Author Topic: Trump continued  (Read 46754 times)

Sssith

• THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 22
    • View Profile
Re: Trump continued
« Reply #390 on: January 03, 2020, 06:29:35 PM »
An interesting article from 2013 about Qasem Soleimani: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2013/09/30/the-shadow-commander

A dangerous man and certainly an opponent on the US.  That said this is a bad president, and illegal in several ways.

Edit: https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-comment/the-dangers-posed-by-the-killing-of-qassem-suleimani

The same author has an article about the actual assassination.  Still in the process of digesting this.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 06:39:25 PM by Sssith »

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 03, 2020, 07:46:16 PM »

syn

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 11
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
Patrick Dillon
@mpdillon
The true mark of a successful photo op is literally everyone involved spending the next 24 hours trying to walk back their part in it happening

syn

• aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 27, 2020, 12:32:42 PM »
Ken Starr is on the floor of the senate arguing that impeachment has become an overused political weapon.

*head explodes*
Patrick Dillon
@mpdillon
The true mark of a successful photo op is literally everyone involved spending the next 24 hours trying to walk back their part in it happening

mn4nu

• THACO: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 27, 2020, 02:50:26 PM »
Ken Starr is on the floor of the senate arguing that impeachment has become an overused political weapon.

*head explodes*
Cannot agree with you more.  Fuck Ken Starr and that shyster Dershowitz too.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 06, 2020, 01:55:00 PM »
A comment from Mitt Romney

"In the last several weeks, I have received numerous calls and texts. Many demand that, in their words, I stand with the team. "

For regular people, that behaviour would be a criminal act for interfering with a Jury, and it would have consequences

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 24, 2020, 04:19:12 PM »
So Trump is in India, mispronounces the name of their greatest living sportsman who has many records no other cricketer has gotten close to. https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricket/119774993/sachin-tendulkars-name-leaves-donald-trump-stumped-during-india-visit

The name isn't even tricky to say compared to some foreign names.

Pixie

• Administrator
  • Cookies: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 24, 2020, 04:27:09 PM »
To be fair to the orange buffoon... cricket isn't a real sport anyway. :P

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 24, 2020, 05:22:35 PM »
I saw some clips.  He seems well received.  Any chance India can keep him?

All politicians screw up things like that.  The thing that is different with Trump is that it is a daily occurrence.  It shows a lack of intelligence, in that he is willfully ignorant.  It just shows a lack of willingness to prepare, and proves he is slothful.  There is not any level at which he does not disgust me.

syn

• aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 05:32:51 PM by syn »
Patrick Dillon
@mpdillon

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 28, 2020, 04:59:11 PM »
*slow clap*

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 01, 2020, 03:59:48 PM »
Imagine if the corona virus loses Trump + Pence the election, not all the stuff they have said and done.  As many have said, the "healthcare" plus workplace leave system doesn't really let most people say "hey, let me go quarantine myself for 2 weeks"

I hear Pence has been put in charge of it, they talk about how in Indiana AIDs took off based on what he did wrong.  They have sacked a whole bunch of experts and people who know how to stop it/contain it.

I hear about cases popping up, where no one can track back movements to a previous area of infection.

Could this be the perfect storm to move enough swing voters? Especially if it takes a toll and is in recent memory come voting time.  Its possible there could be a few waves of the virus

Pixie

• Administrator
  • Cookies: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 01, 2020, 04:08:29 PM »
Imagine if the corona virus loses Trump + Pence the election, not all the stuff they have said and done.  As many have said, the "healthcare" plus workplace leave system doesn't really let most people say "hey, let me go quarantine myself for 2 weeks"

I hear Pence has been put in charge of it, they talk about how in Indiana AIDs took off based on what he did wrong.  They have sacked a whole bunch of experts and people who know how to stop it/contain it.

I hear about cases popping up, where no one can track back movements to a previous area of infection.

Could this be the perfect storm to move enough swing voters? Especially if it takes a toll and is in recent memory come voting time.  Its possible there could be a few waves of the virus

It could make a difference.

That said, I prefer not to spend too much time contemplating "well, maybe enough people will die that it will cost Trump the election."

>.>

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 01, 2020, 05:05:17 PM »
you might know more already, but I was watching a video about the 1918 flu, how it got the name Spanish flu, mainly because Spain wasn't in the war, they weren't censoring their media and the Spanish king got it. Meanwhile thousands of others have caught it, many dying, but they didn't want to get in the way of the war so just hid the news