Author Topic: General gaming chatter  (Read 39357 times)

maxbeedo

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 4
    • View Profile
Re: General gaming chatter
« Reply #90 on: September 05, 2017, 02:11:11 PM »
in PvP : silence spell and the DLC spell which raises your encumbrance by a set percentage

Oh, you mean the 2 spells that the Astrologists in the Iron Passage and several DLC NPC invaders spam constantly?  >:(  I can see how they'd be pretty useful in PvP.

DS3 is worth playing.  I don't enjoy most of the areas in it, or its lore, but the boss battles are overall way better than 2.

Pixie

• Administrator
  • THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 15, 2017, 06:29:04 AM »
I reinstalled Hellgate London with the Revival Mod.

Forgot how much I loved this game.

There's a fan-made multiplayer version in the works (currently in a closed alpha mode, I believe). Color me intrigued.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 15, 2017, 10:59:26 AM »
I reinstalled Hellgate London with the Revival Mod.

Forgot how much I loved this game.

There's a fan-made multiplayer version in the works (currently in a closed alpha mode, I believe). Color me intrigued.

I had a steam pop-up saying that were playing this.  I thought to myself, whoa, now there's a game I haven't thought about in awhile.  I really liked the game too.  Let me know if you think it's worth trying out again.

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 15, 2017, 10:04:50 PM »
Well, it's still pretty great fun even after all this time. If you don't mind that it's single player only, go for it. :D

maxbeedo

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 17, 2017, 11:50:52 PM »
I played, and very much enjoyed Shadow of Mordor.  I found it got a bit repetitive but ultimately it was hugely enjoyable.  The fighting in particular was enjoyable and really flowed well.  I hope you enjoy it.

I don't think I enjoyed it as much as you, but it was alright.  It's actually pretty short for an open-world game, had 95% completion in less than 20 hours.  Lots of annoying little things kept it from flowing well, such as getting stuck for no reason on clearly flat terrain, the climbing not always working, and Orcs spawning out of thin air all the time everywhere (to a ridiculous extent).  The game got more fun after unlocking the Brand ability, but that's a while into the game.  Probably one of the few games I won't try to get all achievements, as some are a pain to set up (like trying to set up a Warchief with 5 branded bodyguards, they never seem to get more than 2 normally).

Sssith

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 18, 2017, 11:59:05 AM »
I almost never get all achievements in a game so I certainly never look at a game from that vantage point.  I also don't remember those glitches but it is too bad you experienced them.

Hellgate -- I really liked the game.  I even played the second version of the game that came out.  It is a pity how they were never able to iron out the problems with the game as the mechanics of the classes and story had so much potential.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • Cookies: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 18, 2017, 04:01:20 PM »
I got all the achievements in The Walkikng Dead season 1. However there are only two that you can possibly miss.  I'm keeping my telltale thing going by continuing Tales from the Borderlands.  I got up to the first achievement and got distracted by other shinies in the past.

@Maxbeedo, have you heard of this site? http://metagamerscore.com/

Personally with my amount of gaming time, I like to see myself climb my countries ladder, but dont push things.

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 18, 2017, 04:48:46 PM »
My weekly RPG gaming group is starting up a pen-n-paper RPG this week based on the Hellgate London setting. Using the Savage Worlds rule system. This seems like it could be a lot of fun. :D

maxbeedo

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 18, 2017, 05:24:26 PM »
My weekly RPG gaming group is starting up a pen-n-paper RPG this week based on the Hellgate London setting. Using the Savage Worlds rule system. This seems like it could be a lot of fun. :D

That does sound cool.  I never played Hellgate London but the setting looked awesome.  I've been in a group playing through the D&D 5E Out of the Abyss campaign which has a few similar elements (Demon Lords invasion instead of Devils, madnesses, etc.), which we have maybe 2 more sessions for before the climax.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 18, 2017, 08:44:49 PM »
That actually sounds pretty epic.  I hope you have a great time with it.

Ray Patean

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 19, 2017, 02:35:50 PM »
So, I feel like I've finally ascended to the PC Master Race. I got the final piece of my new computer today, and now I've risen! Or should that by Ryzen? Either way, I'm digging my new build!

Now, coming from an old 1gb graphics card I was never able to get into a game with top-notch graphics. Now, I have a GTX 1070 and need some suggestions of what I should play! I have Diablo 3 and Rocket League installed on my computer, and that's it. I've never been a huge fan of big, open world RPGs like Skyrim, but I'm definitely open to suggestions of good games that have come out in recent years.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 19, 2017, 06:04:46 PM »
Tomb Raider!

Very pretty and fun game.  There are a bunch of fun ones out there.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 19, 2017, 06:13:12 PM »
I haven't gotten around to Witcher III but that should  be a good one.  Prey is a newer FPS that is pretty as is the new Doom.  Hellblade is another to put on your list.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • Cookies: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 19, 2017, 07:06:56 PM »
What genres float your boat?  Your Steam Profile needs new games, you have only two on there :P  Wait till the sale. 

I think you've done most of what you'll do in D3.  It will run faster, but its still D3. 

Godji

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 1
  • Hatter than the Hat Madder
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 20, 2017, 08:26:32 AM »
You probably should limit the otherwise infinite choice by genre, but for the "WOW, MY EYES" effect of your 1070, you can look into Tomb Raider indeed, Witcher 3, the latest Doom which are three solid games (at the very least) and will make you enoy the benefits of a new CG.