Author Topic: General gaming chatter  (Read 49106 times)

Pixie

• Administrator
  • THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 19
    • View Profile
Re: General gaming chatter
« Reply #675 on: November 04, 2019, 04:21:50 PM »
I got to about level 15 or 16 and I might be done with Outer Worlds. I got bored. Went back to Fallout 76 yesterday and had a lot more fun with that.

maxbeedo

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: November 04, 2019, 10:13:22 PM »
Finished the game.  End comes relatively quickly, though the epilogue seems reasonably thorough.  If you're wondering if there's a "different" method you can use with the final boss... yes, yes there is.  Multiple things actually.  Had a weird... not really a bug, but more of a design quirk, where a quest that involved going into an area with hostile automechanicals, killing any of them resulted in a massive hit with my reputation, so when I got out the entire town I was in was hostile permanently.  Not sure if I missed out on quests and such because of that.  Achievement-wise I'm still missing quite a bit, so I may start looking up things I missed.

Sssith

• THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: November 11, 2019, 09:30:13 AM »
I'm taking a break form BL3 and playing The Last of Us Remastered.  I never did the DLC which is supposed to be excellent.  I will get through the main game before I do it though.

The one thing that I find annoying is that Normal level is really hard and easy is just that.

Kasferatu

• Cookies: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: November 13, 2019, 02:59:30 PM »
I got to about level 15 or 16 and I might be done with Outer Worlds. I got bored. Went back to Fallout 76 yesterday and had a lot more fun with that.

I think I might be at about the same place.  Have hit level 17 and just reached an entirely new planet that looks pretty large.  I always find these sudden opening up points in games can cause me to feel a bit overwhelmed and do something else!  Will attempt to push through this wall.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #679 on: November 18, 2019, 11:03:00 AM »
I finished Last of Us and the dlc Left Behind.  Both hugely enjoyable.

Pixie

• Administrator
  • Cookies: 19
    • View Profile

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: November 18, 2019, 09:52:02 PM »
Lets cound the columns, Valve is 1, Steam VR is 2, HOLY SHIT a THIRD GAME IS COMING! 

I'm officially wet

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #682 on: November 19, 2019, 08:50:13 AM »
Is it going to be VR only?

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: November 19, 2019, 04:20:41 PM »
Details out in 2 days time, but I think yes.  In saying that, while VR users are growing, the number of people who have a computer powerful enough to run VR is growing at a faster rate. 

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #684 on: November 21, 2019, 02:43:19 PM »
Free BL3 weekend on consoles: https://www.vg247.com/2019/11/20/borderlands-3-will-free-play-ps4-xbox-one-weekend/

If anyone wants to check it out.

maxbeedo

• View Profile
« Reply #685 on: November 29, 2019, 10:51:02 PM »
Been playing Nioh, since it was free on PS+ this month.  Souls-like system, but maybe even deadlier, since I'm finding most enemies can still 1 shot me with some attacks 20 hours into the game.  Enemy AI is kinda lacking in spots, and the more difficult fights rely on enemies having hyperarmor.  On the plus side, it puts a lot more effort into the presentation of story and information than any Souls game, and there are many ways to cheese fights or thin out weak enemies.  Being "mission"-based has some benefits, and I like the fact that if you complete the objective, all the other enemies in the level either disappear or prostrate themselves before you, letting you explore for items freely.

Darkness

• View Profile
« Reply #686 on: December 04, 2019, 04:44:53 AM »
Been playing Nioh, since it was free on PS+ this month.  Souls-like system, but maybe even deadlier, since I'm finding most enemies can still 1 shot me with some attacks 20 hours into the game.
Oh good, its not just me finding this. I'm still not past the first boss although, I've only had three attempts so far.

Enemy AI is kinda lacking in spots, and the more difficult fights rely on enemies having hyperarmor.  On the plus side, it puts a lot more effort into the presentation of story and information than any Souls game, and there are many ways to cheese fights or thin out weak enemies.  Being "mission"-based has some benefits, and I like the fact that if you complete the objective, all the other enemies in the level either disappear or prostrate themselves before you, letting you explore for items freely.
This all sounds very positive and something to look forward to. I am enjoying the combat system, although the stand changing mechanic is something I've not yet mastered with any fluidity.
I like the revenant summoning system, particularly as an item farming mechanic. Some of the revenants are really challenging to fight.

I like the nod to William Adams by having the main character named William, even though he is Irish. I found the backstory of how he learned Japanese fighting styles to be as flangy as hell but, really, really enjoyed the opening Tower of London scenario, which was a really cool way of doing a prologue.

Darkness

• View Profile
« Reply #687 on: December 05, 2019, 04:49:00 AM »
First boss in NIOH down on my 4th attempt.

I think that is better than my average for Soul's bosses.

Grogs

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: December 08, 2019, 08:58:29 PM »
Excited for the upcoming PoE expansion.  Reworked end game, complete with new bosses and a new Atlas system.  If you haven't played PoE for a while will be worth checking out!  New league starts next weekend at the same time.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #689 on: December 09, 2019, 09:43:37 AM »
I might have to POE when the new version comes out.  I did one play through a couple years ago.  Enjoyed it but there were some elements that were off putting.

Have you ever done anything from the Borderland series Grog?  It has a lot of the elements you enjoy.