Author Topic: Is anyone here still playing Guild Wars 2?  (Read 623 times)

Lego

• Administrator
  • THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 6
    • View Profile
Is anyone here still playing Guild Wars 2?
« on: April 06, 2017, 12:57:20 AM »
I am. It would be nice to have a partner now and again  :'(

nanenj

• Administrator
  • THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Is anyone here still playing Guild Wars 2?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 06:52:06 AM »
I've loaded it up on several occasions, I've never really made it outside of the starting town.  I don't know if it's the game itself, the lack of anyone to engage with, or what.  However, it's just not managed to encourage me to spend more time with it.

Pixie

• Administrator
  • THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 07:01:00 AM »
I've reinstalled it and tried it a few times over the last couple years but I never get far. It's just so darn boring to actually play. There's so many better, more engaging MMOs out there now. ESO, Tera, BDO, TSW, FF14... just to name a few off the top of my head.

Pixie

• Administrator
  • THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 04:34:48 PM »
I reinstalled this last night.

Why?

Well, for the last week or so I've had one of those weird character kicks I get, where I get a concept or nugget of an idea for a character and try to find a game to match. This concept was pretty much nothing more than "blue-skinned female character" and this has turned out to be an astonishingly hard character to find. SWTOR and Star Trek Online were suggested but they both suck. Otherwise, I'd come up pretty empty.

A friend suggested Wildstar, so I installed that and made an absolutely adorable blue-skinned... something... Wildstar turns out to be a hell of a lot of fun to play - I played it for like 10 straight hours yesterday. So, there's that.

But then I recalled having a blue sylvari once that I liked, so I figured I'd log onto GW2 again and see how that pans out. Maybe the game has improved since last I played? Could happen!

So, yeah. I'll be logging in at some point for the first time in quite a while. But first... a new class released in TERA today so that's the first priority! :D