Author Topic: General gaming chatter  (Read 46816 times)

maxbeedo

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 5
    • View Profile
Re: General gaming chatter
« Reply #615 on: August 09, 2019, 02:25:33 PM »
Something I'm not digging at the moment is Poison's st.HP x QCB LP~LK stance cancel nonsense. I'm sure I'll get it consistently if I continue to play her, but forced stance cancels add an unnecessary execution barrier to truly play her to the fullest. Maybe it will be second nature soon, but right now it feels very unintuitive.

I agree, I probably won't pick her up for that reason (I've been holding on to just over 100k fight money to pick up one character... will probably pick Lucia, but I haven't decided).  However, that does mean that fewer players will really master Poison, which means she'll be exciting to watch should any top players actually pick her up.  Seeing Menat doing optimal V-trigger-1 combos, consistent and optimal Karin launches, etc., differentiates the true execution pros from the randoms. 

Pixie

• Administrator
  • THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: August 09, 2019, 04:16:57 PM »
I even finished Heavy Rain. And I almost never finish a game.

Sssith

• THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: August 09, 2019, 07:06:04 PM »
EVEN PIXIE FINISHED THAT GAME!

syn

• Cookies: 9
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: August 09, 2019, 07:20:00 PM »
Lol
Buttigieg on Trump: "It is the nature of grotesque things that you can't look away."  5/19/19

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: August 17, 2019, 04:38:26 PM »
Anyone remember Hellgate: London?

So, I've been playing Remnant: From the Ashes and this is like playing a fevered dream in which Hellgate: London and Dark Souls got together and spawned a demon child and that demon child grew up playing Fallout games. It is a glorious thing and I highly recommend taking a look. It's a $40 game with every bit of the appearance and polish of a AAA game. Lengthwise, it's said to be 15-20 hours, with at least 3 playthroughs needed to see all the things.

Kasferatu

• Cookies: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: August 17, 2019, 04:50:46 PM »
Anyone remember Hellgate: London?

So, I've been playing Remnant: From the Ashes and this is like playing a fevered dream in which Hellgate: London and Dark Souls got together and spawned a demon child and that demon child grew up playing Fallout games. It is a glorious thing and I highly recommend taking a look. It's a $40 game with every bit of the appearance and polish of a AAA game. Lengthwise, it's said to be 15-20 hours, with at least 3 playthroughs needed to see all the things.

Colour me intrigued!

I've mostly been playing around with PC settings, but now I'm mostly happy I've finally started Rise of the Tomb Raider.  Not particularly far through but I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #621 on: August 18, 2019, 07:08:00 PM »
Given that I love Hellgate despite its flaws I think I will have to look into this game.  Thanks for the heads up.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: August 27, 2019, 12:48:36 PM »
After finishing the 90s shadow warrior, Iím now playing duke3d. I have a feeling a long time back I did the original campaign. I have extra levels in the two versions I have on steam so doing both those and getting achievements as I go. Might finally try to finish duke nuke forever after!

syn

• Cookies: 9
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: August 27, 2019, 03:36:08 PM »
i've dumped way too much time this last week into Stellaris. seems like it's probably replaced my need to play alpha centauri/alien crossfire any more. definitely easy to lose track of time with this one, as my wife has let me know...
Buttigieg on Trump: "It is the nature of grotesque things that you can't look away."  5/19/19

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: August 27, 2019, 04:36:03 PM »
Just upgraded my PC so now I'm just eagerly awaiting Cyberpunk 2077 (is preordered!) so I can put it to the test. Nothing else out right now is stressing the hardware even a little. :D

Kasferatu

• View Profile
« Reply #625 on: August 28, 2019, 03:07:50 PM »
i've dumped way too much time this last week into Stellaris. seems like it's probably replaced my need to play alpha centauri/alien crossfire any more. definitely easy to lose track of time with this one, as my wife has let me know...

Stellaris is really rather good.  I haven't given it nearly the level of attention it deserves.

Kasferatu

• View Profile
« Reply #626 on: September 02, 2019, 03:24:08 PM »
Got totally distracted from Rise of the Tomb Raider by Frostpunk.   Damn this is a great game.  It probably isn't the most replayable, but it certainly has enough of an experience in it to justify its price tag!

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: September 13, 2019, 07:47:22 PM »
Steam profile of one of the princes of Saudi Arabia... he's a weeb. And drops $TEXAS on Steam items.

I am amused.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: September 18, 2019, 12:30:16 AM »
So now there is a Rockstar launcher, ... what we need, more launchers.  you can get GTA San Andreas currently for free which is great, but 15 years old now.

Also it supports some, but not all Rockstar games .. https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/360035474314/Rockstar-Games-Launcher-supported-titles

So not the first 2 GTAs from the top down .. but you can do the 3/VC/SA trilogy. .. but not 4 and Episodes.. but yes to 5.

Sounds odd ..

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #629 on: September 18, 2019, 10:35:40 AM »
Every company having their own launcher is a shitty situation.  Not sure what the solution is but I hate when I have to install uPlay as an example.  I keep Origin on the computer but only use it every once and a while.