Author Topic: Season 15 - Anyone playing?  (Read 312 times)

Pixie

• Administrator
  • THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 13
    • View Profile
Re: Season 15 - Anyone playing?
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2018, 11:55:38 PM »
Started a new necromancer. No idea why. Thought it would be fun to explode some corpses for a while.

But goddamn do I hate getting booted out of my single player game every time my unreliable internet chooses to lose connection for 15 seconds.

Orbert

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 150
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2018, 12:13:43 PM »
Playing UE, probably my favorite build, but RNG was really starting to annoy me.  Running T13, GR62 or so for days, still no decent jewelry, no Ancient weapon, and no Dawn for the perma-Vengeance.  After many Reforges, finally got an Ancient Yang's... with no +Vitality and no +Discipline.  WTF?  Crappy rolls everywhere, so I switched to M6 for a while.

Ancient Manticore dropped on my first Rift, so that was cool.  Tweaked the gear a bit, used a Ramaladni's, running T13's alright, was gonna try some GR's, then a Dawn dropped.  Dilemma.  I was kinda getting into the M6, which is second-favorite build, but I had to see what I could do with my UE setup, so I switched back. Cubed the Dawn, looked, and I had exactly 50 Forgotten Souls.  Cubed my "spare" Yang's... Ancient!  +11 Discipline (good enough), but no Vitality.  So I had to burn some stuff from my Stash to get some souls so I could get +Vitality on my Yang's.  Got like 968 or something, good enough.  Used my other Ramaladni's, ready to rock.  Except I was already late for work, so I guess we'll see how he does tonight.

Also, gems are all rocking, thanks to Sigilstun sharing four Goblin Vaults with me the other night.  I like them big shiny squares.

syn

• Cookies: 7
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2018, 01:32:37 PM »
playing a wizard right now after some time away from the game. got this season's pet, which was my only real goal. will probably continue playing for a bit as long as i'm having fun. trying to see how much i can get out of skills i haven't used much in the past, but not super interested if/when it comes down to just leveling gems and pushing GRs.
"There is a scene in Star Wars where the heroes are in a trash compactor on the Death Star with the walls closing in. I'm reminded of that this morning, except for perhaps the stuff about the heroes."
Dan Rather 9/14/18

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2018, 04:38:01 PM »
Still plodding along with my necro. Up to act 5 (needed to play through the whole story again because I don't remember anything).

I'm really in this for the necro armor, but I don't even know what all I need to do to get it. Heh.

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2018, 11:40:30 AM »
Yeah, that's that. I hit level 70 but I can't seem to force myself through the act 5 slog. Holy shit is that act awful.

Still not sure what I have to do to get the season armor, but I'm going to guess it's a lot more grindy than I want to deal with.

syn

• aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2018, 08:16:46 PM »
there should be an icon in the upper right, that when clicked displays a list of the things you need to do for the season journey. I don't know if it is visible when you're in campaign mode; you may have to switch to adventure mode to see it. you get partial set rewards at different points, and the full set on completion of the 4th (?) tier of the journey. you may be right about it being grindier than you want if you're fed up with the campaign, but it's not really that bad to get the set. it's mostly "kill this monster at this difficulty level or higher", "complete bounties in act X" or "craft this item" kind of stuff. these things are mostly easy if you're using the set skill bonuses and otherwise have the sort of stuff you should be finding along the way. probably the most "grindy" is soloing a GR20; you may have to do a few rifts to unlock up to the 20. to put things in perspective, most of the grinders are doing GRs well above 70.
"There is a scene in Star Wars where the heroes are in a trash compactor on the Death Star with the walls closing in. I'm reminded of that this morning, except for perhaps the stuff about the heroes."
Dan Rather 9/14/18

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2018, 12:01:53 AM »
Yeah, but it won't show me what's required in each chapter after the chapter/tier I'm on (#1), where I've completed 7 of 9 goals so far. I can't click on the other chapters so no idea I'm in for.

syn

• aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2018, 06:53:25 AM »
ah.

this lists them.
Dan Rather 9/14/18

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2018, 09:10:06 AM »
Ah, hrm. Yeah, I don't even know what some of that stuff is. Keywarden? GR20? Where do I get jewelcrafter/blacksmith recipes?

Game is obtuse and tells you nothing.

Cluck Kent

• Cookies: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2018, 11:35:05 AM »

Game is obtuse and tells you nothing.

It has always been so. I thank the friendly folks here for all the information over the years. I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have. Google is also you friend.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • Cookies: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2018, 02:56:20 PM »
On the act map, there is a key icon telling you which map the keywarden is in.  Then there is an arrow that guides you to them.  GR20 is greater rift 20, so you need to do a regular rift to get a token to open it.  Basically its not too hard to do the GR20. 

For recipes, be at least level 70.  When you do the set of 5 bounties, in  your rewards, you'll get them.  Basically, get to max level, get on the mousewheel of grinding to the neverending endgame.  Along the way you get an armour relatively early on.

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2018, 03:07:52 PM »
Sounds like work. Meh. I played the campaign and hit 70. That should count for something. Anything after that is just grindy bullshit. /sigh

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • Cookies: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2018, 06:03:27 PM »
Getting to level 2 sounded like work to me :P

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2018, 06:50:57 PM »
Yeahhh.... I went back to Grim Dawn. It's still the better ARPG.

Sssith

• Cookies: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2018, 10:57:31 PM »
What character are you playing?  If only GD had some of BL humor.  GD is a bit too serious.