Author Topic: Season 12  (Read 4044 times)

hurtlocker

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Season 12
« Reply #165 on: January 08, 2018, 03:37:48 PM »
WTF?? Completed a level 57 grift with my HC Monk, got the credit for completing the grift and there was loot
on the ground and BAM I'm also dead??? How is that possible? It even said I killed the Grift guardian but then it killed
me?? Very frustrating.

syn

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 7
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 08, 2018, 04:29:17 PM »
sorry HL. :(

aren't there a few RGs that can summon things that may survive after the RG is dead? stonesinger, for example. 
"They're not shithole countries. For one, Donald Trump isn't their president."
---Stephen Colbert

Orbert

• Cookies: 128
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 08, 2018, 04:29:40 PM »
Some of the Rift Guardians have "minions" (or whatever you call them) which stick around after you kill the Guardian.  The rock dude has those little weird circle things that can cause damage, the Skeleton King summons skeletons, etc.  I've killed Rift Guardians and then had to kill those other things before I could talk to Urshi because they kept hitting me and closing the gem window.

Not to make light of your issue (R.I.P.) but I've kinda wondered if those things could actually kill you after you kill the RG.  I think this might be the answer.

Cluck Kent

• Cookies: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 08, 2018, 07:06:29 PM »
Sorry to hear Hurt. I have been killed by an RG after the RG death but it was SC and happened several seasons ago. I thought they had gotten it straightened out, but I guess not.

Sssith

• Cookies: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 08, 2018, 07:29:26 PM »
Wow...that blows.  Sorry HL.

hurtlocker

• Cookies: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 08, 2018, 07:50:43 PM »
The rift guardian was Vesalius, I'm not sure if that guy has minions or not? I have been one shot killed
in SC by that guy in the past, seems that balls of fire thing he does is pretty powerful. By the way, that guy
wasn't even in same screen, I hit and he hit me from a distance. The worst part is I just got an ancient
fist weapon, the one that gives you the extra sweeping wind stacks. How these guys do a 100+ grift in
HC is just astounding to me.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 09, 2018, 07:21:27 AM »
RIP Hurtlocker.  That really is a crappy way to go.

Cluck Kent

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 09, 2018, 10:44:44 AM »
Most of those guys that do the 100+ GRs do a lot of things we aren't interested in doing to get there.

Nonetheless, it remains a solid achievement for those that don't use 3rd party programs or run an insane number of hours.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 10, 2018, 10:44:02 AM »
Well I was getting tired of making slow progress so I pushed forward to see if I could finish Chapter 4 for my HC Necro.  Guessed what happened?

I made it. :P 

I know...you thought I died.  I came a bit close.  I am definitely punching above my weight class at this point.  The last achievement was doing the GR20 one.  My rift runs are all between 12-15 minutes.  I once finished the rift with under 30 seconds left.  A couple close calls but I never triggered the Final Service proc so I must be doing something right.

So I have the full Trag-Oul set.  Yeahies?!  The idea of doing a blood based build in HC just seems wrong.  My killing speed right now is abysmal (I actually fairly ok when I am just inundated with monsters).  So I need to change something up.  I guess I might as well go crazy and do a blood build.  Ultimately if anyone has advice on doing a blood build or how to boost my current build I would love to hear it.

Melchior

• Cookies: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 12, 2018, 06:37:27 PM »
So I have the full Trag-Oul set.  Yeahies?!  The idea of doing a blood based build in HC just seems wrong.  My killing speed right now is abysmal (I actually fairly ok when I am just inundated with monsters).  So I need to change something up.  I guess I might as well go crazy and do a blood build.  Ultimately if anyone has advice on doing a blood build or how to boost my current build I would love to hear it.
Had the same thoughts about that set with my HC necro. Not quite completed so haven't tried it.  I think it's a matter of learning how to play the build properly. because I was (am) awful at necro, but getting the hang of it, so the class is getting easier to play in general. Doesn't seem as intuitive as the other classes IMO. I find the sets...weird, except Rathma which suits my style, I read it was overpowered, but eh looks the most fun.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 12, 2018, 10:05:48 PM »
Well I have been working on a blood nova build.  Pretty fun, but yes it is also a bit nerve wracking.  There are been a couple times where I spam it a bit too quickly.

At this point I am about P137.  T6 I think.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 14, 2018, 12:47:05 PM »
I completed the Rathma set, and even the Jesseth set.  So I thought the game was telling me to switch back to a Pets based build.  I did that and almost promptly died.  I haven't analysed what is messed up with my set up but at this point my nova/lance build is way more capable.  I am now up to P160 and I can handle T6 comfortably if a bit slow.  Unsurprisingly I am needing upgrades to my rings and ammy. 

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 15, 2018, 11:51:26 AM »
I am moving forward with Blood Nova and Trag-Oul.  I am now on T7 and P202.  Nice to cross the 200 mark.  I am slowly gearing myself up.  I just got the Gizzard legendary gem up to 25 ranks.  Should be interesting to see how much that helps.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 15, 2018, 07:28:37 PM »
Good progress Geoff!

I finished the season journey today.  The last conquest I did for the 3 you need for guardian was kill all the bosses in under 20 minutes on torment 10.  It's pretty simple to do solo with any witch doctor build using the Manajuma's set.  Also, I did a GR80 with my hardcore jade harvester doc today!

Cluck Kent

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 16, 2018, 07:17:18 PM »
Well done mn4nu! 80 GR in HC is a real accomplishment!