Author Topic: General gaming chatter  (Read 44020 times)

Sssith

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 18
    • View Profile
Re: General gaming chatter
« Reply #540 on: May 14, 2019, 10:12:33 AM »
Nice.  But is it good?

Pixie

• Administrator
  • THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: May 14, 2019, 11:20:46 AM »
 ???

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #542 on: May 14, 2019, 05:25:36 PM »
lol...somehow I missed your post above the links.

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: May 14, 2019, 05:38:06 PM »
5 hours in. It's still absolutely phenomenal.

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: May 18, 2019, 06:54:59 PM »
I've been playing Titan Quest again, since they just kicked out yet another expansion last week. Who'd've thunk, 10 years ago, we'd be playing a new expansion for TQ in 2019?  ;D

Having more fun with it now than I did then.....

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #545 on: May 18, 2019, 07:59:14 PM »
The character moves so slowly in TQ.  I tried to replay it about a year ago and found it painful.

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: May 18, 2019, 10:05:18 PM »
The character moves so slowly in TQ.  I tried to replay it about a year ago and found it painful.

Play a build with faster movement. :D

But really, I don't think it's any slower than Diablo 3?

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: May 18, 2019, 11:40:28 PM »
Just played for another hour. Yeah, my character definitely moves as fast as I ever did in D3. I know they've patched a shitload and made some significant QoL changes... perhaps move speed was among them? You should give it another try.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • Cookies: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: May 19, 2019, 01:36:05 AM »
Tonight I finally finished a game first released at the end of 1995. The Master Levels for Doom2.
Iíve owned this since some time in the late 90s and itís only 22 levels but it comes in a horrible form where most of the levels arenít connected. They want you to play one then go back and do another. Over half of the levels are fine to play.  Some are challenging  and some are just stupid verging on pathetic, at least with keyboard only movement.   The Mephisto level made me stop for 2 years and the express elevator to help was my last one. Those narrow corridors with no room to dodge or hide just sucks.
Fuck Cranium. Almost of all his maps have some creative bits but are just shot to play

I see one of the authors John Anderson aka dr sleep recently died. I enjoyed his maps as I did Tim willits who is now the boss of Id software.

Itís a bit weird to finally have it done. I was going for 100% kills and secrets and while a YouTube video shows you where things are, to actually do it yourself is something else.

I think Iíll do it again one day but with the maps knitted together so there is only one pistol start.

Iíve got a bunch of other 90s ones  Iíll work on one day

Lego

• Administrator
  • THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: May 19, 2019, 04:25:17 PM »
Doom is definitely a mixed bag. The earlier levels are creative, but later levels tend to be over-sprawling messes that make you memorize the clusterfucks. Still amongst my favorite games of all time but the shareware levels really nailed it.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: May 19, 2019, 07:31:14 PM »
Doom is definitely a mixed bag. The earlier levels are creative, but later levels tend to be over-sprawling messes that make you memorize the clusterfucks. Still amongst my favorite games of all time but the shareware levels really nailed it.

it is interesting watching live streams of 30 levels, especially when others are part of a voice chat and sharing their thoughts for which levels they really dislike.  But as you say, if you know the levels, sometimes that can be half the battle.  Knowing a good order of where to go and when.  Otherwise you get tired of the monster closets and ambushes.

The difference between being lost and or face stomped with rage quits or performing is massive.  They don't make games how they used to :)

I've got this idea in the back of my head if I get an entire uninterrupted day, stream from Doom1 and see how far I could go ..

Darkness

• Cookies: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: May 20, 2019, 03:26:25 AM »
Playing 'Ruiner' on the PS4 following giving it a go on y friends Xbox. Refreshingly challenging for a console title and just on the right edge of frustration. It is quite frantic in places but, the bossfights require strategy and a few attempts to get them right. Great cyberpunk atmosphere and soundtrack.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: May 20, 2019, 09:26:38 PM »
So Epic goes for their first sale and actually has a cool idea to give them some credit "get $10 off its if more than $15 which is nice, but the more expensive the game, the less it is as a %". 
However then getting the devs saying, actually no, remove me from your sale, or take my game out of your store for a while .. FAIL lol

Shit this gets funnier!
https://www.kotaku.com.au/2019/05/epic-games-store-will-block-your-account-if-you-buy-too-many-games-too-quickly/
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 11:39:27 PM by Timinator »

Lego

• Administrator
  • Cookies: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: May 21, 2019, 05:02:44 PM »
What a clusterfuck of a store.