Author Topic: What are you watching?  (Read 10163 times)

syn

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 11
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
Re: What are you watching?
« Reply #120 on: March 01, 2020, 08:58:20 PM »
I was pleasantry surprised by that one as well. Have probably seen it 3-4 times now thanks to the kids. They’ve both decided to start blurting our “Samantha” at random times.

Saw cage’s version of “color out of space” last night. Excellent B movie.
All medicine is deception.
If you have tests, appear not to. If don't have tests, claim you have one million.

-Dr. Sun Tzu, M.D.

Sssith

• THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 01, 2020, 11:24:27 PM »
Just got done with Better Call Saul, I want to say season 4.  Very good.  Very different than Breaking Bad.  Though worth watching.

Just started Season 2 of Altered Carbon.  If you have not seen the first season do yourself a favor and dig in.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 02, 2020, 11:39:46 AM »
Season 5 of Better Call Saul is airing on AMC now.  I really like that show.  Haven't watched any of season 5 yet though.

syn

• aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 18, 2020, 10:46:47 PM »
finished season 4 of the expanse a few days after it was released. thumbs up. wish it wasn't so long between seasons.

currently watching Star Trek Picard. released weekly so is lasting longer. it's gotten criticism for "not being star trek" and for being too slow, but i'm enjoying it quite a bit. be prepared for a lot of character development and a slow build.

just started Devs, written/directed by alex garland. if you liked ex machina or annihilation (two of the best science fiction films of recent years, if you haven't seen them), you shouldn't miss this. 3 episodes in, hooked.

i will get back to altered carbon at some point. i got about half way through season one some time last year and then got sidetracked. it's on my list, tho.
If you have tests, appear not to. If don't have tests, claim you have one million.

-Dr. Sun Tzu, M.D.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 19, 2020, 08:37:15 AM »
Finished Altered Carbon.  Not as good as the first season but still enjoyable.

Finished The Mandalorian.  Enjoyable but meh acting and writing. 

Netflix's Dracula.  I have only seen the first episode and it was really good.  Dark and gruesome.  Dracula is evil.  Which is as it should be.  Done by the people who did Sherlock, which is another show I really liked.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 19, 2020, 08:37:58 AM »
Finished S2 of Altered Carbon the other day.  Good show, well worth watching.

syn

• aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 24, 2020, 04:13:02 PM »
CBS all access is free this month. time to binge picard if you're interested. season finale is this thursday so you'll be able to get the entire season.

-Dr. Sun Tzu, M.D.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 24, 2020, 05:09:58 PM »
Finished watching Dracula and it was very good as a whole.  Episode 1 > 2 >> 3.  That said all very enjoyable.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 24, 2020, 05:35:32 PM »
CBS all access is free this month. time to binge picard if you're interested. season finale is this thursday so you'll be able to get the entire season.
Thanks for that tip.  I will definitely check this out.

syn

• aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 03, 2020, 10:37:20 AM »
  Episode 1 > 2 >> 3. 

this seems like a common pattern for Moffat. starts strong and then goes off the rails (sherlock, dr who). watched/liked ep 1 of dracula.

also finished season 3 of ozark. thumbs up.

-Dr. Sun Tzu, M.D.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 03, 2020, 10:50:54 AM »
I still liked all the episodes of Dracula.  Sherlock is a favorite but the first season was best.  Dr. Who? Never heard of it.

Finished watching Tiger King.  What a shit show that was.  Depressing statement on humanity.

Watching The Office for the first time.  Overall good, but I don't enjoy all the cringe worthy moments, of which each episodes have at least a couple.  It is full of fremdschämen.

Watching Lost in Space, which I find to only a bit enjoyable.  Almost done with the second season.  It is something to have on while working on a puzzle.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 03, 2020, 01:50:20 PM »
Dr who is a bit of an acquired taste. From a distance you look at it and think wait what?

The current 2 seasons have a shit writer. And millions have dropped the show during the season.

I have physically fallen asleep during this season. Even the final.

If you were to start, I’d suggest the ones from 2005 with Christopher eccleston. The show has different actors playing exactly the same character over time. But each has different personality quirks.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 03, 2020, 04:19:24 PM »
also finished season 3 of ozark. thumbs up.

We'll be watching that soon.