Author Topic: What are you watching?  (Read 9003 times)

Silverthorn

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 2
    • View Profile
Re: What are you watching?
« Reply #105 on: October 29, 2019, 03:12:47 AM »
Watched the first installment of HBO series "the Watchmen".
Found it rather incoherent, but maybe that was my slightly enebriated state.
Some cool fight scenes though.

Sssith

• THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 29, 2019, 09:45:31 AM »
Decided to give Gotham a try and I have been pleasantly surprised so far.  No clue if this will keep my attention.

Recently finished watching Glitch, which is an odd, three season show out of Oz-land.  Overall worth a watch if you can't get a handle on what else to watch.

Also recently re-watched The Lord of Rings.  I can confirm that it is still epic awesome sauce.

Waiting for the next season of Expanse, drops in a month I think.

syn

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 10
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 29, 2019, 03:15:24 PM »
Watched the first installment of HBO series "the Watchmen".
Found it rather incoherent, but maybe that was my slightly enebriated state.
Some cool fight scenes though.

it wasn't just you. seemed like there was a lot of assumed knowledge there. but it was interesting enough that i'll watch a few more episodes at least.

lots of other stuff coming up i'm interested in (the expanse, picard, his dark materials). new trailer for the mandalorian came out yesterday that looks great, but i'm not going to subscribe to disney for that. maybe if i finish everything else and get desperate...

bit of a dry spell in the theater recently. wife and i ended up seeing downton abbey a couple weeks ago for lack of anything more appealing to either of us. it was enjoyable enough in a very forgettable way. would not recommend for anyone that didn't watch or like the series.
Buttigieg on Trump: "It is the nature of grotesque things that you can't look away."  5/19/19