Author Topic: My plans for a weekend of gaming  (Read 351 times)

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 12
    • View Profile
Re: My plans for a weekend of gaming
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2018, 08:49:50 AM »
finished GTA3 story, have 2 things before I have 100% completion, a tough off road challenge.  I have forgotten what I used to do, so relying on youtube.  Also trying to get a tank off the army guys was always hard and needed luck

those last 2 things were annoying so started up vice city to let me tick some shit off.  going back to nothing and tutorial missions does kinda suck though after rocket launchers and sniper rifles

Sssith

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2018, 12:27:46 PM »
Nicely done!

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2018, 09:01:23 PM »
Don't forget about all the D2 characters you have to finish up! :P

Haven't forgotten, but I'll only play it when there is excitement, otherwise it just seems like work and I will be put off it for a long time!

Daylight savings meant I lost an hour of the weekend.  Also I put on a chicken to roast at 190 degrees C.  2 hours later I come back and found it was actually at 100, not 190 .. woops.

I didn't go back to those GTA3 things yet, I'm sure the offroad challenge is just a few attempts away, learning the fine points of "its ok to drive here" and "NEVER drive on that".  Tank would just be a few attempts, and not giving up as I die a lot to M4 machine gun fire.  I had one the other day, but threw too many molotovs and blew it up!

I got the Vice City credits to roll before I went to bed on Sunday night.  I think I was up to 57%.  Some of what is left is fairly straight foward stuff I just haven't got to, some of it I am dreading.  I copied and pasted a list to a google doc and deleting stuff as I go.  Tonight I'll try to go from 2 pages down to 1.

I went to fire up San Andreas to do the first mission and save, but it had weird graphics glitches .. looks like others have had that but can solve it.

I've been thinking that part of my slowness compared to some of the times I saw was some of the tactics other use.  There are some weird things about "duplicating missions" which means you do something simple twice and skip something hard.  That just seems wrong to me.  Also weird glitches I don't agree with and won't use.

After all this stuff I should go back and get GTA V to 100%.  It may well be the last GTA in SP at this rate!

EDIT: Just read for GTA 3, I can get a tank parked and unlocked since i've done the final story mission! No dealing with the FBI and army! woot.  so I'll do that as soon as I'm home, ... then work on climbing that hill!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 10:48:05 PM by Timinator »

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2018, 12:30:10 AM »
I'm now super annoyed with myself.  For some reason GTA3 in the menus is hard to see, sometimes you can't see what you are doing.  I was mucking around going into a menu, done one to load etc etc .. it wasn't working.  What actually happened was I

DELETED MY SAVE FILE AT 94%

GAAAAA

Googled, others in this same situation are also screwed, at least I know i've done 100% of it a few times in the past but this burns ..

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2018, 12:39:07 AM »
well now I now the naming structure, i found i had a saved file at 100% from 2002.  I loaded it and did one of my last 2 things.

Oh and I just backed the hell up of my GTA VC file just in case.. menus work there at least  :'(

Sssith

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2018, 10:08:11 AM »
Sorry.

Damn that sucks.  Crappy way to end the weekend.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2018, 05:59:24 PM »
Last night I got 100% in Vice City again.  I was thinking I must have stuffed something up, it said I only had the unique jumps left but had about 20% missing.  But the % kept climbing and got the rewards after the last one.  I had a few where I'd done 4 jumps and wasn't sure exactly which ..  I'd do a jump attempt and think to myself .. was that one of the 4?  But not as painful as an experience in 2003 where I did all of them before I worked out which was the missing one!

Vice City looks like its on drugs .. common problem but can't be bothered downloading and configuring things to fix it yet. 
I've also thought about doing GTA1.  Back in the day (90s) I got to the 5th of the 6 cities/missions.  It would be nice to say I've done those.