Author Topic: Non seasonal progression thread  (Read 22292 times)

Melchior

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Non seasonal progression thread
« Reply #210 on: March 19, 2019, 08:32:37 PM »
NECROPOOOOST

I'm out of seasonal and back playing non-season Hardcore, for fun and profit (and despair).

Currently tweaking/improving my Helltooth WD (moved up leaderboard from ~300 to ~200), still have a lot of gear improvements to make and Paragons to grind. I don't expect to top the boards but it is a decent measure of progress.

Also started a crusader and have just got up to lvl70, with the intention of using the Blessed Shield/Captain America build recommended by someone on the forum (sorry I forget who).

Anyone else playing offseason or HC?

Sssith

• THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 20, 2019, 09:45:13 AM »
I play...but not often.

Lego

• Administrator
  • Cookies: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 20, 2019, 05:14:17 PM »
Same here. My game is non-seasonal. I try to pick it up, but I get tired of doing the same thing over and over again.

Melchior

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 21, 2019, 07:39:20 PM »
Same here. My game is non-seasonal. I try to pick it up, but I get tired of doing the same thing over and over again.

It does get repetitive. You need goals, which the Seasons do well. I mostly try to improve my GR for each build and move up the leaderboards, with no expectation that I will ever be at the top end. It's a lot more fun playing with someone else though.

Melchior

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 09, 2019, 09:23:04 PM »
I am back to playing my HC Necro using Rathma set and skellies/mages. Currently sitting at T13/GR60 and having trouble pushing higher. Have like 1mil health and 1200+ resists, using Esoteric gem and Aquilla's Cuirass, but I still take sooo much damage.

Trying to get the Dayntee's Binding belt for the DR. Have been through at least 5000 bloodshards, and still haven't got it :(

Damage seems lacking too though TBH. Using the Jesseth set and cubed the scythe that gives dmg per point of essence, Endless Walk set (80-90% dmg most of the time). Getting the set scythe ancient will take some doing I think.

Anyone have tips? Or even build recommendations for the other sets? Reading the other set bonuses doesn't make them sound very exciting.

Cluck Kent

• Cookies: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 10, 2019, 10:35:21 PM »
Not familiar with HC Necros, you may want to google what others are doing. In regards to getting the Dayntees, you may want to try 10-20 attempts at changing a rare belt into a Legendary in the cube. I make a lot of my gear that way.

Good luck!

Melchior

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 10, 2019, 11:12:18 PM »
Not familiar with HC Necros, you may want to google what others are doing. In regards to getting the Dayntees, you may want to try 10-20 attempts at changing a rare belt into a Legendary in the cube. I make a lot of my gear that way.

Good luck!

Got the Dayntee's this morning ^_^ at the low low cost of another 3000 shards :)
Definitely helps with the toughness. Also did some rerolling and my resistances are now 2100-2200, have a bit more HP and a few more levels in my Esoteric gem. Feeling much safer, though damage still needs work. May need to commit to getting an Ancient Jesseth scythe.

Also started a HC barb, as I didn't have on yet. Ramped to 70 in no time using a Gem of Eased Furnace with Hellfire ammy/ring/Leorics crown. No gear to speak of yet, would like to do something other than whirling, as my SC barb has only ever been a whirler. Damn I do love whirling though.

mn4nu

• THAC0: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 11, 2019, 03:29:57 PM »
Get a band of might for your HC Barb.

Melchior

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 14, 2019, 06:43:34 PM »
Get a band of might for your HC Barb.
That would be perfect...however I died trying to farm gear :(

mn4nu

• THAC0: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 15, 2019, 01:45:53 PM »
RIP

Cluck Kent

• Cookies: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 15, 2019, 10:31:16 PM »
RIP, never fun losing an HC.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 12, 2019, 05:20:25 PM »
I actually bothered to fire up to the Bnet app, got about 5MB of "updates", fired up the game .. had a look at a thing or two, but couldnt' bring myself to actually go into the game, I exited and haven't been back.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 20, 2019, 05:57:25 AM »
actually did 2 runs with a friend to help him.  Died a shit tonne.  Have forgotten lots, stash is full, feel  like a horder l.. meh.  Went to paragon 793 ..

Melchior

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 21, 2019, 07:17:08 PM »
Have levelled a new HC barb. Started with Wastes WW but have gone to IK HOTA, which is stronger and a lot of fun. Currently levelling his gems and running GR80.

Took a page from my seasonal WD and respecced my HC Helltooth WD to a Zuni build. Definitely stronger, hit GR85, still needs improvement though.

LORD NIKON

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 16, 2019, 02:44:52 PM »
So I decided to try out the new WW Barb set in preparation for season 19. Twinking a new character in this game is hard, but not undoable. Burnt through my entire stash of low-level crafting materials and who knows how many blood shards in order to get almost all the gear I needed. Still didn't have the Lamentation belt. Its bonus is weird, you need to be above 2 attacks per second for it to work with that WW build and I barely hit that with Berserker and stacked Gogok. Only 1/2 of the Bul-Kathos' weapons was ancient too, but I ran out of mats. Didn't have Skull Grasp either, or properly rolled amulet and rings. And then:

The damn thing one-shot me. Probably my fault as I only had 540 000 HP, but this is definitely not a low-level paragon build. It was insanely fun to play, though, for the whole eight hours.

What baffles me, is the insane damage scaling of the monsters. After armour, resists and generic damage reduction I had a compound reduction of 99.71%. I made a spreadshet and input the values to check before the fatal occurence. That means the leap of the monster dealt a staggering 186 206 897 damage at the very least. What the hell, Blizzard?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 02:51:56 PM by LORD NIKON »