Author Topic: General gaming chatter  (Read 37525 times)

mn4nu

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 14
    • View Profile
Re: General gaming chatter
« Reply #315 on: August 25, 2018, 05:33:53 PM »
Diablo 2 session while mildly buzzed...
#GloryDays
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 05:38:02 PM by mn4nu »

Sssith

• THAC0: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 27, 2018, 09:54:21 AM »
lol....friends don't let friends drink and quest

I am in UVHM now in Borderlands 2.  Holy cow, it is like a different game.  When I play these games you always wonder why the bad guys never have good equipment.  Or at least decent equipment as, as we know, it is pretty damn easy to get equipment.  Well wonder no longer, just play UVHM and have enemies snipping you with elemental weapons while sporting equipment that gives them good shield and health regeneration.  Every battle takes a little thought and you have to be able to move and gun or you will be planted in the ground.

I am not yet sure how to feel about this mode, as it is tough.  Most of the times I really like it, and then you get to the scenario where you are planted four times in a row.  Moving more slowly.  Boss running to get better gear.  Slowly making head way.  Right now I am level 53.

maxbeedo

• Cookies: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 29, 2018, 01:34:19 AM »
Been trying to farm gear to survive gear with at least one character going into D2 Hell again (who can then farm for everyone else).  Had a Mace Frenzybarb kill NM Diablo and get a near-perfect Serpentskin Armor (35 resist, 12 MDR), and then when going through the Bloody Foothills had a group of 3 champion Demon Imps that dropped a Repeating Crossbow, Gothic Axe, and War Maul.  Not all super useful but pretty cool to see 3 uniques from the same champion pack.  Put the armor on my lightning Sorc, did a NM Baal run with her and a Seraph's Hymn dropped (a first for me).

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 31, 2018, 11:31:40 AM »
Seraph's Hymn is pretty rare, so that's a nice find.  I started again with a sorceress to use as a magic finder for everyone else.  It's worked out pretty good so far.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 31, 2018, 11:43:08 AM »
I continue to really enjoy playing Borderlands 2.  Humble Bundle had a sale and it was cheaper for me to buy the game of the year edition then but one of the DLCs.  The GOTY edition mean while had all the DLCs. 

So right now I am going through the pirate DLC for the first time.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 31, 2018, 11:53:16 AM »
I continue to really enjoy playing Borderlands 2.  Humble Bundle had a sale and it was cheaper for me to buy the game of the year edition then but one of the DLCs.  The GOTY edition mean while had all the DLCs. 

So right now I am going through the pirate DLC for the first time.

And I should note that I picked up the Legendary Siren Class mod...which seems just freakin' awesome.  Even better I got in a random loot chest in the Pirate DLC.

maxbeedo

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 03, 2018, 03:33:57 AM »
Been doing more Mausoleum runs to get the Hell gear I need.  Found an Ohm rune, the only "high end" rune I've found so far, but then took a break to get some other characters up to where they could maybe do the runs faster than my Pally.  Brought my Lightning Sorc into Hell to do Mausoleum runs (granted, she's using Blizzard for that since everything there is lightning-immune), and on her 2nd run she gets a near-perfect Crown of Ages (2 sockets, all resist +29, damage reduced by 15%), which I think is my first TC87 unique.  My Pally (or Barb) should find Hell much easier now.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 04, 2018, 10:33:30 AM »
I have mostly finished the Pirates DLC.  I am a bit annoyed in that I can't kill the Leviathan.  He is considered easy to beat and I get how to do it but he is doing massive damage with the rocks that he throws.  One hit brings my health all the way down and the next one kills me.  I think this is a factor in that I am doing this in UVHM.  I will try again when I get better equipment.

I also farmed two infinity pistols just so I have a weapon that won't run out of ammo.  Unfortunately both of them are base versions of the weapon and one day I might go back and try to farm a better one.

