Author Topic: General gaming chatter  (Read 54593 times)

syn

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 11
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
Re: General gaming chatter
« Reply #645 on: October 12, 2019, 02:30:03 PM »
What we need is one launcher to combine all the launchers...

>.>

was amused/irritated when the last patch for stellaris makes steam launch a paradox launcher rather than the game directly. launchers all the way down...
Patrick Dillon
@mpdillon
The true mark of a successful photo op is literally everyone involved spending the next 24 hours trying to walk back their part in it happening

Pixie

• Administrator
  • THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: October 14, 2019, 06:11:57 PM »
https://twitter.com/AllGamesDelta_/status/1183835850196561921?

Volition found the source code for Saints Row 2, and we're getting a patch to fix the PC port.

Holy shit, I'm excited. Woooooo!

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: October 14, 2019, 06:47:16 PM »
should have said "adding Steamworks" not just "we are patching"  ooo excitement!

Liquid Evil

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: October 18, 2019, 09:08:11 PM »
Started in on Trine 4 with a couple of buddies. I hadn't heard of this game or series as of a month ago, but it has a real Lost Vikings vibe. Anyone remember that Blizzard classic? Anyway, it's a 2D puzzle platformer style game for three players. Each of the three characters is unique and necessary for progressing as a team, and although you could alternate as you go if you'd like, we've stuck exclusively to our respective dudes so far. We made it into Act II today, and I figure there's still several hours to go. Fun with friends, but I imagine this could be painful solo.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: October 19, 2019, 01:20:36 AM »
Bought original red dead redemption for xbox360 to get an idea of it

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: October 24, 2019, 09:21:05 PM »
The Outer Worlds is pretty okay. So far, nothing to write home about. It's Fallout in Space, for sure, so if you want that, there ya go. Character creation options are super limited, but it's first person so most people won't care.

The first dude I shot, I hit him in the head (with my "light pistol") and his head blew off, then his arms and legs blew off in all directions. So, there's that.

Corpses have an annoying tendency to get lost in the tall grass. I guess they learned that from playing Oblivion or something. ;)

Kasferatu

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: October 25, 2019, 03:16:47 AM »
The Outer Worlds is pretty okay. So far, nothing to write home about. It's Fallout in Space, for sure, so if you want that, there ya go. Character creation options are super limited, but it's first person so most people won't care.

The first dude I shot, I hit him in the head (with my "light pistol") and his head blew off, then his arms and legs blew off in all directions. So, there's that.

Corpses have an annoying tendency to get lost in the tall grass. I guess they learned that from playing Oblivion or something. ;)

I'm kind of interested in Outer Worlds but it is an Obsidian game so I'll probably wait a year or two for the patches :D

What I'm really interested in recently and I had never heard of before is Disco Elysium!  It sounds fantastic.

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: October 25, 2019, 05:58:11 AM »

I'm kind of interested in Outer Worlds but it is an Obsidian game so I'll probably wait a year or two for the patches :D

What I'm really interested in recently and I had never heard of before is Disco Elysium!  It sounds fantastic.

By all reports and reviews, this one is decidedly unbuggy.

As for Disco Elysium, I have friends who are raving about it. Supposedly quite awesome.

Sssith

• Cookies: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: October 25, 2019, 10:50:42 AM »
I'll get to Outer Worlds at some point.  At the very least I will wait for Steam version.

Fallout in Space is good enough for me.

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: October 25, 2019, 03:00:01 PM »
I'll get to Outer Worlds at some point.  At the very least I will wait for Steam version.

Fallout in Space is good enough for me.

Steam version is a year away I think? I'm playing it on PC Gamepass. Do you have that? Worth a look. You can get it for a buck.

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: October 26, 2019, 10:14:35 AM »
Goddamn, I forgot how cult-y Obsidian fans are. I have been recently reminded. Yikes.  ::)

Kasferatu

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: October 26, 2019, 10:19:37 AM »
Well apparently Microsoft let me do another 1 trial of xbox pass despite already doing it earlier in the year so I might try out Outer Worlds after all!

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: October 26, 2019, 03:05:54 PM »
So EA is coming back to Steam. I assume it'll work like Ubisoft games do - you can buy them on Steam, but they'll still launch Origin (like Uplay).

That sounds cool. Getting my Origin games to play nice with Steam is a PITA I'd rather avoid.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: October 26, 2019, 11:07:44 PM »
I saw that and think its a lovely idea. My impression of them will go up if they do so.  Wonder how much back catalogue stuff never came to steam we might see?

Eg I have 3 need for speeds  that came to steam. I'd happily buy up more if I could (and assuming they actually let you play and not full of microtransactions lol

Sssith

• Cookies: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: October 28, 2019, 10:24:31 AM »
EA can suck my balls.

I am still mad that they control Bioware.

Having the games available in Steam is nice.  But forcing the launch of another launcher still sucks.  I guess it is a step in the right direction.

At some point we should have a discussion of which parent company sucks the most ******** (<- insert your own noun).

From least to most suckage?

Bandai > Nintendo > Warner Brothers >  Sony > Microsoft > Ubisoft > Take-Two >>>>>> NetEase >>>>>> Tencent >>>>> Activision >>>> EA

Not a very nuanced ranking but that was a quick stab at it.  Arguable that NetEase and Tencent should be higher (worse).