Author Topic: Welcome to GamersOasis, again!  (Read 15862 times)

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to GamersOasis, again!
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2018, 06:30:02 PM »
Sometimes I find the forum better for seeing content you want to see and not being exposed to all the sundry stuff

Pixie

• Administrator
  • Cookies: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2018, 09:52:07 PM »
Oh absolutely. I much prefer the forum to facebook, especially since there's lots of things I'd say on a forum that I'd never say on facebook. Heh.

Someone really needs to convince Mic/Hupe/etc to get back to posting here.

Melchior

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2018, 12:25:25 AM »
I'm still here.

I don't like Facebook.

But I do like you guys.

Even Tim.

Sometimes.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2018, 09:49:46 AM »
Nothing like Oz/Kiwi love.

Orbert

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 145
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2018, 11:40:49 AM »
I spend too much time on Facebook as it is.  But one thing I try to do is control my Friend list, because it can get out of hand.  So one of my purges years ago introduced a new rule that I have to actually know the person in real life.  I was making lots of online friends (including many from here, and various predecessors such as the SP subforum of wherever we used to be -- I don't even remember), and it felt weird seeing pictures of people's kids, them hanging out with their friends, talking about stuff, and I've never met any of the people involved.

I have nothing personally against anyone here (at least that I can think of) but Facebook for me is more personal.  I know that it's different for a lot of people.  For many, Internet friends are just as "real" as folks they grew up with or work with or anything else.  I probably interact more with "online only" friends than my buds from school or my family, who are scattered all over the country.  But rules are rules.   :P

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2018, 01:50:38 PM »
I spend too much time on Facebook as it is.  But one thing I try to do is control my Friend list, because it can get out of hand.  So one of my purges years ago introduced a new rule that I have to actually know the person in real life.  I was making lots of online friends (including many from here, and various predecessors such as the SP subforum of wherever we used to be -- I don't even remember), and it felt weird seeing pictures of people's kids, them hanging out with their friends, talking about stuff, and I've never met any of the people involved.

I have nothing personally against anyone here (at least that I can think of) but Facebook for me is more personal.  I know that it's different for a lot of people.  For many, Internet friends are just as "real" as folks they grew up with or work with or anything else.  I probably interact more with "online only" friends than my buds from school or my family, who are scattered all over the country.  But rules are rules.   :P

I think the answer is obvious.  Get a $50000 loan, get on a plane, and go visit a bunch of us.  Make sure your passport is update too.

Orbert

• Cookies: 145
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2018, 07:47:13 AM »
Well... okay.  This better be worth it.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2018, 09:56:50 PM »
$50 000 question, who do you visit first?

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2018, 12:01:34 PM »
Me because he wants to go to Humbolt County.   ;D

Supermatt

• Cookies: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2018, 12:51:57 AM »

I had a recent cull of people on my FB friends list and my criteria for not being deleted was "If I was passing through the city where [insert name lives] or vice versa I would want to and would make time to have a beer with said person". People who I wouldn't make time to have a beer with got deleted.