Author Topic: Season 12  (Read 644 times)

mn4nu

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 7
    • View Profile
Re: Season 12
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2017, 02:32:47 PM »
I'm playing a hardcore wizard to start this season.  Going Vyr's for now, but not sure how long I'll stick with that.  Eventually I want to use a non-archon build, like a Tal Rasha channeling build or something using energy twister, the twisted sword, and ranslor's folly bracers.  I just need to round up all the gear first.  It's always fun at the start of the season with everything being new again.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2017, 03:37:06 PM »
For me, one of the main reasons as well as the "Fresh start" which doesnt' last that long is getting a full set basically for free.  Especially as old gear is made redundant.

There are some who focus on non season.  But the bulk seems to be in season if you want to play with someone (you do).  99% of the time, playing with others is always a good thing

Melchior

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2017, 03:50:30 PM »
Damn you guys and your sound reasoning
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 05:29:30 PM by Melchior »

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2017, 04:22:40 PM »
Back from your holidays now melch melch?

syn

• Cookies: 5
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2017, 04:23:23 PM »
playing an IK barb so far this season. currently trying to get over that feeling you get when you spend all your crafting mats trying to improve a mediocre piece of gear and then an ancient version drops on the very next rift. also had two of the same unique mace drop from a single chest yesterday. take that, Sssith. :P
Breaking: Trump throws his support behind Putin for Alabama senate seat.*

*nm. trump's all in for the pedophile.

Ray Patean

• Cookies: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2017, 05:00:28 PM »
I'm having some good RNG so far this season. I got a few hours of play in yesterday, and got from P80 to just over P300. By the time I was done I had found a couple decent ancient set pieces, two Furnaces (one Ancient), an ancient Gavel of Judgement, a Little Rogue, two Slanderers, a BK Warrior Blood and then crafted a BK Solemn Vow on my first attempt!

I'm running an IK6/R4 build to speed to rifts, but I can't wait to try out the Istvan HotA build!

Pixie

• Administrator
  • Cookies: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2017, 05:01:59 PM »
Apparently the game really wants me to have two of every unique it gives me.

"Oh, Leoric's Crown. Neat."
"Huh. Another one. I guess Leoric mass produced these..."
"Goldwrap... And another Goldwrap..."

Melchior

• Cookies: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2017, 05:30:36 PM »
Back from your holidays now melch melch?

Yes Timmeh, decided to focus on my HC characters off-season though.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2017, 07:18:27 AM »
At lower levels, there are only certain legendaries that drop.  Leoric's crown is one of them.  It is a good low level helm to use since putting a ruby in it will really help you level up.  I wore a lvl 18 version of it until I was in my 60s leveling up my seasonal character.

hurtlocker

• Cookies: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2017, 10:22:28 PM »
Some changes I have noticed with this patch/season; 1) the smart drops seems to be a lower percentage than before, I get more
non class drops 2). there seems to be an increased number of goblins, almost one on every rift 3). new monsters with new powers
4). The new buffs seem to make your toon very powerful, very fast. no waiting for an ancient.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2017, 10:27:50 AM »
Well I am in Act V.  So far I have only had one death and that was me being careless.  I finished Act IV at level 70 and Paragon 2.  I haven't used my paragon points yet.  I assume you can reassign them as you change your build around?

Any quick pointers as to what to do with the Mystic?

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2017, 12:59:50 PM »
Yes, you can reassign paragon points at any time.

The Mystic is extremely important.  The most basic thing to do early on is to add a socket to a weapon.  You can reroll one property on any item though, so it's great for taking a not so great piece of gear and making it very good.  You need a forgotten soul and a deaths breath to change the property on a legendary or set item.  She also can transmog gear to look different if you like that kind of thing. 

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2017, 02:35:53 PM »
I guess I could see transmogging a helm.  While some are good I hate the look of some of the helms.

Good to know about the socket.  I have vague memories of people wishing they could add a socket to a unique or kickass rare.  The changing of the attribute seems odd.  You get to choose which attribute you want to reroll?  So if you get a really good item with an important bad roll you can try to fix it?

syn

• Cookies: 5
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2017, 02:47:06 PM »
You get to choose which attribute you want to reroll?  So if you get a really good item with an important bad roll you can try to fix it?

yes and yes. you can re-roll an attribute as often as you want, but once you've selected one attribute to change you can't modify anything else. for most items, the amount of gold needed increases with each roll. for non-seasonal gear you probably have enough gold that this will never be an issue, but starting out in a new season it can be a limiting factor. a few items (jewelry) require gems rather than gold and that cost doesn't escalate, but otherwise it's all the same.
Breaking: Trump throws his support behind Putin for Alabama senate seat.*

*nm. trump's all in for the pedophile.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2017, 02:51:03 PM »
How long does a season last?