Author Topic: What are you watching?  (Read 12920 times)

Sssith

• THAC0: 15
  • Cookies: 22
    • View Profile
Re: What are you watching?
« Reply #150 on: September 17, 2020, 11:55:42 AM »
The Mandalorian is fantastic good enough! Do give it It is worth a watch.

Fixed.  :)

mn4nu

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 17, 2020, 03:45:03 PM »
Mandalorian is good.  Be sure to watch Rogue One, or again if you've already seen it.  The best Star Wars movie for me.

Pixie

• Administrator
  • Cookies: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 17, 2020, 04:26:50 PM »
The Mandalorian is fantastic good enough! Do give it It is worth a watch.

Fixed.  :)

Ur weird. :P

And yes, Rogue One is best Star Wars movie.

Sssith

• THAC0: 15
  • Cookies: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 18, 2020, 10:13:53 AM »
I love Rogue 1.  But New Hope - Empire Strikes Back > Rogue 1 >>>>>>>> the rest.

The original and Empire will forever hold the top spot.  I still remember the utter joy of coming out of the theater having just watched the original.  I was 8 years old, the perfect age for it.  It forever warped my brain.

Pixie

• Administrator
  • Cookies: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 18, 2020, 02:23:09 PM »
I love Rogue 1.  But New Hope - Empire Strikes Back > Rogue 1 >>>>>>>> the rest.

The original and Empire will forever hold the top spot.  I still remember the utter joy of coming out of the theater having just watched the original.  I was 8 years old, the perfect age for it.  It forever warped my brain.

Yeah, I'll grant you that, for pure nostalgia love, they are tops. I saw both in the theaters, New Hope back to back (my grandmother took me and we stayed through the credits and watched it again - I have no idea how. I was like 5 years old).

But watching them all now? The first one especially doesn't hold up as well. Still fun. Just... not the same. Rogue One just feels more epic, more in touch with the whole Star Wars universe, and had a better droid sidekick. lol

mn4nu

• Cookies: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 19, 2020, 07:46:41 AM »
I barely remember seeing New Hope in the theater.  My parents took our whole family to see it.  That is the only time I remember the whole family ever going to see a movie.  Like you guys, I think I was 5 or 6.  Darth Vader was the coolest thing for the longest time after that movie came out.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 20, 2020, 05:34:16 AM »
Tenet: Excellent movie. There were bits I'm sure I'll need a second viewing to pickup.  There were bits I went Aha! when I put a few things together.  It was also cool that the trailer showed things out of context, and not all the things, so doesn't give away key things, just a few bits of "ooh this should be good" but followed up with "woah, they didn't mention that would happen!