Author Topic: Vault 76  (Read 485 times)

Sssith

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 14
    • View Profile
Vault 76
« on: May 31, 2018, 09:16:37 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ye84Zrqndo

Surprised that no one has posted this yet but here you go.

Rumor is that this will be a survival game and not a true Fallout game.

Kasferatu

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Vault 76
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 01:42:38 PM »
Yes, I heard it was a Fallout Battle-Royale.  That combined with Fallout 4 not turning out quite as good as expected has led me to zero interest in this.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 06:43:11 PM »
I liked FO3 and FO: Las Vegas better than FO4.  That said I still really loved FO4.  I thought it had a lot of great quests in it.  Though I really didn't like the base building.

What didn't you like about FO4?

I think it is too early to assume it is going to be another Pubg, but I we will know soon enough.

mn4nu

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 07:38:39 AM »
I never finished FO4.  I just didn't get into it enough.  I liked it, but it just didn't grab me like FO3 did.  If FO76 is survival style, I won't be playing it.

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 04:35:43 PM »
It's not a Fallout battle royale. That was never a valid rumor and was squashed quite early.

Possibly it's a Fallout survival RPG, which would be abso-frigging-lutely fantastic, if they do it right (i.e. take some cues from Conan Exiles). I consider this the most likely thing, to be honest, especially as the rumors are that the base-building in FO4 was sort of a test-run for this.

Also possible it's a glorified Fallout Shelter, with online play and fancy graphics. I am uninterested, if so. I have zero interest in a vault sim game.

Remotely possible it's a Fallout MMO. That would be pretty good, if they apply what they've learned from ESO, which has evolved over the last 4 years to being one of the best MMOs on the market.

Or it could just be another Fallout RPG, in line with FO4 but not a "full FO5", and featuring online co-op, rather than the full multiplayer approach of survival games or mmos.

Regardless, what is known is that it's developed by their Austin studio, which was formerly working on Battlecry. And Fallout 5 is still in the works, with this just being a sort of side thing. A Fallout 4.5, if you will.

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 04:37:22 PM »
Also, I preordered it from Amazon this morning.

So, there's that. :D

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 04:45:40 PM »
Possibly it's a Fallout survival RPG, which would be abso-frigging-lutely fantastic, if they do it right (i.e. take some cues from Conan Exiles). I consider this the most likely thing, to be honest, especially as the rumors are that the base-building in FO4 was sort of a test-run for this.

Part of this sounds interesting.  I did not enjoy the base building FO4.  Other aspects of a survival game have always sounded interesting.

Also possible it's a glorified Fallout Shelter, with online play and fancy graphics. I am uninterested, if so. I have zero interest in a vault sim game.

I generally hate sims and did not like Shelter which I briefly looked at.  So I am with you there.

Remotely possible it's a Fallout MMO. That would be pretty good, if they apply what they've learned from ESO, which has evolved over the last 4 years to being one of the best MMOs on the market.

So long as it is not a monthly fee, I would be interested.  Monthly fee immediately eliminates it from consideration.

Or it could just be another Fallout RPG, in line with FO4 but not a "full FO5", and featuring online co-op, rather than the full multiplayer approach of survival games or mmos.

If it only plays well in co-op mode I will not be interested.

Regardless, what is known is that it's developed by their Austin studio, which was formerly working on Battlecry. And Fallout 5 is still in the works, with this just being a sort of side thing. A Fallout 4.5, if you will.

Much like Fallout: Las Vegas.  Really good game which was really Fallout 3.5.  I would be up for this.

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2018, 04:50:05 PM »
ESO has no monthly fee. There is an optional prime membership, where you can sub and get some monthly bennies, but it's entirely and 100% playable just by purchasing it once and going. I would expect the same of an admittedly highly unlikely to happen Fallout MMO.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2018, 10:13:02 AM »
So this looks like it is going to be a full on FO set as a prequel to all the others.  They are boasting that the size of the area is four times larger than FO4.

Still I also keep hearing rumors about this being more multiplayer enabled so I am nervous about that.  Still things are trending upward.

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2018, 05:55:21 AM »
I responded in the E3 thread but it's not "multiplayer enabled" - it's a full-on, 100% multiplayer-only game. Not quite an MMO, but along the lines of Conan Exiles/Rust/etc. Several dozen players per server. There are no NPCs anywhere except robots. Every human character you run into will be another player. You're all from the same vault. Kill each other nicely!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 06:02:14 AM by Pixie »

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2018, 09:54:48 AM »
Well that sounds shitty.

What about all the stories that are supposed to be littered around the world?

mn4nu

• THAC0: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2018, 10:55:58 AM »
Pass.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2018, 11:11:30 AM »
Just watched a review of Rust and if that is 76 it will be a hard pass.

I want stories and searching out new things.  If some random dipshit can kill me then I will pass.

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2018, 04:46:19 PM »
Well, I'm excited.

Preordered it a while ago. No regrets. Now just waiting for my beta access key. :D

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2018, 07:00:53 PM »
The more info that comes out about this, the better it is sounding. I am hype. Very hype.