Author Topic: General gaming chatter  (Read 38502 times)

Kasferatu

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 0
    • View Profile
Re: General gaming chatter
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2017, 07:14:27 AM »
I'm still investing most of my gaming time into Witcher 3.  Probably at 80-90 hours so far and still probably only between half and two thirds of the way through the game judging solely on the level of some of the quests in my log and the fact I'm currently level 20.

Pixie

• Administrator
  • THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2017, 08:52:56 AM »
Kentucky Route Zero is "All that and more" according to everyone I know who has played it.

Goat Simulator is good stupid fun for an hour.

Her Story gets nothing but rave reviews from friends.  Ditto for Stanley Parable and Grim Fandango.

Borderlands Presequel is... more Borderlands.

The Broken Sword series is good but it seems weird to only offer #5.

Sssith

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2017, 03:30:18 PM »
My survival mode FO4 is still going.  I am now level 64.  Doing BOS quests.  Getting closer to the end.

maxbeedo

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2017, 12:28:12 AM »
I've been playing Tales of Berseria pretty much exclusively now for the last 10 days or so. It's so darn good. I'm not generally a fan of JRPGs for lots of reasons, but this one has really clicked for me. And I'm in love with the characters.

I've been thinking of picking it up.  I picked up Tales of Xillia after seeing a review for it and was surprised how likable the characters were.  Bought the sequel and enjoyed it too. 

A couple hours into Nier: Automata and it hasn't really clicked yet.  The game taking over the camera control constantly is still bugging me, especially when it does it in the middle of a boss fight.  It can be fun exploring the world since movement is quick and gravity is not an obstacle, though the collect-a-thon seems to be strong with this one since a single weapon upgrade takes 5-10 of 4 different items that you can only find singles of scattered around the world (or as semi-rare drops from enemies).  It's not really clear what areas you are supposed to be in for your level, as I've run into NPCs I talked to before while there were level 10 enemies around, and those NPCs triggered quests with level 35 enemies.  Skill is still more important than stats, so I haven't died yet, but it takes soooooooo long to kill things above your level so it's not super fun.

Godji

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 1
  • Hatter than the Hat Madder
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2017, 05:59:50 AM »
Mostly playing Dragon's Dogma, which took me a little while to get into but that I'm now loving, and when I want something mindless, Vanquish, which despite being a typical third-person shooter, a genre I'm usually not really keen on, is so over the top and reasonably easy that I'm having a great time.
Oh, still playing some GTA online too when friends are available.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2017, 08:33:22 AM »
Started playing FO4 again, after nearly a year off.  Very fun.  I am too much of a scrounger and it makes progress slow.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2017, 01:16:46 PM »
Started playing FO4 again, after nearly a year off.  Very fun.  I am too much of a scrounger and it makes progress slow.

I have hit lvl 71...see if you can catch up.  :P

Overall I think the Brotherhood of Steel collectively have a broom shoved up their ass.  That said it is shaping up to be the most interesting story line.  Closing in on the end (finally).

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2017, 02:04:15 PM »
That isn't going to happen anytime soon.  I'm only lvl 26.  How do you like survival mode?

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2017, 04:29:39 PM »
That isn't going to happen anytime soon.  I'm only lvl 26.  How do you like survival mode?

It is a mixed bag.  Some of it gets incredibly tedious.  But the fights all have an extra edge that makes in fun.  But it seems you can carry less.  You get sick all the f*ing time.  I now have 10 endurance and I still get sick a lot.  You are always hunting for water and a place to sleep.  And nothing is worse than spending thirty minutes on some mission only to die at the very end.

It certainly is a challenged unmodded.

Pixie

• Administrator
  • Cookies: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2017, 05:52:17 PM »

It is a mixed bag.  Some of it gets incredibly tedious.  But the fights all have an extra edge that makes in fun.  But it seems you can carry less.  You get sick all the f*ing time.  I now have 10 endurance and I still get sick a lot.  You are always hunting for water and a place to sleep.  And nothing is worse than spending thirty minutes on some mission only to die at the very end.

It certainly is a challenged lot like punching yourself in the dick unmodded.

FTFY.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2017, 08:23:23 PM »
Punching your self in the dick is less painful.  :p

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • Cookies: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2017, 09:12:53 PM »
If you have small hands it would be less painful

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2017, 07:57:05 AM »
LOL!!  Sounds like the same kind of fun Darkness had with doing set dungeons in Diablo 3.  ;)

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2017, 11:14:15 PM »
Well I think I am done with FO4 for a while.  Completed the main quest at level 78.

Brotherhood was a bit more interesting than Railroad.

A small part of me is interested in playing melee character.  If I did it I would go the Institute plot line.  Good lord I don't like the institute.

I loved the commonwealth, but good lord it was a lousy main plot line.

maxbeedo

• Cookies: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2017, 11:04:36 AM »
Not sure Bethesda knows how to make a good main plot line ;), but yeah, the journey around their worlds are usually worth it.  I found the Brotherhood final mission to be the most fun, but I felt like only the Minutemen let you see any noticeable difference in the world. 

This is one of the best videos explaining the philosophy behind Star Wars, as shown through Kreia from KOTOR 2.  Watched it 3 times now, and it's brilliant. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z0S0Z8lUTg

Finished Ending "A" in Nier: Automata.  Gameplay still bugs me, hopefully playing as a different character now will make it more interesting.