Author Topic: So I fired up D2 again  (Read 2673 times)

Melchior

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 4
    • View Profile
Re: So I fired up D2 again
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2018, 12:00:53 AM »
You guys.....are making me feel the D2 itch again.

Y'all playing 800x600 or what?
I really can't play without higher res and the high res mod stopped working with 1.13 IIRC(?)

maxbeedo

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2018, 01:43:09 AM »
I am running zero mods on 1.14b, so yes, 800x600.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2018, 02:56:08 AM »
Melchy. I hear d2 remastered will be announced on Saturday morning our time. It will do 1024x768

Melchior

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2018, 08:23:25 PM »
Excellent.

Will that accept my old D2 serial? I should think so

maxbeedo

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 31, 2018, 12:25:29 PM »
I suspect if they do a D2 Remastered it would be a "new" product you have to pay for, much like Starcraft Remastered, but they might make the original free for download like they did for SC.

My Barb has been switching armors frequently the last few days.  I had been wearing a Steel Carapace as he was my only character with the strength to use it, but then he finally hoarked a Skullder's Ire (my 1st), which he obviously put on immediately.  Just a few minutes ago though, a boss group in the WSK finally dropped the Immortal King's Soul Cage, completing his IK set.  The debate then becomes do I keep using Skullder's for the MF (his primary purpose), or use IKSC thus freeing up several charm slots that were being held by resistance charms.  The tiebreaker might be the somewhat annoying "Freezes Target +2" that the gloves get with the complete set, making him shatter 90+% of corpses preventing me from hoarking at all.

mn4nu

• Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 31, 2018, 01:08:26 PM »
Max, big congrats on finding the Griffon's Eye and the Death's Fathom, both super rare items.  I'd respec to cold on the sorc and give the griffon's to a javazon.

maxbeedo

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 31, 2018, 02:26:06 PM »
I definitely plan on using the Griffon's on a Javazon, I even have a 5/5 Lightning Rainbow Facet ready to go in it, but I'm also missing Titan's Revenge or Thunderstroke to really make one effective.  I have a few Demon's Arches and a Wraith Flight but neither are quite as good as the Amazon javelins.  My only Amazon right now is a Bowazon, which I could respec but I have all her gear set up already for Bows, so I'm basically waiting until I find a Titan's before starting another Zon.

maxbeedo

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2018, 07:36:21 PM »
Nothing too crazy with drops over the weekend, though I did complete several sets.  Was missing the M'avina's bow, the Trang-Oul's wing, the Sazabi sword, and Aldur's armor and all dropped over the course of 2 days, so I'm only missing 10 set items total now (3 Cow King set, Tancred's Boots, Bul-Kathos Sacred Charge, Natalya's Mark, Griswold's Valor and Honor, Sander's Paragon, and Tal's Ammy).  Down to missing 80 uniques as well.

Respec-ed my Elemental Druid to a Wind Druid, who is at the end of Normal.  It's fun watching the lvl 28 Hurricane demolish Players 5+ monsters before they can get to me without even needing to use the wind skills, but that'll change obviously in parts of NM, though I may run Normal Cows with him for a few days since he just has to run to kill things to see if he can find at least 1 part of the Cow set.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2018, 08:16:07 AM »
Wind Druid destroys things in NM too.  Make spirit in a crystal sword and you won't regret it.

maxbeedo

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2018, 12:02:02 PM »
Can't use ladder-only runewords in SP without mods, which I won't use.

maxbeedo

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 13, 2018, 01:01:56 PM »
Grail-finding has certainly slowed down quite a bit now that I'm under 80 items to find.  Found a Head Hunter's Glory, 3x Arioc's Needle (all with +2 skills :( ), and a few stray exceptionals I was missing, but otherwise the drops haven't been good at all.  Did 30 Baal runs in a row on Players 3 where he dropped no unique or set items with ~400%MF.   I'm also randomly up to 42 rare Templar Coats without finding a Guardian Angel for whatever reason. 

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2018, 09:20:34 AM »
Yes item hunting certainly slows down once you get to a certain point.  30 Baal runs without a set or unique and that much magic find seems really unlucky.

I'm still trying to get a Paladin torch.  I've got at least 1 for every class besides the paladin.  No good finds to report lately, although the countess dropped a Mal rune and a Harley the other day.  I have 2 Sur runes, and 1 Ber rune right now, so I am a Ber rune away from making Enigma.  That would be awesome to be able to make that.

maxbeedo

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 14, 2018, 03:32:40 PM »
Yeah, at least 7-8 of those Baals didn't drop a single magic-able item, just stacks of gold, arrows and bolts.  Really awful runs, but I guess that's RNG for you after finding the Griffon's + Ethereal Harlequin's a few weeks ago.

I really should farm for runes at this point.  Run the Countess, maybe run the Council too with my Barb for maximum hoarking.  Making that 1st Enigma seems to vault all the streamers and youtubers from "I'm a n00b with no good items" to "I'm a god who leaves Tomb Reavers and Death's Fathoms on the ground unless they're perfect".  I'd also take an Ist for a Call to Arms and a Vex for a Heart of the Oak.  I have 4 Mals, 3 Ohms and 3 Los, so I could cube 2 Mals for an Ist I guess.

maxbeedo

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2018, 10:58:20 PM »
Heh, after 30-40 LK runs, I finally found the Ist I needed to make a Call to Arms... then I realized after looking through my mules that I didn't have any low-req 5-socket weapons to put it in (just 2 Phase Blades that need 136 Dex), so I went back to farming.  I was looking for Crystal Swords or Flails, but the first thing that dropped was a Military Pick :-/.  And then, of course, it rolled poorly, 3/1/4 on skills (the 1 being Battle Orders), making it pretty weak to use, but at least I have one now.

Did find a Stormspire hoarking a witch in the WSK though, which would be a huge accomplishment if this were still 1.09. 

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 16, 2018, 07:09:05 AM »
GG Max!