Author Topic: Game of Thrones (no spoilers)  (Read 1678 times)

syn

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 10
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
Re: Game of Thrones (no spoilers)
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2019, 02:49:58 PM »
I did some reading after feeling somewhat cheated after all these seasons of build up and it seems the show runners were keen to move on and so shortened the final 2 seasons substantially. Like waiting 10 years for a Porsche and when it was finally delivered discovering they dropped a Lada engine in it in order to get it delivered on time.

I hope the petition that was started to get HBO to remake season 8 makes something happen.

I even watched a 10 minute video of them explaining why what is happening makes sense. You shouldn't have to make a video to explain a plot point in any show, let alone one with the budget, following and pedigree this show has...sigh. Bad show runners, bad.

Like many have already said, I'm keen to get my hands on the books and see how it was supposed to end.

hey, benioff & weiss are doing the next star wars series with supposedly original material, so no worries, right?

i will be surprised if there's ever another book in the GoT series. the last couple books were a significant drop-off from the first few, anyway. there were intermittent episodes of the show last season that i liked quite a bit, and that was well past when the show entered non-book territory... can't speak to this season. should probably suck it up and get HBOGo so it's not entirely ruined by spoilers.
Buttigieg on Trump: "It is the nature of grotesque things that you can't look away."  5/19/19

Sssith

• THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 20
    • View Profile
Re: Game of Thrones (no spoilers)
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2019, 05:11:23 PM »
I am enjoying the new season.  I was never a die-hard Game of Thrones fan.  I didn't like the book and enjoyed the show.  I do think there is a drop off in the current season but I don't think I am as invested as some people.