Author Topic: General gaming chatter  (Read 85345 times)

Sssith

• THAC0: 15
  • Cookies: 23
    • View Profile
Re: General gaming chatter
« Reply #1155 on: March 10, 2021, 11:01:07 PM »
Building your own build is for people you have a couple hundred hours of game play under their belt.  You need to follow a build in the beginning, just no other way to get something that would work.  There is a definite pattern to the layout though, so it is hot as confusing as it seems at first.

So many different types of end game content.  It will be interesting to see if any of it holds my attention.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: March 15, 2021, 10:48:36 AM »
I have now progressed farther in the POE game than I did the first time.  Last time I played there was only 4 Acts.  There are now 10.  Act 5 is a new area that I had not previously seen.  After act 5 you get sent back and it seems you do the same 5 areas again but with different quests and some new NPCs.  Honestly that is a better option than completely rehashing the same content over and over as some ARPGs do.

Aside from that the game seems to have a lot of end game content.  A lot of it new some not.
  • Maps -- not sure on this one as it is new.  It seems most people focus on this
  • Delve -- not new I think.  I didn't do it last time.  You are in a mine exploring.  The deeper you go the better the loot and tougher monsters
  • Thieves Cove -- new I think.  You go on 'Heists'.  Not too sure of this one

There might be more.  Not sure.  This game is a bit bloated from this POV.  Certainly a lot to do if you find you end enjoy it.

Aside from that there are other, seemingly, more minor activities.
  • Prophesies -- not new
  • Beastiary -- new - you go on hunts to unlock crafting recipies -- I have not fully figured this one out
  • Hideout -- lots of areas have hidden hideouts that you can unlock.  An NPC then sets up an area were you can do special crafting recipes.  You find more recipes while questing.
  • Diviniation -- I don't think it is new, but I didn't figure it out last time and I still have not looked into it now

There is a stupid amount of stuff to do in this game.  Absolutely absurd.  So many of these things that you do have their own item collections that are associated with it.  You have maps, cards, essences, stuff for mining, coins for the thieves cove, gems for your skills, unique/legendary collections.  I am sure that I am forgetting some.

To think that they are going to release a second version on top of all of this.  Honestly I am not sure if I am plain overwhelmed by the content or impressed.

mn4nu

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: March 15, 2021, 04:29:43 PM »
Isn't that game free to play?

Pixie

• Administrator
  • Cookies: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: March 15, 2021, 04:31:29 PM »
Isn't that game free to play?

And still overpriced!

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: March 15, 2021, 04:55:59 PM »
Yes free to play.  Chances are that if you like the game you end up buys special stashes.

Aww Pixie, common.  You just don't like that the characters are locked in.

The game is very very good.  No regrets with this new play through.

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: March 15, 2021, 05:35:44 PM »
Aww Pixie, common.  You just don't like that the characters are locked in.

Yep, that's right. LOL. No game in 2021 has any excuse for doing this nonsense.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: March 15, 2021, 06:47:06 PM »
Donít look at d2 resurrected..

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: March 15, 2021, 09:26:59 PM »
Donít look at d2 resurrected..

Yeah, but that's a game from 20 years ago. It can be forgiven. It would be unreasonable to expect them to change it now.

maxbeedo

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: April 21, 2021, 10:29:10 PM »
Currently playing 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim.  It combines several Japanese genres, mainly Kaiju/Mech battles and High School Drama (most of the Mech pilots are high school kids), with a branching nonlinear story path for each protagonist.  It won Best Narrative last year and I could see it getting there given the complexity.  It's made by Vanillaware, which, if you remember Dragon's Crown, has some of the best 2D artwork around, albeit somewhat more "sexy" than is necessary (though it's not nearly as exaggerated here).