Author Topic: General gaming chatter  (Read 52232 times)

Pixie

• Administrator
  • THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 20
    • View Profile
Re: General gaming chatter
« Reply #705 on: January 16, 2020, 04:31:19 PM »
Bad news! Cyberpunk 2077 delayed FIVE months.

Good news! Horizon Zero Dawn coming to PC!

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: January 16, 2020, 06:28:36 PM »
it doesn't clash with new Half Life that way ..sure its VR only, but the first half life in over a decade ..

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: January 16, 2020, 08:06:20 PM »
I'm not sure very many people give a shit about Alyx? VR is still a very, very niche thing.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: January 16, 2020, 08:17:37 PM »
not many in comparison to PC gaming might care about VR for now, but there is a tonne that have been hanging out for half life 3 for ages.  This isn't half life 3, but it is in the half life world, it is a new step up and will be a big deal.  valves $1000 headset is sold out,  This could be something to give VR that next big kick

I've been contemplating asking a friend if i can go to his place to play it, watch him play with his setup or just check out a good Lets Play.  You only get one first experience though, so ideally i'd play it, but thats impossible with my current hardware.

dave in the basement

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: January 17, 2020, 08:44:37 AM »
Any of you fine people ever play Undertale? I'm thinking of grabbing it for my Switch over the weekend.

No spoilers, please, just looking to see if you enjoyed it. :D

Kasferatu

• Cookies: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: January 17, 2020, 11:49:49 AM »
Undertale is fantastic, and I absolutely love the soundtrack.

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: January 17, 2020, 01:19:02 PM »
I've not personally played Undertale but it is pretty universally loved among my friends who have played it.

Sssith

• THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: January 20, 2020, 12:38:57 PM »
I was flying solo for the weekend, so of course, I was super productive and got tons done.

Ha.

I played and finished two games and played as a shit ton more of BL3.  What a wastrel I am.

The two games I played were AWESOME!  The first is Journey, a Playstation exclusive that has been around for a long time.  I was always told how great it was, and they were right.  Very simple game on so many levels but still very rewarding.  Very much enjoyed it.

Then I played the Titan Fall 2 single-player campaign.  That was freaking awesome.  Best action FPS that I have played in a long time.  Pity it is short, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Gorgeous game.  Fantastic levels.  Good story, though a bit cliche at this point.  I actually prefered that time out of the mech to the time in it.  Though the mech personality was great.

Highly recommend all three games I played this weekend.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: January 20, 2020, 01:56:04 PM »
So great games, but the best access is one before EA's Origin, a game that I'll never get unless I buy a playstation, and a game with no release date on a platform I use. 

How trollish of you to suggest how the grass is greener on the other side :P

As for me, over the weekend I finished Poker Night at the Inventory.  A telltale game ... so not for sale anymore.  I'm not a poker fan and for me "finished" was getting all the achievements.  I spent quite a few hours rerolling the start to get 3 kings and win.

Also recently I finished Keen Dreams on Steam (also not for sale anymore, the original developer melted down and posted lots of hate to GabeN for some reason ..  While the game isn't as fun as Keen 4-6, it was still fun, and the challenges of getting all points on each level made me play the game in a way I didn't originally back in the 90s.

One game that is still for sale and I "finished" recently was Day of Defeat Source which is an MP game and as we know almost all MP games die and this is ancient.  I was able to play with bots and had lots of fun killing them with the various weapons.  For my final achievement I couldn't arrange it with bots, so i asked for help. I had a guy from Germany offer to help me .. and he CHOSE to play on the Axis side .. lol

maxbeedo

• Cookies: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: January 20, 2020, 05:08:39 PM »
Titanfall 2 is on my to-play list since it was free on PS+.  Platinumed Persona 5 Dancing in Starlight, which I'm glad I got on sale, because it was pretty darn short (roughly 20 hours to get ALL trophies) with relatively few songs, but it was fun to revisit the characters I got to know so well in P5.  Currently playing through the DLCs of Marvel's Spiderman.  Overall I found the game to be kinda meh, but that's mostly because I'm pretty much done with the open-world checkbox-list-of-repetition style of game, and instant-gameover stealth sections are annoying.  The story was surprisingly good, and there are a lot of little touches that make it interesting.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #715 on: January 20, 2020, 08:05:49 PM »
Glad to hear that I am not the only one who was underwhelmed by Spiderman.  It just got so repetitive by the end.  I started the three DLC's and stopped after the first.  The main storyline was good but I got burnt out by the end of it.

maxbeedo

• Cookies: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: January 20, 2020, 08:33:30 PM »
Yeah, I have to say my interest in finishing and continuing through to the DLCs was mostly unrelated to the game, in that I'm a huge fan of Laura Bailey (who voices Mary Jane) and Erica Lindbeck (who voices Black Cat). 

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #717 on: January 20, 2020, 09:23:33 PM »
But is there any more content for Black Cat after the first DLC?  That storyline kept me engaged for DLC 1.  Halfway through DLC 2 I had enough of fighting mercenary thugs commanded by that woman.  It just became tedious.  Am I missing anything interesting?

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #718 on: January 21, 2020, 05:57:13 PM »
So uPlay (Ubisoft) is having a big sale.  Division 2 is on sale for $10.  It is only a year old.  I was interested in playing the first so I grabbed this one.

When I logged into uPlay to buy I saw that I had Assassin's Creed Unity in my account.  No clue how it got there, I would assume some free promotion.  Now I have two new games to play.  Looking forward to Division 2.

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: January 21, 2020, 06:53:14 PM »
They gave away AC Unity when Notre Dame burned.