctuary, and opened up the farms for Savage Lee and Boll. I have a level 49 DPUH that I saved from Maya, but I could really use a Fastball grenade from Boll.

I also loaded up Maya in TVHM to try and farm a Sham shield from Bunker, but I'm not having any luck yet. The goal with that will be to get a Sham and pair it with Norfleet from the VIP program on my Gaige to blast the shit out of stuff and progress her a bit. Maybe I'll get lucky tonight!

...and then find a Fastball!

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 28, 2019, 02:14:29 PM »
If I was still playing BL2 I would want a Norfleet from the VIP program also.  At this point I am just gearing up for BL3.  I have two builds planned out, though I imagine reality will come calling when I see how they actually play.   The point being that Norfleet is, by all accounts, lol-tastic.

Ray Patean

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 03, 2019, 11:01:52 AM »
So, I shelved Axton and brought Gaige back out. I am playing more defensively with her right now - using a Fibber and Bee combo and shooting from more mid-range distance or around corners and it's working really well. Then, as my stacks add up, I get more aggressive and use a DPUH to wreck up closer.

I'm level 59 right now, and progressing nicely. I met a kind person on Discord who gave/duped a level 63 Sham for me, so I'm just trying to get to that and then I'll go farm Pyro Pete's bar for exp.

I also just bought a new copy of Tales From the Borderlands on eBay that arrived this morning, so I'm going to try and get through that before BL3 launches to get the backstory from that game. Should be a busy week!

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 03, 2019, 11:16:40 AM »
Tales is an excellent game.  I played it a long while ago but this summer I found a youtube channel that had a full play through.  So I watched that to get back up to date.

Really good idea about Gaige with a Fibber.

Less than two weeks.

Ray Patean

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 03, 2019, 11:43:41 AM »
I read somewhere that a lower level Fibber could still be effective in UVHM as long as you have a Bee that's close to being on-level. I'm level 59 using a 49 slag Fibber and it's still doing work with my 57 Bee shield.

I'm impressed.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 03, 2019, 11:47:50 AM »
There are a couple different types of Fibbers, if I remember correctly.  I assume you are using the ricochet version.  I have heard that Gaige and that type of fibber can hit things you can't even see.  Pretty loltastic.

Ray Patean

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 03, 2019, 01:36:06 PM »
Yeah, I have one that ricochets. I aim at the ground, or a wall, or any solid object that'll bounce the bullets. It's fantastic! And since mine has slag on it, I don't even need to swap weapons - the Bee boosts the damage of each pellet (8 or 9 pellets) and it's plenty to kill enemies quickly. It hasn't been good on bosses - Tinder Snowflake and Uranus needed my DPUH to kill them. I'm 1 level away from getting a Toothpick that I got on Maya so that'll help destroy the snowman to farm him for a bit.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 04, 2019, 06:42:53 PM »
I finished Borderlands 1 enhanced last night.  I vaguley remembered what I did 8 yeas ago and mostly stood behind some cover popping off shots, then got bored, ran in and just punched it.  Did the twice and finished off the boss!  Got to get the quest reward then onto the DLC and their various grinds.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 05, 2019, 10:53:18 AM »
Nice.  You are not alone in liking BL1 more than 2.  The official forums still have plenty of people who post there.  The only character that I did not play through was Roland.

mn4nu

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 21, 2019, 08:07:52 AM »
I'm still playing this game a lot and really enjoying it.  I have 3 characters...65 Zero, 51 Gaige, 46 Maya. Currently getting close to the end of TVHM with Maya.  I want to get all 6 characters through TVHM eventually.  I reread this entire thread last night.  It makes so much more sense now, what you all were talking about, as I read it with the experience of playing the game.  Lots of good info in here, so thanks to everyone who posted for that.

I think I will get BL3 when it comes out on Steam next year. 

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 23, 2019, 09:53:10 AM »
Glad you are enjoying the game and that the stuff that Darkness and I, for the most part, said makes sense.  Tough to explain without the context.

It will be the achievement if you get all six though TVHM.  I would be interested at the end of that if you have a favorite.  So characters, I think Kreig, though I am not sure since I only got him to TVHM, only really shine at higher levels.  Gunzerker is the only one I have not gotten to TVHM.

mn4nu

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 23, 2019, 09:48:12 PM »
Got Maya, currently lvl 55, into UVHM and she just destroys things with Ruin and Cloud Kill.  I don't even have to slag things that much since Ruin does it for me.  I ran the snowman a lot for a few levels and found some good things.  I even got a Bee shield from the train car.  That really helps with killing things.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 24, 2019, 10:35:39 AM »
Bee from the train is a really nice find.  Now you just need the Sandhawk and the Cat COM and you will have one of the builds that destroys things.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 29, 2019, 03:28:47 PM »
Basically finished Borderlands 1 Enhanced now, after the main game I did all the Zombie DLC (didn't need to), then claptrap DLC, I had to do the collect part achievement, but 3 of the grind for random things I left off.  Last night I finished the regular General Knoxx missions and the easter egg stuff. 

I then imported my original characters to give me certain achievements that could qualfy that i didn't want to redo (claptrap grinds and ALL the coliseum stuff), hitting levels 50,51,61 and finishing all DLC3 missions. Although the only one I was missing was Crawmerax.

So just 4 achievements left, 3 are coop and crawmerax.  Will see if I can do it with my level 69 brick :)

I don't think I'll be heading to the pre sequel next, maybe some other games for a bit.