Author Topic: General gaming chatter  (Read 44056 times)

Pixie

• Administrator
  • THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 17
    • View Profile
Re: General gaming chatter
« Reply #555 on: May 26, 2019, 09:33:23 AM »
Path of Exile is poop on a stick.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: May 26, 2019, 06:48:59 PM »
You know, I figured Path of Exile would be more popular here, amidst a bunch of D2 players.

Quite a lot has changed for me between the heyday years of D2 and now with PoE. 
Then:
no job, no kids, girlfriend for only part of that, and mostly long distance.  With my study which I failed a few things and didn't try to hard, I had a LOT of D2 time.  Also this was in the days before Steam.  There were other games to fight for attention, but less shiny things.

These days.
Full time job, 2 kids, wife who I discovered isn't a big fan if I game too much vs the time I spend with her.  i'm also currently doing some study again.  Oh and Steam, it says I currently have 762 products in my library, even if you say half is stuff I won't play, thats a lot of competition for my gaming time.

And its from my country which is cool.  I really do want to give it a try, but its partly why I haven't played Grim Dawn, even Torchlight 2 back in its day.  I'd want a good 100 or more hours to do it properly.  Thats a big ask.

If PoE had released back then, I'm sure I'd play it to death.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: May 26, 2019, 06:57:15 PM »
Different topic: While Epic is banning people's accounts for trying to use it, Steam comes up with a small 4 day event to remind us of the history we all have with them in their "Spring Clean" event. 

1) Give people access to certain games free for the weekend
2) A nice meta event with a badge/items available for little effort.  Something many people enjoy and of course Epic won't have for a while (shit they don't even have a proper shopping basket)
3) A reminder of games you have in your account that you might have forgotten about, some of the suggestions I had fun firing up