I am currently level 59 and rapidly approaching the level cap for the expansion that I have.  One more level expansion to buy if I want to continue.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 04, 2018, 11:59:42 AM »
Been doing more Mausoleum runs to get the Hell gear I need.  Found an Ohm rune, the only "high end" rune I've found so far, but then took a break to get some other characters up to where they could maybe do the runs faster than my Pally.  Brought my Lightning Sorc into Hell to do Mausoleum runs (granted, she's using Blizzard for that since everything there is lightning-immune), and on her 2nd run she gets a near-perfect Crown of Ages (2 sockets, all resist +29, damage reduced by 15%), which I think is my first TC87 unique.  My Pally (or Barb) should find Hell much easier now.
Wow, nice finds...an Ohm and a CoA!  I found a Sur rune in Lower Kurast yesterday.  I only need 1 more Sur, or 1 Ber to make the Infinity runeword.  That will really speed things up for my sorceress.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • Cookies: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 04, 2018, 02:10:02 PM »
I have mostly finished the Pirates DLC.  I am a bit annoyed in that I can't kill the Leviathan.  He is considered easy to beat and I get how to do it but he is doing massive damage with the rocks that he throws.  One hit brings my health all the way down and the next one kills me.  I think this is a factor in that I am doing this in UVHM.  I will try again when I get better equipment.

I also farmed two infinity pistols just so I have a weapon that won't run out of ammo.  Unfortunately both of them are base versions of the weapon and one day I might go back and try to farm a better one.

I am currently level 59 and rapidly approaching the level cap for the expansion that I have.  One more level expansion to buy if I want to continue.

End end fame bosses like that and all pathetic for the reasons you mention. Some of them you have to stand in damagaibg material so have to coop. Poor design for a so experience. The fights all took freaking ages. Canít remember anything good dropping

maxbeedo

• View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 04, 2018, 03:54:49 PM »
The only time the uber bosses in BL were fun for me was when I was with a friend that had been given a bugged shield with basically infinite regen, so they could stay alive while the rest of us died over and over.  We did this on Crawmerax in BL1 over and over just to see the 500+ items drop so we could spend 20+ minutes combing the field for cool stuff.  Never found a group to get through any of them in BL2.  No matter what gear I found I always died in 2 hits.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 05, 2018, 05:30:08 PM »
This is the first time that I haven't been able to beat a boss in BL2.  Though I guess the DLCs have a bunch that I haven't tried.

It is not much fun when this happens.  I am close to get past this but it has been an absolute pain.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • Cookies: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 05, 2018, 06:22:05 PM »
This isnít a boss. Itís an u er boss or a raid one they expected a big partyís to swoop onto. Not just one player where the ai will concentrate only on you ... and you are dead

maxbeedo

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 07, 2018, 02:53:18 AM »
More drops this week: Giant Skull from the Ancient Tunnels (+258 defense, 2 sockets, +27 STR), Ethereal 4 socket Dusk Shroud, regular 3 and 4 socket Dusk Shrouds, 4 socket Archon Plate, and a Djinn Slayer.  Still not sure how I've found a Giant Skull and a Crown of Ages before finding any other Exceptional or Elite Unique helm (besides one Peasant Crown).  Also my Paladin found a 2 socket Crown Shield pretty early on, which was great for a Rhyme, but I hadn't found a 2 socket paladin shield with decent resists with ANY character until I found one with +32 resist with no sockets that I luckily rolled 2 sockets with the cube, so now it can be a "better" Rhyme. 

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 08, 2018, 06:45:55 PM »
In D2 I found a Sur rune on a pit run, so I was able to cube a Ber.  I now have the runes to make Infinity!  However, I don't have a good weapon to put it in and I'm not going to waste those runes on something that isn't just right.  On the hunt for a 4 socket eth thresher, great poleaxe, or cryptic axe.  I've attempted to use the cube to add sockets to 3 or 4 plain eth threshers, but never got a 4 socket one.  I found a Stormspire too!