Author Topic: Getting rid of my Xbone - dissapointed in this generation of consoles  (Read 557 times)

Lego

• Administrator
  • THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 3
    • View Profile
I'm getting rid of my xbox one. I've had it around 2 months. I only bought it for Mass Effect, and, well...

The catalogue - first person shooters. Looking to the future... first person shooters. IDGAF about first person shooters.

How sad.

I have a PS3 and all the games I want to play are on it.

Thoughts on this generation?

Sssith

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Getting rid of my Xbone - dissapointed in this generation of consoles
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 10:51:53 PM »
There are a bunch of games I am interested in for the PS4.  That said I enjoy PC gaming more so that one is probably not going to happen.

Pixie

• Administrator
  • THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 10:53:21 PM »
Bit premature to make that decision, I'd say. There's a few years left for new stuff to come out.

That said, the PS4 has better exclusives, if you ask me. Horizon: Zero Dawn by itself is worth the price of the console. ;)

But as long as you have the Xbone, pick up ReCore. It's not a first person shooter, it's a lot of fun, and you get the best customizable robo-dog anyone could ever ask for.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 11:01:00 PM »
So no more console d3? If your pc runs you could join the rest of us?

lemming

• Cookies: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 11:47:22 PM »
I've had both a PS4 and an XB1 for most of the generation.

PS4 is definitely a better complement to a PC since it has both more true exclusives and system exclusives. At only about $200 for a new console during sales this past year, I'd definitely recommend looking into picking one up at some point.

My XB1 gets more playtime, though, since I'm quite fond of all those linear singleplayer shooters/action games that the internet hates, and I'd rather play them on there than on PC.

Lego

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 12:43:24 AM »
Thanks all.

@Tim - I do have D3 on my MacBook. I bought it, got my GO invite, played for about 3 minutes, realized how horrible the interface and control scheme are compared to the console, and shut that shit right down.

Now, though, I'm about to start it up again, and see if I can wade through the shit enough to get a Witchdocter seasonal character going.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2017, 03:08:06 AM »
Depending on the time of day there could be a few friendly people to get you quickly to level 70 and start unlocking some really cool stuff

Lego

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2017, 08:08:47 AM »
Depending on the time of day there could be a few friendly people to get you quickly to level 70 and start unlocking some really cool stuff

That would be nice! I played around for a bit. Getting used to it some. Still not as nice as console, but doable. At least it's a game that runs natively on the mac, which is something  :'(

Harrill

• Cookies: 0
    • View Profile
I'm getting rid of my xbox one. I've had it around 2 months. I only bought organifi here for Mass Effect, and, well...

The catalogue - first person shooters. Looking to the future... first person shooters. IDGAF about first person shooters.

How sad.

I have a PS3 and all the games I want to play are on it.

Thoughts on this generation?

I know how you feel, I bought an xbox one and went back to pc real quick. I just don't like controllers.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 07:25:32 AM by Harrill »