Author Topic: General gaming chatter  (Read 85245 times)

Godji

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 1
  • Hatter than the Hat Madder
    • View Profile
Re: General gaming chatter
« Reply #1140 on: February 20, 2021, 02:38:35 PM »
My main issue with the first Nioh was the loot mechanic, and unfortunately it seems Nioh 2 actually gets even further into the rabbit hole. I love the Souls game for how atmospheric they are, no atmosphere can take hold for me when half my time is spent in inventory management. The soulsborne-ish gameplay and diablo like loot systems are both systems I love, but the combination of both doesn't click for me.

maxbeedo

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: February 24, 2021, 08:22:16 PM »
Yeah, that is the big downside of Nioh over the Souls games, going too heavy with the loot and the lack of world design or environmental storytelling.  Individual encounters, ambushes, and shortcuts are designed well but the levels themselves make little sense.  There is also a ridiculous number of one-off historical figures that appear for a single mission like they're important but you'll never see them again, and most cutscenes are so short that you have to read bios to understand anything that's going on.  It's really all about the combat and customization, which is fine.

I'm fairly late in the game now, level 101, and just crafted several parts of a set, then tempered each piece several times until I got several strong modifiers, so the loot doesn't even entice me that much right now.  You're generally better off crafting than finding.  Like in Nioh 1, sometimes you'll find a grave of a player that had a complete set (or several in one area) so you can farm parts that way.  I remember fighting like 20 in a row in Nioh 1 that all were wearing the Red Demon set, which wasn't even that good of a set so the revenants were easy kills.

maxbeedo

• View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: February 25, 2021, 08:45:58 PM »
Pretty insane FF7R updates from the PS State of Play today.  PS5 version comes out on June 10th, upgrade from PS4 version is FREE, and there's also DLC where you can play as Yuffie that seems to bring in a lot of Dirge of Cerberus story elements.  They also dropped two trailers on their Twitter for new iOS/Android games, one a weird FF-theme battle royale game, the other is a FFXV-Pocket-Edition-Style recreation called FF7:Ever Crisis that is the entire FF7 compilation in one game (including Before Crisis which was never released outside Japan, and Crisis Core which was only on the PSP), which is awesome.  Sad that it's only on iOS/Android though.

maxbeedo

• View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: March 02, 2021, 11:01:30 PM »
Finished Nioh 2, working on wrapping up the platinum but that'll take a decent amount of grinding as I have to get to 120k proficiency with every weapon and 200k/250k with Ninjutsu/Onymo, which I've barely used.  Focused mainly on Odachi and Spear, heavy armor using the full Greater Good set, although that took boosting my Stamina up to 55 to wear while still being under 70% weight.  After beating the final boss every enemy in the game can start dropping Divine rarity gear, including +1 and higher versions, which makes the grind a bit easier as I can plow through early missions without worrying about dying and they'll actually drop stuff that I can either disassemble into divine fragments for crafting Divine gear or for soul matching +1 gear into higher bonuses.  Found all the Kodama and Hot Springs, need to do one more missions-specific thing, and do a lot of playing around with weapons I haven't touched. 

Next will be either Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order or 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim.

Oh, and Final Fantasy 7 Remake is free on PS+ this month, along with Remnant: From the Ashes and Farpoint.

Sssith

• THAC0: 15
  • Cookies: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: March 03, 2021, 10:15:20 AM »
Welp, I think I lost my Cyberpunk saves.  F* me.  I purposely moved steam apps off my main OS and my Documents folder too.  But it how looks like Cyberpunk didn't follow the normal pattern of save folder locations.  I think it was on my main OS.  Yesterday a W10 update crashed my computer and I reformatted main OS HD and did a clean install.  Now I can't find my Cyberpunk save folders.

mn4nu

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: March 03, 2021, 03:57:33 PM »
 :'(

Pixie

• Administrator
  • Cookies: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: March 03, 2021, 04:23:32 PM »
They should be in the standard location...

C:\users\[name]\saved games\CD Project Red\Cyberpunk 2077

The "saved games" folder is the win10 standard...

Also, they should be saved in the cloud because steam syncs saves.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: March 04, 2021, 01:26:53 PM »
I think I have cloud saves turned off.  I still have not found them.

I will take one last look.  In the mean time I am playing around with POE.  I kind of forgot how complicated the game is to understand all the mechanics.

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: March 04, 2021, 01:58:38 PM »
Yeah, if you only saved your "Documents" folder and have turned off cloud saves, you lost them. "Saved Games" exists in parallel with that one (along with music, downloads, pictures, etc). For future reference, with Win10, save the entire folder with your username on it under C:\Users\

:(

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: March 04, 2021, 02:25:32 PM »
I had moved my documents folder.  But the saves weren't there.  I am guessing something go screwed up with that.

Frustrating but not deal breaking.  I will play Cyberpunk again once the game is in a better state and when they have added some more content.

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: March 04, 2021, 03:53:55 PM »
I had moved my documents folder.  But the saves weren't there.  I am guessing something go screwed up with that.

Frustrating but not deal breaking.  I will play Cyberpunk again once the game is in a better state and when they have added some more content.

Yeah, like I said - saves are not in documents anymore like they used to be in previous Windows versions. They're parallel.

In your "users\[name]" folder in Win10 now you have:

\Documents\
\Downloads\
\Music\
\Pictures\
\Saved Games\

And some other shit. So you need the whole user folder, not just the docs subfolder.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: March 04, 2021, 06:20:13 PM »
I had moved all my folders.  But at the time I did that the Saved Games wasn't there so it wasn't moved.  It was probably sitting on my OS drive when I wiped it.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: March 10, 2021, 10:45:37 AM »
So I am back in POE which has been fun.  The game, visually, is nicer than the last time I played. 

Holy cow is the learning curve steep.  It is even more complicated than what I remembered.  I am in the current 'season' playing self found.  Since I last played they have added a tab to your inventory that keeps track of every unique you have found.  So the crazy grailer's around here should be into that.

Pixie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: March 10, 2021, 04:21:47 PM »
PoE can be either of two games... One good, one awful.

mn4nu

• Cookies: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: March 10, 2021, 08:49:13 PM »
So the crazy grailer's around here should be into that.
I saw that skill tree a long time ago and stayed the hell away.