Author Topic: Fucking computers ...  (Read 263 times)

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 12
    • View Profile
Re: Fucking computers ...
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2018, 09:31:33 PM »
Yeah, I wanted to swear and rant/vent.  That helped me feel better and get my computer going.  The fact we got the forum boss to drop the "Sigilstun" loot was pretty cool.  Then we got the bonus of game discussion.

You guys need to tell me something, where do i go to find out who the easy bosses/farms are?  Does it say odds?  Does it say where/how? I honestly can't remember if i feel like trying it.

Darkness

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2018, 04:02:13 AM »
You guys need to tell me something, where do i go to find out who the easy bosses/farms are?  Does it say odds?  Does it say where/how? I honestly can't remember if i feel like trying it.

I don't know if there is a simple easy guide out there. I've been watching Vinylicpuma gaming vids on youtube which have been a great source of information. Otherwise its a case of looking up the items you want on the wikis, some of which contain straightforward guides to farming them. Also worth noting that some of the best items in the game (like the Pimpernel sniper rifle or Sandhawk SMG) come from quest rewards. Now these can be irritating, because the quest rewards still have a random element to them and you might not get the item you want and you have to play through the game again to unlock the quest to get the reward. My approach to this is to soft reset saves -back-up the save before turning the quest in, then turn in quest, get item, mule or sell item and then restore to the backed up save and try again.

However, for easy farms I would say.

Sir Tinder Snowflake - boss at the end of Marcus Mercenary day. Relatively easy to kill with a bit of practice. Boss drops relatively little and the real reward is in the chests on the train which comes into town afterwards. The chest often contain legendaries alongside good purple or e-tech gear.  The chests have the largest loot-tables in the game and can spawn the majority of the games items. With the right gear (fire weapons) and practice, this farm can be done inside of 5mins.

Lyuda - One of the games best Sniper rifles. This farm can be unlocked after completing "the Good, The Bad, The Mordecai" quest in the Dust. The quest mobs still spawn after the quest is completed and one of them, Gettle, drops the Lyuda. Again can be done inside of 5mins. I would say I get the legendary drop 1 in 5 runs.

Fastball - One of the better grenade mods. Drops from Boll during the "in Memorium" quest. Don't turn the quest in, just keep farming Boll. Doable inside of 5minutes.

Wattle Gobbler - Boss at the end of the Horrible Hunger of the Wattle Gobbler DLC - considered somewhat inferior to Sir Tinder Snowflake for drops from the chests afterwards but, easier to kill.

The Bee - One of the better shields in the game. As Ssith said, get the Tree Hugger quest in the Tiny Tina DLC. Don't complete it. Keep farming the quest targets for the shield.

Magic Missile - One of the better grenade mods - farm wizards in the the Tiny Tina DLC in Murderlins Temple Arena.

Unkempt Harold - One of the best pistols and weapons in the game. Drops from Savage Lee in Three Horns divide. Quick farm to do but, not sure what the drop rate is like.

If Sssith can add his suggestions, we can try to assemble a more comprehensive list in a separate post.

Sssith

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2018, 10:20:48 AM »
There are a shit ton of good weapons out there to be farmed.  Most dropping targets now have a 1 in 10 to drop good stuff.  It took me about an hour for me to farm my unkempt harold, which was a bit on the slow side.  The first boss in the game, Knuckledragger, drops a pretty good target.  Frostburn caynon has Scorn for Hellfire SMG, it has the Lacsaux SMG which rocks (no need to run this one it is always there and it is possible to spawn multiple in a multi-player game), you have the Pyrohobia from Incinerator Clayton, and the Negotiator Shield drops from some psycho apparently.  I didn't know about that last one.  Not to mention a quest reward for Shield of the Firehawk.  Which hasn't been useful for me but is an end game shield for some.  All that is in one area.

It would take to long to tell you about all the easy targets.  It is better to figure out the type of weapon you want and see what would make a good target to go after.  Simple example you are Maya needing fire damage.  Well generall SMGs are good so go after Hellfire, or Sandhawk fire version.

The resource to look for is: https://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/borderlands-2-o-t-d-h-loot-maps/38103  That is an amazing resource.

I have to think that most people here don't realize how rich the loot system is in BL2.  Each gun has multiple parts: barrel, stock, grip, accessory, sights, body.  Having different ones means something different for the gun.  Same think applies to shields.  So trying to farm for the perfect harold is really tough.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=214863853

I could go on.

If we get more people to play it would be fun to mp with you guys.  Though MP is always tough for me.

Darkness

• Cookies: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2018, 10:28:30 AM »
OMG - those loot maps are an amazing resource!

I was thinking that MP would be fun for loot farming and would make going after raid bosses a little more practical. My overall goal is to reach the point where soloing raid bosses at level 72 is feasible and farmable, as opposed to being a painful drawn out process. But, I'd be happy to hook up some time, should any such time through the wonders of different timezones make doing MP practical.

Also, the ease of farming depends on character class as well. Zer0 is good for some bosses because of his 'god-bore' (Hyperious, BNK3R) whereas Salvador is a solid all-rounder and probably the easiest character to do farming with as with the right build he can a) heal himself by doing damage (which can be increased through Moxxi gear) and b) replenish his ammo supply.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 10:33:56 AM by Darkness »

Sssith

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2018, 11:09:24 AM »
Taking on the end bosses sounds like a fun idea.  My build is pretty nursey and with a minor tweak my Maya would be fully ready for MP.  I have mine set up so that I am my own best Moxxie gun.  My solo build is going to be this when complete:

http://bl2skills.com/siren.html#515001300035055005214550510501

My MP build would be:
http://bl2skills.com/siren.html#515001300015155105214550510501

If I were MPing a lot I would just leave it on the second.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2018, 12:26:23 PM »
I'm very glad my topic has got you guys sharing knowledge and helping each other out :)

This community is greater than the sum of its parts :)

Lego

• Administrator
  • Cookies: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2018, 06:05:44 PM »
I managed to mangle my MacBook. Mohave just released, so I figured I'd do a clean install. Installer gets almost all the way through, then tells me update can't be installed. Of course, that's long after it's formatted the disks. Tried it twice now and both times the installer crashes with the same message. Currently running Linux Mint on it just to have something on it.

Why? Because I'm too manly for backups lol