Author Topic: Fucking computers ...  (Read 369 times)

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 12
    • View Profile
Fucking computers ...
« on: September 26, 2018, 06:34:07 AM »
This year hasn't been good in a number of ways, but just in terms of computer stuff, something was going horribly wrong, i had to spend a bit of time, ended up reinstalling Windows 7, going back to 10 and not quite doing it right and had some dramas there.

after the steam sale, my RAM had some issues, some months later i finally try to fix it, and the physical switch that tells the computer to turn on, came out of the wires that go to the motherboard .. fuck

anyway, i see someone had a good idea, swap the reset and power jumpers on the MOBO, that did it, then an hour or so fluffing around in RAM, not understanding channels etc. I see this MEMOK thing, that gets it to go.

now its after boot media .. grr

i just want to play some fucking games, and not on a 12 year old desktop, or a laptop which can do some things but overheats to hell

Sssith

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 17
    • View Profile
Re: Fucking computers ...
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 09:40:05 AM »
Sorry to hear that.  That does not sound fun. 

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 03:12:49 PM »
got it going a bit later, somewhere in bios I was mucking around, managed to point it to my SSD.   It hadn't done windows updates in 3 freaking months.  I'll be able to get back to the previous tomb raider now woot!

mn4nu

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 04:10:58 PM »
Glad it is working for you now Tim.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 04:40:59 PM »
Nice!

That game is fun!

Sigilstun

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 05:04:10 PM »
Nice to hear you got it working again Tim.  :D

I had a computer scare myself recently. I had a frayed ethernet cord from rolling a portable air conditioner over the wire too many times, and one night I forgot to dump the pail that I had the water outtake tube stuck in it (from the air conditioner). When i woke up the next day it had overflowed all over the cord and in my stupidity I thought that if I just dried everything off it would be fine.....I know, I know....one of the stupidest things I've ever done. The next day I was playing a game and all of a sudden there was a loud pop noise followed by an awful rubber smell and my comp shut off and wouldn't start up again. I thought for sure it was the motherboard that got fried since the ethernet cord plugs directly into it (built in nic).

Through some miracle I got lucky and it was just the power supply that got fried instead, so it was basically an easy 50$ fix instead of basically the entire comp ruined. Computer shit going wrong when you know you don't have the cash to replace it is scary as shit.  :o
Don't mind me. I'm just admiring the shape of your skull.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2018, 08:00:29 PM »
Good to see you Sigilstun!  Stay a while and listen!  See there is talk about people farming Borderlands 2, and for Diablo, after the boring switch thing there are other annoucments.

I wonder if they said "we have MULTIPLE projects on the go" was trying to say, the first thing we announce you will be the least excited about, but better things are coming!

Sigilstun

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2018, 11:41:53 PM »
Oh man Borderlands 2 farming was so much fun. Mostly. Except for that damn Infinity gun that I never got to drop after farming Doc Mercy for an eternity.

I swear to god if they announce a D4, they better be making it WAY more complex than the current iteration of Diablo. Sure, it was, and still is fun, but I want a zod rune to chase this time instead of a red bordered item that I can also find a level 12 variant of.

Darkness

• Cookies: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2018, 04:17:45 AM »
Oh man Borderlands 2 farming was so much fun. Mostly. Except for that damn Infinity gun that I never got to drop after farming Doc Mercy for an eternity.

The good farms in Borderlands 2 are fun. The bad farms are, well, bad. Unless you're a player trying to grail BL2s legendary and pearlescent items, good gear can be obtained through fun.

I swear to god if they announce a D4, they better be making it WAY more complex than the current iteration of Diablo. Sure, it was, and still is fun, but I want a zod rune to chase this time instead of a red bordered item that I can also find a level 12 variant of.

Yeah, I think BL2 offers a loot hunt that is more engaging to me and more reminiscent of D2 (pre1.10) than anything D3 offers. Whilst D3 is still a fun game, I prefer a system where I got to X monster to farm certain items or a certain range of items, rather than just do an activity at the most difficult setting and hope something good drops drawn from the games entire loot table.

Sigilstun

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2018, 05:13:29 AM »

The good farms in Borderlands 2 are fun. The bad farms are, well, bad. Unless you're a player trying to grail BL2s legendary and pearlescent items, good gear can be obtained through fun.

I think overall in BL2 one of the best farms is BNK3R. Especially if you have a well levelled zero with Bore. You can just destroy that boss in seconds and he drops so many good guns/items.

Darkness

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2018, 08:10:11 AM »
I think overall in BL2 one of the best farms is BNK3R. Especially if you have a well levelled zero with Bore. You can just destroy that boss in seconds and he drops so many good guns/items.

Not tried it, although I've seen videos of the "god-bore" in effect on that boss. When I hit level 72 and have a suitable Lyuda or Pimpernel, I shall be giving it a try.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2018, 09:50:03 AM »
Yeahies...more BL2 talk.

I have been slowly leveling a Maya, at lvl 66 and I think I will be moving on to farm for a Bee next in the Tiny Tina DLC.  Not sure if I am going to try to tackle the OP levels.  Other items that I want are the Twister, which is just about the most aggravating farm.  It its place I will also try farming for the Blockhead which is in the Caustic Cavern.

I am really enjoying farming in Bl2, as there is so many choices on how to do it.  Running Pindle and Meph just burnt me out, and for some reason BL2 is not doing that to me yet.

Darkness

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2018, 10:32:05 AM »

I have been slowly leveling a Maya, at lvl 66 and I think I will be moving on to farm for a Bee next in the Tiny Tina DLC.

What's the Bee farm like? Is it just a case of going to the forest, blasting Ents and hoping a Bee drops?

Not sure if I am going to try to tackle the OP levels. 
I'm similarly unsure about the OP levels. However, I also want to clear all of the content and I think getting through digistruct peak unlocks OP1 by default. At which point it might be hard to resist tackling OP1.

Pixie

• Administrator
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2018, 11:08:23 AM »
Why is this in the argument chamber anyway?

Think I'll move it...

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2018, 04:46:57 PM »
Because Timmeh was arguing with his computer and the rest of us took over his thread and started spamming it with important knowledge.

I haven't really started the Bee Farming yet.  I looks like you want to collect the Tree Hugger quest but no complete it.  Then you want to go and clear out the orcs near to where you move on to the next area.  Then you farm the two trees at the end of that area.  You then go out of the area and I think save and quit.  At that point when you re-enter you should be right next to the orc area.  But because you have the Tree Hugger quest there should no longer be that many trees.  Supposedly at this point it is a quick matter of farming the last two trees.

My OP plan sounds similar to yours.  First I will finish up Hunt DLC and then move back to regular quest progression.  We will see how i feel once I am lvl 72 and done with the main quest.  Not sure if I will start a new character,  be burnt out, or go OP.