Author Topic: Diablo's Future!  (Read 102 times)

hurtlocker

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 3
    • View Profile
Diablo's Future!
« on: August 08, 2018, 01:34:21 PM »
There is a cool short video on the Diablo start page about Diablo's future, exciting!

mn4nu

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Diablo's Future!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 02:29:36 PM »
They need to do something.  D3 got boring.

Sssith

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 02:54:08 PM »
I won't be excited until I have a real idea of what they are up to.  Multiple projects doesn't mean anything at this point.  It certainly does not guarantee D4.

Honestly the only Blizzard franchise I like is Diablo.  So I think the chance of them making something I don't like, or that I am not interested in, is high.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 02:56:19 PM by Sssith »

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 04:56:08 PM »
Its nice to have an annoucement that SOMETHING is coming.  However my hype and excitement are bottomed out now. 

Diablo4 will be inevitable, but if you look at D3, it will most likely be years off.  They should be better at launches .. and Jay Wilson is long gone ..
Diablo2 remaster is likely.  Looking at what they did with Starcraft, the graphics got tweaked, a few quality of life things (outside the gameplay).  However bugs and annoying AI remained as it was.  Imagine all the broken Diablo2 skills ... would remain broken.

I've heard people talk about something on mobile.  Hearthstone has given them some ideas about this.  The fact most mobile things are free to play and then try to nickel and dime you for more than a full game if you let them bugs me.    Who knows, there are plenty of D3 type clones already on mobile.

Something different?  Who knows?  Tell me when there is a video of something to watch and I'll see if the pictures and sound can get me excited.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2018, 10:23:06 AM »
I have mixed feelings of a D2 remaster.  On the one hand I would be able to collect breast plates again.  On the other hand it would be more of the same, been there done that.

Orbert

• Cookies: 149
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2018, 03:26:58 PM »
You all is silly.

When original Diablo came out, it was the best damned Diablo game ever created.  No one had ever created a Diablo game better than original Diablo.

When Diablo II came out, it was the best damned version of Diablo II ever created.  It got better with every patch (except for the ones which were universally regarded as "eh, not so much") and with the expansion, D2X, it became the best damned Diablo game ever created.

Diablo III is the best damned version of Diablo III out there, bar none.  Show me any game called Diablo III (or maybe Diablo 3) that's better than Diablo III, and I'll eat my lunch.

I'm sure that when Diablo IV (or maybe Diablo 4) comes out, it will be the best damned version of Diablo IV ever created.  If I'm wrong, I'll eat a bag of Doritos.

She said "multiple projects" and come on, she's female and kinda cute for a programmer, so you know she means every word of it.  I'd collect breast plates with her, if you know what I mean.  Obviously they have multiple projects going on, and if that doesn't get you excited, then okay, it doesn't.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2018, 03:39:51 PM »
Will you eat a bag of Doritos if you're right?

I thought so.

maxbeedo

• Cookies: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2018, 04:12:00 PM »
I'd collect breast plates with her, if you know what I mean. 

:o ;D  ::) 

With the release of the Starcraft remaster came an updated rerelease of the original for FREE, so if a D2 remaster comes with the same, I'll all for it. 

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2018, 06:15:46 PM »
Diablo 3 was the most hyped Diablo3 ever, especially with the time gap compared to the D1 to D2 gap.  The amount of time before people realised that the emporer Diablo had no clothes varied.  RoS did help to change things

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2018, 08:22:30 AM »
Once again, Orbert gets a cookie from me for an awesome post.

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2018, 01:23:00 PM »
Awesome!  A cookie to go with my Doritos.  That's a balanced lunch.  :)

Seriously though, and I know I've mentioned this before, but despite all seeming evidence to the contrary, I'm not really a gamer.  I play one game on the PC: Diablo.  I play it a lot, but I don't play any other games, so I don't know how it works with other games.  I do know that I paid like $20 for original Diablo years ago, and played it for years.  Hundreds of hours of play, for 20 bucks.  I consider that a pretty good value.

D2 and D2X were similar.  For a total of 40 bucks, several hundred more hours of play.  D3, you guessed it.  Yeah, it gets repetitive.  When I get bored, I try a different class, one I haven't played in a while.  For 40 bucks (plus I think 15 for the Necromancer pack), I've already gotten a few hundred hours of entertainment.

How does it work with other games?  Do people expect the publishers to keep patching/enhancing/supporting the game for free forever?  I know that with some games, you pay a monthly fee or something for the service.  I categorically avoid that model.  But if we were talking about a game that has a steady influx of money, then yeah, I'd expect support and new content on a regular basis.  But that's not the Diablo model, never has been.  For a fixed price, I already feel like I've gotten my money's worth, and everything beyond that is just cake.

People complaining about how long Blizzard takes to release the games, okay, I see your point.  If my life revolved around playing video games, I'd be bummed about having to wait so long, too.  Fortunately, I have a life, so I guess I'll just keep playing D3 for now, or maybe stop when I honestly get bored.  I did eventually stop playing D2/D2X when I felt I'd done everything I wanted to do within the game, but I'm not gonna complain about that.  I might stop playing D3 before D4 comes out, possibly long before, but I'll check out D4 when it arrives.  Or whatever the new thing is.

hurtlocker

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2018, 03:07:40 PM »
I agree with Orbert, I look forward to new Diablo games. I also don't play other games much, been playing some
StarCraft II which is kind of fun, but nothing else. 
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 02:55:04 PM by hurtlocker »

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2018, 05:05:10 PM »
I played StarCraft for a while, mostly MP with my son.  But he's young and plays a game for like a few months and then moves on to some other game.  So now I don't played StarCraft any more.