Author Topic: What are you watching?  (Read 9021 times)

Lego

• Administrator
  • THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 10
    • View Profile
Re: What are you watching?
« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2019, 09:42:22 PM »
Oh no :(

dave in the basement

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2019, 08:32:19 AM »
Heading to see Shazam tomorrow morning. It looks fun, and hopefully it will be!

Sssith

• THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2019, 09:37:25 AM »
Cowboy Bebop is going to be a live-action Netflix series. I am totally unsure how I feel about this.

Based on what they did to Death Note you guys are in good hands.

*sbnvl*

Nah...to hell with that.

*laughs uproariously*

maxbeedo

• Cookies: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 13, 2019, 10:35:41 PM »
Just got home from seeing What You Leave Behind, which is the Star Trek Deep Space Nine documentary.  Special showing in theaters just tonight, but it'll be on DVD/Blu-ray in August.  Pretty great overall, with a lot of cool stuff, lots of interviews, and having the writing team write a hypothetical present-day Season 8 Episode 1, where the characters and the show would be 20 years later.  Was very meta too, with a lot of in-jokes during the credits about what couldn't make it in.

mn4nu

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 14, 2019, 04:38:30 PM »
Almost done with season 3 of the Last Kingdom on Netflix.  I like it.

Just got home from seeing What You Leave Behind, which is the Star Trek Deep Space Nine documentary.  Special showing in theaters just tonight, but it'll be on DVD/Blu-ray in August.  Pretty great overall, with a lot of cool stuff, lots of interviews, and having the writing team write a hypothetical present-day Season 8 Episode 1, where the characters and the show would be 20 years later.  Was very meta too, with a lot of in-jokes during the credits about what couldn't make it in.
I just got done binging all of the DS9 epsiodes on Netflix about 3 weeks ago.  I hadn't seen it for years, and loved watching them all again.  I think DS9 was my favorite Star Trek series.

maxbeedo

• Cookies: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 15, 2019, 04:43:44 PM »
I just got done binging all of the DS9 epsiodes on Netflix about 3 weeks ago.  I hadn't seen it for years, and loved watching them all again.  I think DS9 was my favorite Star Trek series.

I was always way into it when it was on, but I can understand how this documentary showed how much the actors felt marginalized because they were never shown on their own.  There was always TNG or Voyager on at the same time, and apparently Paramount always treated them as 2nd class for "not being real Star Trek", and they were mostly only shown the worst of the reviews and internet comments about them (which they read many in the doc).  The "planet of the week" style of the other series works for entertainment for casual fans, but the serialized form of DS9 is way better at telling meaningful stories and teaching allegorical lessons about humanity.  Of course, being serialized has also made it age pretty well, considering our ability now to binge watch everything through streaming.  With Paramount not really backing them as much as they should have, they had a lot of problems of affiliates dropping the network or shifting around the air time constantly in the later seasons, so it was hard to get the whole continuous story until the DVDs came out (which were like $140 per season).  Time has been and will be good to DS9.

syn

• aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 03, 2019, 06:10:13 PM »
godzilla. i liked the previous one, but this was terrible. some awesome images, and Ghidorah looked fantastic, but you can get that from a few stills from the trailers. actually struggled to stay awake in the middle, and i almost never do that.

saw john wick parabellum a few weeks ago. not a great movie, but for some reason it was ridiculously entertaining.

watched the first episode of good omens as well. heavy on the exposition, as might be expected. looking forward to continuing.
Buttigieg on Trump: "It is the nature of grotesque things that you can't look away."  5/19/19

Pixie

• Administrator
  • THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 05, 2019, 08:52:32 PM »
saw john wick parabellum a few weeks ago. not a great movie, but for some reason it was ridiculously entertaining.

Hint: the reason was Keanu. ;)

syn

• aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 05, 2019, 09:11:10 PM »

Hint: the reason was Keanu. ;)

not wrong. he's found his niche.
Buttigieg on Trump: "It is the nature of grotesque things that you can't look away."  5/19/19

syn

• aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 20, 2019, 06:59:09 PM »
Picard trailer.

so i'm excited about this, even though the trailer's more spoilery than it should be.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 20, 2019, 11:14:38 PM »
Only on CBS monthly payment channel.  :(

syn

• aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2019, 12:03:06 PM »
yeah. at this point it's 'shut up and take my money' for me...

mn4nu

• Cookies: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2019, 04:18:21 PM »
That looks awesome!

syn

• aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 22, 2019, 09:06:13 PM »
expanse season 4 trailer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNIim3xqsEU

sort of a "prometheus done right" flavor to it. amazon prime this year. god help me if i had to choose between this and the picard series.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 23, 2019, 09:55:03 AM »
Anyone who is a scifi fan needs to watch the Expanse.  So much fun.  I am really looking forward to the next season.

Just finished watching Season 3 of Stranger Things.  Overall it was the worst of the 3 but still enjoyable.  The ending was pretty good at least.