Author Topic: General gaming chatter  (Read 77443 times)

Sssith

• THAC0: 15
  • Cookies: 23
    • View Profile
Re: General gaming chatter
« Reply #1095 on: January 09, 2021, 09:30:12 AM »
I am a Nomad with a penchant for shotguns.  We shall see how that goes long term.  I was planning something similar for my corp playthrough.

Pixie

• Administrator
  • THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: January 09, 2021, 11:01:02 AM »
Shotguns are hilariously awesome, especially smart shotguns because all the pellets will find their way to the target. That's gonna be my 3rd character, I think. A shotgun-toting street rat.

maxbeedo

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: January 09, 2021, 03:31:27 PM »
Stuck it out and finished The Last Remnant Remastered.  It's definitely a game where using a guide is required, since 90% of the mechanics are obtuse, and rare monsters drops required for upgrades (that your party members specifically ask for) in a game that doesn't have a bestiary, and occasionally "rare drops from rare monsters".  There are also many, many quests, and even a few entire dungeons, that get permanently locked if you advance the story too fast, with no warning.  The endgame is a lot better than the beginning though, as you unlock more skills and have more options.  The final boss is more interesting that he appears in that his abilities change drastically based on how you played: his level scales with your number of quests completed, his basic abilities get stronger based on your level, he gains summons if you DIDN'T claim those summons yourself in optional sidequests, and he gains new abilities if you DID optional sidequests where you end up releasing some bad stuff into the world.  Oddly enough, there isn't a trophy for completing the game, there is only a trophy for beating the "true" final boss having completed 100% of all quests, which like I mentioned requires a guide, but at least there is NG+ to make a 2nd run easier, though not enough carries over for me to care to attempt it (no levels or equipment).

Right now staring at Nioh 2 or Yakuza: Like A Dragon and debating which to start first.

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: January 12, 2021, 09:04:10 PM »
Finished Cyberpunk. The ending I got was probably as good as it's possible to get. But the whole ending chapter was amazing and bits of it will stick with me for a while.

My V, when it was all said and done.

Now to make a new character and do it all again! <3 this game!

Kasferatu

• Cookies: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: January 13, 2021, 04:15:28 AM »
Hades is so fucking good y'all
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 07:37:59 AM by Kasferatu »

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: January 13, 2021, 10:33:21 AM »
Are you using a mod to get a picture of your character, or is that a cut scene?

I think I am in the early stages of the game.  Just cruising around taking on jobs.  I haven't even started calling the fixers that have all reached out to me.  Just a lot to do.

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: January 13, 2021, 04:25:01 PM »
Are you using a mod to get a picture of your character, or is that a cut scene?

I think I am in the early stages of the game.  Just cruising around taking on jobs.  I haven't even started calling the fixers that have all reached out to me.  Just a lot to do.

Press N for photomode.

That particular shot, though, is from the endgame cutscene: the one and only scene in the entire game that's not in first-person POV.

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: January 13, 2021, 09:44:05 PM »

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: January 14, 2021, 10:21:58 AM »
Nice.  Just met Panam.  Slow and steady progress.

I enjoyed the Portal references that I ran across.

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: January 14, 2021, 09:18:34 PM »
Damn, you're flying through the game.

Yeah, I'm awesome and I know it. :D

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: January 15, 2021, 11:13:42 AM »
I really dislike driving in this game.  Roach sucks.

I probably should do more side quests.  I am almost level 20 right now.  12 points in Body.  12 points in Cool. 

maxbeedo

• Cookies: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: January 15, 2021, 11:28:03 AM »
Currently about 20 hours into Yakuza: Like a Dragon.  It's very slow at handing out new mechanics, as it's a "JRPG Job-System" where you can't change jobs until like 15 hours in, if you explore like I do.  It shares a lot of mechanics with the Persona series in that it's turn-based, has a lot of the same status effects, and you have "bonds" with your party, but adds some area/line effects to hit multiple enemies.  Story-wise the initial setup is pretty good, but when things divert from Kamurocho to Yokohama you kinda dive off the deep end with new mechanics and people to meet, so the main story is kinda forgotten for a while.  We'll see if it connects well by the end.  Some of the mini-games are pretty great, like a Pac-Man-esque Cart game to collect cans while avoiding other carts (or using a powerup to defeat them), a movie theater "shooting gallery" where you fight off sheep trying to put you to sleep, and a full-on Mario Kart sim with its own storyline. 

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: January 15, 2021, 01:28:03 PM »
I really dislike driving in this game.  Roach sucks.

I probably should do more side quests.  I am almost level 20 right now.  12 points in Body.  12 points in Cool.

Not sure if I should be concerned that I have absolutely no damn idea who Roach is. LOL

Definitely do side quests. The main quest is just soooo short, the side quest is where all the meat is, plus a bunch of side quests have effects on subsequent main quest stuff. Like being able to talk your way out of a combat encounter with a main quest character (and thus getting info you need) by threatening him with a reference to something you did to someone else in a side quest 20 hours ago. Very cool shit like that.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: January 15, 2021, 06:01:10 PM »
Roach is the horse from Witcher.  All his horses he named Roach.

The side quest system in Cyberpunk is a bit odd.  When you get close to a mark on the map a Fixer calls with the mission.  Sometimes you are on level for, sometimes you are not.

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: January 15, 2021, 06:58:14 PM »
Roach is the horse from Witcher.  All his horses he named Roach.

Oh, that Roach. Thought you were referring to a character in cyberpunk.

The side quest system in Cyberpunk is a bit odd.  When you get close to a mark on the map a Fixer calls with the mission.  Sometimes you are on level for, sometimes you are not.

On level?