Author Topic: General gaming chatter  (Read 69800 times)

Pixie

• Administrator
  • THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 21
    • View Profile
Re: General gaming chatter
« Reply #1035 on: November 07, 2020, 10:15:38 AM »
https://blog.bioware.com/2020/11/07/happy-n7-day-4/

Mass Effect remaster finally "official" and coming in the Spring, and a new Mass Effect game in the works!

I AM SO EXCITE OMG WOOO I CAN'T BREATHE SOMEBODY HALP

/passes out/

Sssith

• THAC0: 15
  • Cookies: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: November 07, 2020, 10:43:44 AM »
Hopefully, they learned enough from Andromeda.  ME is my all-time favorite series.

I would love to play a remaster.  Not as sure about paying for one.  I have played each game at least three times.  Maybe if it has ray-tracing I might give it a try.  ;D

Right now I am back to playing Tomb Raider, just to check out the game with all the bells and whistles turned on.  It's a really pretty game.

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: November 07, 2020, 10:57:25 AM »
I've played it 12 times.

Am now reinstalling Andromeda by way of celebrating this being THE BEST DAY EVER! (for multiple reasons)

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: November 07, 2020, 12:27:21 PM »
Andromeda was a good enough game.  I had fun with it after they patched the shit of it.  It is a bit sad we will never get the full game series out of it.

I just installed GeForce now with 1 year membership.  Not sure what the point is of it.  I thought it would give me access to games, it doesn't seem to.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: November 10, 2020, 11:32:50 AM »
I am back to playing Witcher 3.  Overall I really like it, and the game is gorgeous on the GPU.  It is kind of nice to have one of the top cards on the market.  In the past I have always settle on one that was a notch below.

If I have criticisms of W3 it is that there is almost too much to do.  I am basically doing this based on the level of the task and I am now about three levels ahead of the task.  Of course, when I do do a task that is on level you have to approach the fight with the correct strategy.  It is not always obvious what that strategy should be.  The Bestiary does help, but not always.

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: November 14, 2020, 05:41:26 PM »
AC Valhalla is best AC.

There, I said it.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: November 15, 2020, 12:32:13 PM »
It looks a bit like a modern Skyrim.   Just from the trailers.

maxbeedo

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: November 27, 2020, 12:27:53 AM »
Finished Yakuza 4 a few weeks ago.  Story was pretty interesting up until right before the finale, but the finale itself was pretty meh and not satisfying.  About halfway through Yakuza 5 now, which now apparently has 5 different protagonists in 5 different cities, although there's not a ton to do that's new.  The first section as Kiyru was pretty good overall with some nice twists and actually getting to drive a car, but the 2nd with Saejima was f-ing garbage despite the snowy backdrops.  Granted, it covers 4 different locations, but they're all barebones with heavy restrictions on where you can move so it felt way too restrictive for 20+ hours of gameplay to feel like a Yakuza game, and the twist ending to it made no sense.  The 3rd part has you play as Haruka, when she's like 14-15, as she tries to become an idol, so the tone/gameplay shift is quite welcome.  It involves a lot of different rhythm, reaction and quiz games, instead of fistfights, and most are new, and it's nice to be able to wander around town without random encounters.

Thinking of buying various PSN games on sale, probably Nioh 2, Star Wars Squadrons, and maybe a few others.