Author Topic: General gaming chatter  (Read 39512 times)

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 12
    • View Profile
Re: General gaming chatter
« Reply #285 on: August 06, 2018, 01:52:15 PM »
The Aussie accent grates for me among things. They say borderlands one may be remastered for newer consoles. But it works fine on pc.

Sssith

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 06, 2018, 01:54:38 PM »
What Aussie accent?  BL1 does not need a remake.  It was a fine game but the pacing wasn't right.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 06, 2018, 03:57:51 PM »
Pre sequel made by aussies.  I found of all the Borderlands games that after finishing, and I went for 100% so all the areas, side quests etc, that there was no way in hell I could do a 2nd character beyond the minimum i needed for achievements. 

I think they need some armour type loot, sure guns are good, but how often do you really get upgrades?

maxbeedo

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 06, 2018, 04:23:36 PM »
I never really minded the loot grind that much in BL1 or 2, being used to it from D2 after all.  The areas just aren't that interesting for the most part, and I genuinely hated where the story went for the last half of BL2 (partly because I mained Roland in BL1).  I've beaten BL2 twice but never stuck with it long enough to finish a 2nd playthrough to get to the level cap.

Not sure what I want to play now.  Been trying to find a group to fight the Behemoth crossover in Monster Hunter World, but every group seems to die insanely fast, even with me doing nothing but healing (been running a Light Bowgun with max level Wide-Range so my potions work on everyone).  SFV final yesterday at EVO was insanely good, with Problem X from the UK winning with Bison (against Tokido), making him only the 2nd UKer to win EVO in any game (last one in 2008), and they announced that the last 2 characters from this season, G and Sagat, would be released today.  Of course, that release comes with a hefty 13.4GB patch which is taking forever to download.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 07, 2018, 10:43:46 AM »
I am having a good time with my Siren so I will keep going.  Armor would be a good thing to have in the game.  At least in some form, other than just a shield.  Right now I in the Tiny Tina DLC and I am constantly upgrading my guns and trying to find the right balance.  One of the things that they got right is that, at least up to now, there is no perfect gun.  There seemingly is a negative for all of them.  It is not always more damage equals a better gun.  How fast, how accurate, does it block your vision as shoot, reload speed, magazine.  So many factors in what is a good gun.

The dialog in the game is fantastic.  Handsome Jack's way of thinking sadly mirrors how the GOP operates these days.  Don't like the narrative flip the script. 

As for not liking that they killed Roland, I would have been pissed if that had been Mordecai, as he was my character in the first.  I was pissed enough with Bloodwing biting it.

Pixie

• Administrator
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 07, 2018, 04:23:35 PM »
Oh there's definitely one perfect gun.

Play Gaige. Put everything in anarchy. Use a shotgun with just one shot per reload. Nothing else about it matters.

Pure, absolute, primal joy. Everything just melts in front of you.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 07, 2018, 05:04:01 PM »
yeah...that is the character I played the first time through and it was a blast.  Not very nuanced, but fun.

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 07, 2018, 05:36:50 PM »
yeah...that is the character I played the first time through and it was a blast.  Not very nuanced, but fun.

I see what you did there...

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 08, 2018, 04:52:15 PM »
I heard a rumour Red Dead Redemption 2coming to PC .. apparently its a good game series ..

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 09, 2018, 10:20:53 AM »
A series implies more than one: :P

That is a game I wish I had a chance to play.

sam_manzanza

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 09, 2018, 11:15:05 PM »
Haven't played Red Dead but everyone I follow online seems to think RDR2 is going to be very, very good. Looks nice. There's a poker mini-game too, which is pretty cool.

Anyone here with a Switch who's planning to buy Monster Hunter:Generations Ultimate? Would be great to team up and kill some baddies together when it comes out.

Personally I have just finished Octopath Traveller, which was a fine game but the lack of a cohesive story ended up being a bit of a drawback. I generally don't care too much about story but by the 3rd or 4th chapter of each character it got quite disjointed. Having the characters stories all take place in the same towns was a bit of a misstep as well, as the best part of the game was exploration, but being able to fast-travel to the next chapter added to the repetitiveness. It's a fine game, but it fell a bit flat about half-way.

Anyone played Hollow Knight? Or Dead Cells? Since Titan Quest is a buggy mess, I am really just treading water until the 28th when MH:GU comes out, so I'm looking for something to fill the void.

Kasferatu

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 10, 2018, 02:42:04 PM »
I just got around to playing and finishing Doom (the 2016 one).  I'm generally not much of a fan of FPS these days, but Doom is absolutely fantastic!

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 11, 2018, 04:47:31 PM »
Picked up Monster Hunter World for PC yesterday.

Spent a bazillion hours making a character but pretty happy with how she turned out. Now to see if the game is any good. I can say that out of the 14 (?) weapon choices, like 11 or 12 of them are stupid japanime oversized bullshit like buster swords and 150 pound axes, so that makes my weapon decision easier!

maxbeedo

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 13, 2018, 05:35:40 PM »
I did a thing yesterday... I reinstalled D2 :o. Hadn't played in 8-9 years, surprised to find my CD keys still worked, able to register it and download a newer version that works pretty well.  Started a Freezeadin, first unique I found was a Manald Heal, which was quite nice.  Found 4 Breast Plates, 5 Full Helms and 3 Broad Swords so far, farming Baal for Nightmare gear.  Feels like old times.

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 13, 2018, 06:16:03 PM »
Found 4 Breast Plates

... PTSD twitching commences ...