Author Topic: Anyone up for something new...ish  (Read 450 times)

Cluck Kent

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 5
    • View Profile
Anyone up for something new...ish
« on: February 18, 2018, 02:48:38 PM »
A couple of Weeks ago, SSB invited me to a four person meta MP game, running GR 120s. I have a support Monk which hadn't seen much action in a while but wanted to try so SSB helped me tweak some skills and attributes to make it simpatico with the latest meta and we were off.

Honestly, it was tough sledding for me. Old fingers, shrinking brain, but thank goodness we were on voice chat so the other guys could help keep me out of trouble. We only played for a couple of hours, but it was really interesting and rewarding. Playing meta characters in group is definitely a very different play style and I've been thinking ever since that it would be fun to have a clan group that could run meta builds a couple times a week. Not 120s - they require at least a couple of 3000+ paragon players - but no doubt we could clear 100s with a little practise.

I know SSB would be interested and could help with the builds as he has for me.

So what do you think? Anyone interested? If so, what time during the week / weekend could you be available? If we could get another 4-5 people besides SSB and myself, we'd likely always have enough people available to fill a group of 4 a couple of times a week. Of course, the more the merrier.

As mentioned, I don't play much meta but know that all groups require a Monk and a Barb for support. The Monk stays close to the main group and mainly provides damage reduction. The Barb is more of a scouting character and mob builder but also provides damage reduction. Damage characters usually include a trash killer, like the Firebats Witch Dr. and an elite killer like the Necro.

There are definitely some variations here, but SSB and the leader boards will have better and more specific information. This post is simply to gauge interest.

Would be Softcore on the NA server - at least to begin with. 

Anyone interested?

Ray Patean

• THAC0: 20
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone up for something new...ish
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 05:59:15 PM »
I'm game, but can't really commit to specific times. My wife just had our second kid, so yeah, sleep is in short supply!

I'm starting to put together a Firebats WD, I probably have the pieces to put together a zdps Barb, and some other classes that are less meta but still decent.

I may have more time in a few weeks, as we get the baby into a good schedule.

Sssith

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 08:52:42 PM »
It is an interesting idea but I am no where even near 100 GR and I am not great at MP.

Best of luck, it does sound interesting.

dave in the basement

• Cookies: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 06:43:08 PM »
I'd be up for trying it out here and there. Of course my playstyle and gear may not be up to snuff, but I'll try not to suck on purpose.  ;D

Cluck Kent

• THAC0: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 07:22:34 AM »
Thanks for the replies. The idea isn't to be competitive, it's to have some fun with a play style many of us aren't familiar with.

hurtlocker

• Cookies: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2018, 08:46:47 AM »
I get lots of distractions when I play, so its hard to commit. If I see you guys online I will try.