Author Topic: General gaming chatter  (Read 65185 times)

Sssith

• THAC0: 15
  • Cookies: 22
    • View Profile
Re: General gaming chatter
« Reply #1020 on: October 08, 2020, 09:30:17 AM »
One of my biggest complaints in DoS2 is that creating your own character was somewhat discouraged.  Meaning that the stock characters all had fantastic backstories and you were better off choosing one of them to have better playing experience.  Did they get around this issue?

Pixie

• Administrator
  • THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: October 08, 2020, 02:49:12 PM »
What campaigns are you running now?

I'm running my group through a heavily modified Dungeon of the Mad Mage because since we're playing on roll20 because of covid, it seemed like the easiest way to do that with the least amount of prep work.

The other games I play in are homebrews. Which are, of course, the best way to play.

One of my biggest complaints in DoS2 is that creating your own character was somewhat discouraged.  Meaning that the stock characters all had fantastic backstories and you were better off choosing one of them to have better playing experience.  Did they get around this issue?

Right now, you can ONLY create your own character. The premade origins are not selectable, but there are placeholders. But in the end, I suspect it's going to be the same. If you want the best story, play one of those.

Lucky for you, one of those is a lawful evil githyanki fighter with an undying hatred of mind flayers. :P (and she is awesome)

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: October 08, 2020, 09:57:54 PM »

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: October 08, 2020, 10:58:56 PM »
Too bad you didn't roll a one and forget the name of your own diety.

Godji

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 1
  • Hatter than the Hat Madder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: October 10, 2020, 08:05:06 PM »
I haven't popped here in a while, but my big gaming revelation of the year was Monster Hunter World (and its expansion). What should be the latest content patch was just released some tie ago, and I have spent hundreds of hours in the game. And... sure, I can see how it can get grindy (which game isn't after so much time ?) but that was a perfect "comfort game" for confinement.

Otherwise, quite tempted to jump on the Hades bandwagon, this looks quite interesting. And with AMD finally releasing a new gen of processors, I plan to build a new computer maybe around Christmas, to catch up on some games which probably wouldn't run well on my current PC (Control in particular).

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: October 10, 2020, 10:50:18 PM »
Baldur's Gate 3 just keeps getting better. I won't spoil anything, but damn I love this game now.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: October 12, 2020, 09:14:05 AM »
I've started Witcher 3.  I finished the opening area and have arrived at the next big city.  So far I am impressed.  Not really sure what I am doing build wise.  There seems to be a lot to figure out, but I am enjoying it so far.

Kasferatu

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: October 12, 2020, 01:47:18 PM »
I haven't popped here in a while, but my big gaming revelation of the year was Monster Hunter World (and its expansion). What should be the latest content patch was just released some tie ago, and I have spent hundreds of hours in the game. And... sure, I can see how it can get grindy (which game isn't after so much time ?) but that was a perfect "comfort game" for confinement.

Otherwise, quite tempted to jump on the Hades bandwagon, this looks quite interesting. And with AMD finally releasing a new gen of processors, I plan to build a new computer maybe around Christmas, to catch up on some games which probably wouldn't run well on my current PC (Control in particular).

I'm very interested in Hades, but with my backlog and PC stability issues it will have to wait :(

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: October 17, 2020, 03:50:48 AM »
Finished the available BG3 content. Act 1. Took about 25 hours with my first character (half-elf cleric). Going to start up character #2 later today.

Amazing stuff so far!

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: October 17, 2020, 04:45:42 PM »

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: October 19, 2020, 09:39:09 AM »
Nice.  It is good to hear that you like it.

I have been playing Witcher 3 and having a blast.  I literally have too many quests going on.  I find that I am getting over-leveled for the quests that I have.  I am basically doing quests by there suggested level.