Author Topic: Borderlands 3  (Read 1433 times)

Sssith

• THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 18
    • View Profile
Re: Borderlands 3
« Reply #120 on: October 09, 2019, 10:40:28 AM »
Just played a mission that is an homage to Lord of the Rings.  I will not say more, other than I loved it.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 16, 2019, 09:57:20 AM »
Finished my first play through.  Overall the game is really good.  The missions as a whole are better and less annoying than BL2.  That said BL2 had more quirky memorable missions.  Guns are awesome in BL3, better than in the previous games.  Character builds seems to be a work in progress at this point.  The game is significantly bigger than any of the previous games.  I almost finished at max level through one play through.  I personally like that, though I imagine some people will prefer the old way.  The game has something like paragon levels once you get through the first play through.  And something called Mayhem Mode.  I haven't bothered to figure those out yet.

As for the story it is solid.  There is one thing, a big thing, that happened in the game that I did not like and I need to experience it again to better understand if it makes sense in the bigger picture.  Despite that I thought the story was really good.  That said nothing is going to compare to Handsome Jack as a main bad guy.  The new bad guys, The Twins, are good antagonists but they don't compare to Handsome Jack.  I don't see that as a fault of the game, rather it is acknowledging how good a bad guy Handsome Jack is.

Overall I think the game is a fun time and well worth playing.  Now I need to decide if I am going to try to max out Moze or if I am going to play through other characters.  Right now I am leaning toward a Fl4k play through.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 16, 2019, 03:59:52 PM »
Screenshots from the game: https://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/photo-mode-photos/3634499

Not mine. It contains spoilers.  Places you go, people you will meet, hints of things.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 17, 2019, 03:33:41 AM »
Bl3 honest trailer https://youtu.be/unLxxWMy5v4

Ray Patean

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 18, 2019, 10:23:01 AM »
I got up to level 32 last night, and have been skipping a lot of side quests. I feel like I'm getting close to the end of the main story but I don't really know. I'm having a lot of fun though! I'll probably go back and do the side quests after, and before starting TVHM.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 18, 2019, 10:41:42 AM »
The game is longer than you might expect.  Though I think that level is a more normal place for the story to end.  I started a Fl4k play through instead of going into TVHM.