Author Topic: General gaming chatter  (Read 39613 times)

Lego

• Administrator
  • THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 8
    • View Profile
Re: General gaming chatter
« Reply #375 on: November 01, 2018, 06:19:58 PM »
Got on Amazon and got ready to order D3 for the Switch.

$59.99

That's just waaaay too much money for me to pay for Diablo at this point. I already have it on PS3.

I was really expecting $39-49. I can afford it, but I just can't justify it.

Damn.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 08, 2018, 04:08:55 PM »
I think I'm up to about 80% completion in Rise of the Tomb Raider on the toughest difficulty setting.  I'm pretty powerful and its normally jumping puzzles where I die.  Looking forward to the end of it!

Sssith

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 08, 2018, 04:28:26 PM »
Does 'Looking forward to the end of it!' mean you just want to get it done?  Or you are having fun and looking forward to seeing where it goes.

Personally I like the end.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 08, 2018, 04:38:39 PM »
Iíve seen the game end before.

mn4nu

• Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 15, 2018, 06:12:03 PM »
Hellgate London is now available on Steam for $9.74 (25% off the regular price of $12.99).  That's pretty cheap.

EDIT:
I just bought it and I am installing now.  I won't have much time to play it tonight, but I should over the weekend.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 06:19:22 PM by mn4nu »

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 16, 2018, 07:13:42 AM »
OK, so I played this new Hellgate London a little bit last night.  I didn't even clear the first zone, so I was basically just messing around, talking to NPCs and getting used to the gameplay again.  It is definitely different from the original.  The start is really different (station is not the same, quests are different, new things to do, etc.).  I think it is going to be fun getting back into this game after not playing it for so long.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 16, 2018, 11:09:03 AM »
I have to say that I am tempted to dip my toe back into these waters.  I really wish they would make a sequel.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 18, 2018, 09:30:06 PM »
I blame Tim.

He goaded me to play Rise of the Tomb Raider in Extreme Survivor Mode.  Just finished it.  Don't do it, not that I am really worried that you would.  The game play was a bit tougher than Survivor Mode.  The annoying thing is that if you die you go back to your last campfire.  For the most part this is not that big of a deal.  There are a couple points though were you have a long quest, followed by a battle, followed by hard jumping or quick time events.  It is the last thing that is miserable.  Screw that up and you have to go back to the beginning are do the whole thing again.  The biggest pain as the final battle which ends with some quick time events against the boss Konstantine.  I did that several times.  I got really good at defeating the helicopter.

Well I am done with Tomb Raider until the next one comes out in September.  Can't wait for that one.

Oh...another annoying side affect is that my Steam Profile was using the rare achievement display.  It would showcase the rarest achievements that you have done.  Because I did this all my achievements that are showing up there are for Rise of the Tomb Raider.  For what it is worth, the only 0.7% of players have the Extreme Survivor Mode achievement.  Gone are the other fun ones I had, like Zombie Chopper from HL2.  Ah well.  I need a new showcase (again, not that anyone ever looks at those things).

I blame Sssith for inspring me.  I'm up to the helicopter bit, but I've only had one failed attempt so far.  I've pretty much done 100% of everything else apart from some baba yaga documents.  I think I'll see if I can get some last upgrades.  I know I'm not too far off, and like Sssith, not looking forward to the QTE which got me in the noob difficulty last time.

I would recommend others give it a go.  Dying at a jumping puzzle or combat and having to go back to the campfire does suck but I've got this far.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 19, 2018, 07:08:18 AM »
Well good luck.

Hopefully you are fully ready for the fight ahead.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 19, 2018, 10:14:08 AM »
Played a lot of HGL over the weekend.  There are a lot of things that are the same, but there are a lot of differences too.  Some of the quests and the overall map are different.  I think it's totally worth $10 or $12.

Lego

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 21, 2018, 02:26:51 PM »
Getting ready to start my Red Dead journey. Picked it up for $1.99 at Gamestop for the PS3.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 21, 2018, 02:59:01 PM »
Getting ready to start my Red Dead journey. Picked it up for $1.99 at Gamestop for the PS3.

i'm part tempted to see if i can pick it up cheap for 360.  I got one years ago for rockband

maxbeedo

• Cookies: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 01, 2018, 11:47:46 AM »
Bought Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition on the Steam sale after seeing a bunch of updates to it (pretty buggy launch from what I saw).  I've been using parts of the campaign as inspiration for quests in my D&D campaign, so my trip down memory lane has a bit more function to it.  It's still got several graphical glitches, but it hasn't crashed after 20+ hours and loads pretty quickly, so I'm having fun strolling through the main campaign again, though it does get tedious at times in Ch. 1 and 2.

Lego

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 02, 2018, 12:51:33 PM »
I just love reading these old Computer Gaming World magazines. Reading a letter to the editor that states 48k ram gams are clearly superior to 16k ram games due to variability and enhanced AI, and which that the Apple 2 is better than the Atari 400. It's so interesting to me to see how far we've come.

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 02, 2018, 03:11:29 PM »
Mutant Year Zero is amazing. That will be all, thank you.