Author Topic: What are you watching?  (Read 11909 times)

Sssith

• THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 22
    • View Profile
Re: What are you watching?
« Reply #135 on: April 19, 2020, 01:08:29 PM »
That reminds me of when I recommended Iron Giant for my wife to watch with the kids while I was on a business trip.  She called me with 10 minutes left with her and the kids bawling.  She was yelling at me and telling me what an awful person I am.  I told her to wait and see what happens in the final ten minutes.  I still get yelled at about that recommendation from time to time.  It's only been about 10 years for them to get over it.

Finished watching third season of Ozarks.  It was good.  My wife loves it.

On the side, I have started watching Big Mouth.  So funny and so inappropriate.

syn

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 11
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 19, 2020, 11:19:48 PM »
That reminds me of when I recommended Iron Giant for my wife to watch with the kids while I was on a business trip.  She called me with 10 minutes left with her and the kids bawling.  She was yelling at me and telling me what an awful person I am.  I told her to wait and see what happens in the final ten minutes.  I still get yelled at about that recommendation from time to time.  It's only been about 10 years for them to get over it.

;D

seems reasonable.

mn4nu

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 20, 2020, 06:29:06 PM »
Finished watching third season of Ozarks.
We finished that up last week.  It was good, but Wendy and her brother annoyed the hell out of me this season.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 21, 2020, 02:16:23 PM »
Wendy always annoys me.  I thought the acting for the brother was well done but his story line is too prominent.

Interestingly my wife is re-watching the first season and they foreshadow the story with the brother in a small way.

Dust

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 03, 2020, 04:02:34 PM »

My 3 year old watches the iron giant all teh time. Which bit is the bad bit?

It rained for three days straight here over the weekend. Mr 3 now dances his way through the blues brothers (and yes, I'm taking the discussions about rude words on the chin)

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 04, 2020, 11:18:28 AM »
A bit of a spoiler....but the movie is somewhere around 20 years old..

At the end Iron Giant sacrifices himself to destroy the missile.  To all appearances he is dead at that point.  It ends when you see the pieces of him trying to self repair.

Dust

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 05, 2020, 10:52:33 AM »
Oh right, that bit.

My little guy doesn't mind that bit. He knows that the giant 'is helping everyone'.... and it probably helps that daddy gives him a cuddle about then too.

I see what you mean now.

Dust

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 18, 2020, 09:20:44 AM »
It occurs to me that the non-Australian members of this board who occasionally watch kids TV might not have heard of Bluey.

It may be the best aussie TV export ever. It's certainly my favourite show to watch with my 3 year old.

I highly recommend seeking it out wherever you are if you have kids. You may even be able to download one of the really really good episodes from random internet places.

mn4nu

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 26, 2020, 10:37:36 AM »
I've been watching Star Trek Discovery on CBS All Access.  I've watched all the Star Trek shows, and while I liked them all, this ranks up there with DS9 as being my favorite.  There are some things that you wonder about, considering this takes place about 10 yrs before the original Star Trek series, but I am sure there are timeline explanations online for things that don't seem consistent.  I plan on watching Picard after this.

syn

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 11
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 26, 2020, 02:37:28 PM »
I've been watching Star Trek Discovery on CBS All Access.  I've watched all the Star Trek shows, and while I liked them all, this ranks up there with DS9 as being my favorite.  There are some things that you wonder about, considering this takes place about 10 yrs before the original Star Trek series, but I am sure there are timeline explanations online for things that don't seem consistent.  I plan on watching Picard after this.

+1. well maybe not my favorite, but definitely near the upper end of the pack.

you might be pleased to know that a spinoff with pike/spock/#1 has been confirmed.

edit: i really liked Peck as Spock. better than Quinto from the rebooted movies by far. the writing probably helped.