Author Topic: Borderlands Sanctuary  (Read 2473 times)

Darkness

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Borderlands Sanctuary
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2018, 03:24:47 AM »
Well I got my Bone of the Ancients.  Now I need to figure out where to stash all these relics.

Grats! Relic mule I guess. Shame there is no quick way to create mules in BL2. It is a little bit of a hike to Sanctuary to get to Claptraps item transfer.

I managed to get through the Mines of Avarice last night. After an initial tricky start with the Orcs, who I do not like, the rest of the level was a doddle. Even the Badass Iron Golem's seemed to drop pretty swiftly. The Reruc assault rifle was a big help and I wouldn't mind a higher lvl one of those now.

Sssith

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2018, 09:56:05 AM »
I have an Axton and Sav in progress to Sanctuary.  Sav just killed flint.  When I killed boom boom I got the unique grenade mod called Bonus Package.  Thank goodness as killing Flint at that level is actually hard. 

Need to twink some gear off.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2018, 03:38:26 PM »
I wonder if Doc Tenshi ever played this game ..

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2018, 04:53:35 PM »
Who knows if he is even gaming these days.  Anyone in contact with him?

Far as I remember he never really was a member here.

Darkness

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2018, 03:56:27 AM »
He's on Facebook but, he's busy with lots of amazing RL stuff rather than gaming. D-Girl still plays BL2 from time to time.

I did Gettle and Mobbly farming last night as I hit level 64 and my Lyuda's + Reruc were getting underlevelled. I had a few lvl 65 Lyuda's and Reruc's drop and in the course of trying to get lvl 64 items I reached lvl 65, so I stopped at that point. Getting a lvl 64 Reruc drop on the run where I dinged 65.

I've banked all the weapons, as I figure they'll be useful to Salvador, Axton and maybe Kreig at some point. Salvador dual wielding them is going to be a lot of lead flying around.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2018, 09:45:03 AM »
So I just about have Axton to Sanctuary.  Between him and Sal I think I felt more comfortable with Axton.  I probably haven't figured out Gunzerking yet.

I have to say that I miss Maya's Phaselock.  You have so much more control of the action with it.  I think it also made me a bit lazy with aiming.

Darkness

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2018, 05:09:54 AM »
I have to say that I miss Maya's Phaselock.  You have so much more control of the action with it.  I think it also made me a bit lazy with aiming.

Have only just started with Maya but, having obtained her phaselock it does strike me as one of the more powerful abilities, especially at the start of the game.

Being charged down by a Badass Psycho? Not anymore!

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2018, 12:10:19 AM »
So I just finished getting one of each character to Sanctuary.  Of them all I really didn't get Salvador and gunzerking. Krieg seems like a lot of fun, though it is tough to see what is going on when you do the action skill.

Muled all the stuff off of Maya and then finished Bloodwing off.

On the way I got this from some random robot. 

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/945085057574757189/8C7E837446D93E7F864909AE8D7EB4EE3773D035/

Now to move on to finishing the story with Maya.

Oh...and for what it is worth the Bone of the Ancients was absolutely worth the time to farm.

Have only just started with Maya but, having obtained her phaselock it does strike me as one of the more powerful abilities, especially at the start of the game.

Just wait until you get converge and cloud kill.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 12:12:00 AM by Sssith »

Darkness

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2018, 05:39:29 AM »
On the way I got this from some random robot. 

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/945085057574757189/8C7E837446D93E7F864909AE8D7EB4EE3773D035/

Grats!

I cleared my way through the Lair of Infinity Agony last night. That zone is very aptly named. Fuck Skeletal Mages!

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2018, 10:36:22 AM »
I also hate just plain old Skelly Archers.  Damn they hit hard.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2018, 02:58:16 PM »
Salvador with 2 good guns and long gunzerking is good, I can tell you that.  I did the game with Krieg, for a while I did that skill where there is a chance you put your axe into your own head .. however other skills are better.  I still miss Brick.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2018, 08:38:23 PM »
Brick is another character that I couldn't get into.  Sometimes it is like that.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2018, 11:38:43 PM »
When the machine guns, shotguns and rocketlaunchers aren't doing enough damage, put them away and just start punching things and do BETTER damage :D  what more is there to understand lol.   Its just so stupid it becomes fun.

going back to a serious character after was hard.

Darkness

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2018, 03:12:58 AM »
Melee Zero, Melee Krieg are both good fun, albeit somewhat challenging.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2018, 09:54:36 AM »
I was doing Dust runs.  Trying to pickup a Hammerbuster.  I would start with Bug Gulch, hoping for some tubbies.  I moved  on to see if the Black Queen spawned.  Kill the two idiots by the church.  Jump down and go to McNally for the Hammerbuster.

Sadly no Hammerbuster.  I did get a Veruc from one of the idiots by the church.  Black Queen spawned a couple times but she did not drop the bazooka that I was looking for.  I got three tubbies and the best drop from them was a Legendary Ninja.

Then I moved on a cleared out Lynchwood, including putting the Sheriff down while using a pistol.  YEEEEHAW!  That whole area is a tough fight at level 72 but my build held up just fine.

I think I will go back to running McNally.  I think this time I just kill him and nothing else. I really want the Hammerbuster, it works as a poor man's Bekah.