Author Topic: All your Base Belongs to Me.  (Read 209 times)

Pixie

• Administrator
  • THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 12
    • View Profile
Re: All your Base Belongs to Me.
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2018, 04:03:40 PM »
But that's what Daddy Ryder did in the opening sequence. Cora even asked him about it. He explained it had to do with SAM. The game gave you this function and the in-game justification for it, expecting that you would take advantage of it - being able to instantly adjust your abilities to meet the needs of the current situation is what separates Ryder from, say... Shepard...

Godji

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 1
  • Hatter than the Hat Madder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2018, 03:28:28 AM »
Ryder needs to adapt to the situation. Shepard adapted the situation to him/her.

Sssith

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2018, 12:26:41 PM »
Yeah...I remember all of that explanation.  I still think it is stupid as all hell.  From the lack of replay-ability to just being stupidly OP.  From my vantage point it is just bad game design.  There is no nuance to this game.

Getting close to the end of the game. 

Pixie

• Administrator
  • THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2018, 12:44:18 PM »
Most gamers these days don't want replayability, especially in a 100 hour game. They want to be able to do everything with one character (see also: being able to be master of every guild in recent TES games). Once and done and see/do it all! Get 100% of the e-peen achievements! I guess it's not bad game design to pander to the larger audience.

Some of us like to have to make choices that preclude other ones, to have something to return to and do differently on a subsequent playthrough. Pretty sure we're the minority, though.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2018, 03:12:27 PM »
Yeah....I get you.  I would still argue it is bad game design.  Might not be a bad idea from a marketing stand point, but IMO bad game design.

D3 did something similar with the fact that you only had to build one character for each class.  But at least they didn't allow you to switch to from being a Demon Hunter to a Witch Doctor, which is essentially what you are doing here.  And yes I realize the two games are analogous.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2018, 09:59:18 AM »
Well all my planets are at 100%  Need to finish the Peebee, Liam, and Jaal loyalty quests.  Those three go on hold a lot.  Can't wait to kill the douche bag leader of the Roekaar Akksul.  It is possible that he escapes my clutches so he can be killed in a sequel.   Not that there will ever be a sequel.

I imagine that this was enough of a shit show that we will never get a sequel.  Pity as the idea behind the game had merit.