Author Topic: Non seasonal progression thread  (Read 24900 times)

mn4nu

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 24
    • View Profile
Re: Non seasonal progression thread
« Reply #255 on: June 10, 2020, 10:42:06 AM »
so I'm working through the set dungeons for the wing rewards. have 2 barb dungeons left (mote, WW) and then all of the monk dungeons. will have to farm a set or 2 for the monk dungeons, i'm afraid.
Good luck!

syn

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 11
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 10, 2020, 10:45:37 PM »
only Uliana's left but only have one piece of that set so it'll be a bit. definitely frustrating aspects to some of the dungeons but i like how you can't just brute force (most of) them. completely different from rifts.
Remember: If your schadenfreude lasts longer than four hours, consult a doctor.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 11, 2020, 07:16:14 AM »
...but i like how you can't just brute force (most of) them. completely different from rifts.

Yeah, the big challenge on these is to keep enough mobs alive to do a specific thing to them before killing them.  Then you have to kill all of them before time runs out.  Can't leave any stragglers way back on the route or else you'll fail.

Uliana's used to have a requirement that you couldn't take fire damage.  I'm not sure if it's still a requirement, but if it is you almost have to use that amulet that gives immunity to fire (Star of Azirnth, or something like that).

syn

• aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 11, 2020, 07:00:43 PM »
got it. had to do a ridiculous amount of damage nerfing for uliana but once that was set it wasn't bad. and yes, i used the fire immunity amulet... only slightly masochistic.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 12, 2020, 06:21:57 AM »
Congrats!!!

syn

• aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 15, 2020, 02:37:10 PM »
just had the harvest pennant drop from a monster. didn't know you could get a pennant drop. who uses pennants anyway... 

Orbert

• Cookies: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 15, 2020, 05:56:57 PM »
I have one pennant in my collection from something I don't even remember anymore.  I tried it for a while.  I thought maybe it would help me keep track of where I was when surrounded by monsters.  I might have, but mostly I just thought it looked kinda dumb running around with this giant thing attached to me.  So anyway, I don't use pennants either.

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 27, 2020, 11:53:01 AM »
I did the usual thing where I re-integrate Seasonal Stash items into my regular Stash.  I decided that since I don't play non-Seasonal very much, and we spend much more time in Seasons than not, I'd just start recycling stuff en masse.  If it's not Ancient, it goes, unless it's a particularly good non-Ancient item.  Sets for builds that I never play, gone.  Ancient or even Primal items that I will never use, gone.

Between clearing out all that junk and the Stash tab I picked up, I now have room to organize things.  Yay!  Non-Seasonal Stash was looking prety messy from having been neglected and having the past few Seasons' worth of stuff just tossed in.

I looked and I had a bunch of pretty-high Legendary Gems (70's and 80's, a few 90's), and decided I'd juice up one of my characters and see if I can finally run a GR 100.  Just to do it.  I set up my Monk with all Ancient gear, including three nice Primals, buffed everything as high as I could, and went for it.  92, 93, 94...

syn

• aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 27, 2020, 01:15:42 PM »
Congrats! 

Iím in a similar place both with stash and monk. Did a pair of 100s and have since converted her to a gold/DB farmer. Am enjoying boon of the hoarder with a goldwrap and the custerian bracers. gives at least a little XP tho still not close to high GR. Toughness* over a trillion at times with the belt. Noticed a display error where if toughness goes over somewhere around 1.3 trillion, it no longer displays correctly (will show zero). Iíve lost several high level characters after switching gear out for farming goals, so will probably stay with this gear for this one. Barring a disconnect it seems very safe.

Cleared out a little stash space as well. Have so far kept every primal. Some of them seem useless but you never know. The new SOJ looks interesting. Might try it with a Tal wizard.

*said defense originally, meant toughness.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 09:42:18 PM by syn »

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 27, 2020, 02:09:59 PM »
Primals are interesting.  I do like the awesome red border and the guaranteed-max stats, but the stats have to be the right ones.  In fact, while my Monk was on her way to 100, a Primal Dead Man's Legacy dropped.  Yes!  I had to decide whether I'd use my Monk or my UE Demon Hunter to go for 100, and went with my Monk because she's faster.  My Demon Hunter had been gambling quivers trying to even get an Ancient one to buff up (I probably recycled the one she had, accidentally), so this was perfect.  When the rift was done, I stashed it, left the game, and came back on with my DH.

It was bad.  Had Dex but no Vit, or either Crit.  Two of the primary stats were among my "always Enchant" stats.  +% to some skill I don't use, and I think reduced resource cost or something.  Neither secondary included +Discipline, which is pretty much required for the UE build.  So three stats the needed changing, and obviously you can change one of them.  I had Haedrig recycle it.  :(

I almost took a picture of it, just because it was a "useless Primal" but I didn't.  I figured every time I looked at it, I'd just get all bummed again.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 02:12:15 PM by Orbert »

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 27, 2020, 05:49:31 PM »
Congrats on the GR100 Orbert!

Cluck Kent

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 27, 2020, 07:37:29 PM »
Congrats Orbert and Syn!  Syn I saw you doing one of the GR100s HC the other night. Well done.

Primals. Bah humbug.

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 30, 2020, 09:58:16 AM »
So here's another minor confusion.  I decided to try to for a GR 100 with my Demon Hunter anyway.  I have two, actually.  The male is Bob (that's me) and the female (Angelina) is the one who I usually do the Season Rebirth with.  She ran a GR 85 the other day, but Bob is N6M4 (or M4N6, I can never remember how that works) and I figured he had a better shot.  He ran a GR 87.  Since the GR 85 that Angelina ran was a new high, I figured the 87 would be the new high.  Except it's not.

So he ran an 87, but my Personal Best is still 85?

syn

• aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 30, 2020, 10:41:25 AM »
 was the 85 set during the season with the 87 in the season gap? no other reason i can think of.

edit: just ran some GRs with my barb. looks like they've suspended the ladders, i suppose some sort of preparatory step for the new season?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 12:48:27 PM by syn »

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 30, 2020, 02:18:21 PM »
No, the 85 was last week sometime, after the season ended.  The 87 was this morning, different character but same account, and same class.  I even got the extra notice saying that the 85 was a new high, and fully expected to get it again when I ran the 87.

It's not a big deal; no one cares about non-season anyway.  I just thought it was weird.