Author Topic: NBA 21-22  (Read 223 times)

maxbeedo

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 7
    • View Profile
NBA 21-22
« on: April 08, 2022, 07:40:27 PM »
Not that I suspect this will get much traction, but it's been an interesting season.  The media unanimously picked the Lakers and Nets to make the finals, but they are currently sitting at Eliminated and 8th with 2 games left.  Phoenix looks like they're gonna revenge last year's finals loss, depending on their matchups, though being a Dallas fan I'm optimistic about our chances "if we can avoid Phoenix for as long as possible".  The East is harder to judge, with the top 4-6 being relatively close.  The Bulls were looking really good for a while but injuries have derailed them quite a bit, so my guesses would be the Bucks (again) or Miami. 

mn4nu

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 25
    • View Profile
Re: NBA 21-22
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2022, 08:15:35 AM »
I usually don't follow the NBA too much until the playoffs start.  You are correct Max, the east looks wide open and Phoenix looks like best of the west.  It takes 2 months to complete the playoffs, which seems like forever.  It is kind of nice to see the Timberwolves actually have a decent team this year for the first time in a while.

Cluck Kent

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2022, 06:29:40 PM »
Avid follower of basketball here and Toronto Raptor fan. We cheered when we heard the Lakers failed to make the playoffs - gave me another reason to love Pop.  Difficult to imagine the Suns not coming out of the West with the year they've had and their big guns healthy, but you never can be sure in the playoffs. I'm really interested to see if the Grizzlies can make some noise, Ja Morant has had such a great season and the Warriors would be formidable if they get a healthy Steph Curry back. Luka Doncic could pull something off for Dallas with his talent, the friendly giant Nikola Jokic shouldn't be underestimated and the Clippers with George back, well who knows.

Wide open is an apt description of the East. Brooklyn could get Simmons back in the first round, although they've been saying that for a long time, and win the East still. Miami has a good team but so does Milwaukee and Philly. Even so, the hottest team in the league in the 2nd half was the Celtics and I'd be surprised if they aren't in the Eastern Finals. The Raptors have 4 guys who can get hot and the entire team plays tough defense so while I'd be surprised if they get out of the first round, there is a chance they could beat Philly. However, if Boston loses tonight, the Raptors will face the Celtics in the first round and I'm certain we couldn't beat them 4 out of 7. Also, Atlanta could sneak into the 8th spot and while it would be shocking if they upset Miami in the first round, it's a fool who counts Trae Young out too early.

There are many interesting story lines this year in the NBA playoffs, I just hope injuries don't derail too many of them.

maxbeedo

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2022, 09:12:33 AM »
Kind of unlucky for Boston, they ended up the #2 seed, with Brooklyn getting to #7 to host their play-in game, so if they win that game they will be Boston's reward for owning the tie-breaker over Milwaukee and Philly.  Golden State held on to #3 which sets up well for them, since Memphis is still somewhat untested and Denver hasn't been doing well against the good teams.  I feel semi-confident in Dallas being able to beat Utah, but then Phoenix after that would be rough.  Ironically, Dallas would've been the #2 seed in the East.