Author Topic: D2R Upcoming patch 2.4, buffs, ladder etc  (Read 523 times)

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 16
    • View Profile
D2R Upcoming patch 2.4, buffs, ladder etc
« on: December 16, 2021, 06:21:37 PM »
Text version of the dev update here
https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo_2_Resurrected/comments/ri0bay/recap_of_d2r_24_stream_with_llamadevs/
video one here (90 minutes) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxGnoMoiHNI

I know on discord that this stirred up some controversy, so will be interesting to see what  happens here.  Looks like current meta things will still work just fine, but skills that have never been used will be viable, other mercs viable etc.  That will be good to have options.   Waiting 4 months for  the option to make some new runewords is fine.  There are a bunch I haven't been able to make in over a decade now ..

I think once more details are out that I WILL make some new characters, I think I'll move over my twinking gear from the original game.

Sssith

• THAC0: 15
  • Cookies: 26
    • View Profile
Re: D2R Upcoming patch 2.4, buffs, ladder etc
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2021, 11:50:30 AM »
The idea of making more things viable is a good one.  So long as they don't kill the characters I have already built.

That is what killed my interest in POE.  They would do a new patch and my old characters would no longer be viable.  Yes they gave me a respec but I also spent a lot of time getting gear for the build in question.  It seems that D2R is trying not to do that, time will tell.

New Runewords should be good.  On the negative side they tend to make uniques less important.

Buffing sets and allowing upgrade should be interesting.  As will making other merc viable.

On the whole it seems like they are making the right changes.  Again, time will tell.

Flan

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2021, 05:18:33 PM »
Hopefully will improve build diversity.  I'm hoping for audio indicator when a rune falls (especially in LK), something like a trumpet blaring.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2021, 11:19:16 AM »
Hopefully will improve build diversity.  I'm hoping for audio indicator when a rune falls (especially in LK), something like a trumpet blaring.

Yeah...anything in that line would be helpful.  POE does this part better.  You can specify different sounds for different things.  So a high run can be trumpet blaring, which mid-rune could be a gong, and the normal nothing for low rune.

mn4nu

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2021, 07:26:18 AM »
I am starting to come around more to the proposed changes.  As long as they don't mess around with what works now I think it will be a good thing.

Flan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2021, 07:44:36 AM »
And give me melee splash damage as well to help melee classes.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2021, 10:41:26 AM »
I think they are playing on adjusting AR to help with melee.  It should be interesting to see how this all shakes out.

I think the PvP people are going to be upset.  It is pretty amazing how this game is tuned to make that doable.  The changes are sure to mess that up.  Not that PvP is my thing but it is a D2 thing and I would be surprised if they get this right.

maxbeedo

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2022, 08:18:37 AM »
Updated video from MrLlama with new full list of changes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTmEWV4oWrM

Looks like they're buffing a lot of areas to level 85, a bunch of new non-required ones (Stony Ruins, Swampy Pit, Act 5 red portals, etc.).  Act 1 Mercs get a lot of love, as they now get Freezing Arrow/Exploding Arrow and there are a ton of bow-focused runewords (some with Piercing Attack).  Act 3 Fire Merc can cast Enchant on himself, you, and allies, so that's something to think about at least.

Flan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2022, 06:07:21 AM »
I heard they fixing Leap Attack by speeding it up, as opposed to the Matrix-like slo-mo.  That will be a big improvement for me.